• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION THREAD June 19-26, 2010 Cozy, Cenotes & Whalesharks!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

This was my first trip with SD and I would definitely be interested in the Cozy portion. Not sure about the triple play (Cozy, Cenotes & Holbox).

Of course the backside would be optional....so you could pass on them and just do Cozy!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Also possibly interested in this trip. I am going to see a whaleshark someday.....

#18 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Cozumel was my first and therefore is my favorite :wakawaka: ! As long as I don't have a conflict re: my son, it's a go for me! We snorkeled with the whalesharks off Holbox and that was incredible... Can't wait to dive it! But I'd have to nix the cenotes.
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#19 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

Heck....it should be a bargain the next couple of months.......let's go now! :wakawaka:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#20 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

I'm in for this trip!! Cenotes and Whalesharks in Holbox .... Yes! Any dates are fine... :wakawaka:

#21 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hi again Kamala...

I think I found what I was looking for....any details yet for dates and cost???
If at first you don't succeed...you keep on sucking until you do suck seed. By: Curly of the Three Stooges

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

Hi again Kamala...

I think I found what I was looking for....any details yet for dates and cost???

By posting in this thread we'll send you a pm/email that its open for the premiers for 1 week of advance booking. I'll have the pricing set for this trip and all details within a week. It can be done a bit cheaper if you take the local bus but you have no guarantee that you'll get to the ferry in time and well local buses usually do not have a/c and are quite an adventure on their own. We will have a private bus take us from the ferry in Playa to the Cenotes and then take us to the ferry to Holbox and then pick us up from the ferry in Holbox to take us to Cancun. First class all the way but for a reasonable economy price! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

I did 't really care much for the drift diving of Cozumel but Holbox would be great and the Cenotes is something I definately want to do and have been waiting for this trip to post! - D :teeth:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

I did 't really care much for the drift diving of Cozumel but Holbox would be great and the Cenotes is something I definately want to do and have been waiting for this trip to post! - D :teeth:

Awesome! It is very hard to do only the Cenotes which are VERY INTERESTING AND VERY SHALLOW...and of course the whalesharks which are to die for! The logistics work good to do Cozy only or all of the trip but not just the back end unless you plan to stay the night in Cancun and join us in Playa approx when we think we will get there to start our journey to the Cenotes. I had not planned to price the trip out into separate components due to the difficult logistics.

I am sorry you did not like the diving in Cozy. k

formerly...

#25 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:26 AM

Awesome! It is very hard to do only the Cenotes which are VERY INTERESTING AND VERY SHALLOW...and of course the whalesharks which are to die for! The logistics work good to do Cozy only or all of the trip but not just the back end unless you plan to stay the night in Cancun and join us in Playa approx when we think we will get there to start our journey to the Cenotes. I had not planned to price the trip out into separate components due to the difficult logistics.

I am sorry you did not like the diving in Cozy. k

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Couldn't you meet up in Playa at the Ferry Dock? There are some nice hotels along there where someone could stay and meet the group when they come off the ferry.

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Couldn't you meet up in Playa at the Ferry Dock? There are some nice hotels along there where someone could stay and meet the group when they come off the ferry.

It is possible but actually the higher priced part of the trip is the backend due to all the private buses and private ferries that we use to avoid missing any scheduled local transport. Kamala

formerly...

#27 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

Lil Mermaid and I were talking during the Cozy trip that in addition to the Cenotes & holbox part, that at some point we would also like to take a trip to Chichen Itza, which is a very, very long day when staying in Cozy. I also have a friend who while a non diver has been dying to swim with the whale sharks. Doing a Cancun/Riveria Maya trip may be an easier way to do that.

#28 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

Lil Mermaid and I were talking during the Cozy trip that in addition to the Cenotes & holbox part, that at some point we would also like to take a trip to Chichen Itza, which is a very, very long day when staying in Cozy. I also have a friend who while a non diver has been dying to swim with the whale sharks. Doing a Cancun/Riveria Maya trip may be an easier way to do that.

Hey George -

I have never done "Chicken Pizza" but others in my party in 2006 did the run from Coz to the ruins and back. You are right, it will take the better part of a long, hot day! When they returned they realized they had lost a diving day mid-week (DUH...). From Denver, you might be able to fly to Cancun cheaper than Coz. After the last SD trip day just hang for your non-diving day and explore before flying home from Cancun.

I am looking forward to the Holbox and whale sharks myself!

UP Diver
:P
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#29 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

I did 't really care much for the drift diving of Cozumel but Holbox would be great and the Cenotes is something I definately want to do and have been waiting for this trip to post! - D :P

Belinda -

I read about your 'kiss of the fire coral/hydroid'... Was the current too fast for your liking or too slow? Parts of Palancar Reef can really rip, while the dives I have made to Palancar Forest were pretty docile. If you say something to the DM and dive shop, they can pretty well tailor your dive site to fit the currents for the time of day and tidal activity in the area.

Just my 2 PSI

UP Diver
:P
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#30 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

Well I just like a slow pace, look around, peek in holes, take pics, spy on the sea creatures awhile rather than cover a lot of ground fast. That's what it felt like on the dives. I was more focused on not being separated from my buddy and the group than looking around. I couldn't even get anywhere near the nurse shark because the current was so strong and I was too far away. I was struggling with my weights which has never been a problem before. Too much - too heavy, swimming against current - sucked air like a big dog. I'm used to staying an hour and coming up with 1000 psi left. So anyway I've only done one other drift dive and that was on the backside of Molokini Crater in Maui and had no problem there. I also like to end the day with a corona on a gorgeous white beach under the palapas. Didn't see that there.

I will go to Cozumel though if that's the way the trip is. I may stay a few extra days or something. Holobox looks awesome. Is it really or just good internet photo shop? The cenotes look like fun to dive and swim! I LOVE caverns!

Georoc01/ Little Mermaid - I'd LOVE to go in on the chicken Pizza if you don't mind! I've been Cancun before but didn't get to see the ruins.
- D
Ain't love a BEACH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users