• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Over 100 Members....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,620 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:57 AM

Hey Gang...we did it!!! Today is our 1 month anniversary and we have over 100 members!!! WOO HOO!!! WE DID IT!!! :cool2:

I was secretly (and if you read my posts) not so secretly hoping we'd hit 100 members in our first month....and we did!!! We are also at 1950 posts and I thought we'd never hit 1000 let alone 2000 which I'm sure we will hit today!!! :D

Congratulations as almost all of you are active and have introduced yourself to us...and if you haven't yet....PLEASE do so!!! :cool2:

As for the second month....can we top it? How about a challenge here....how about we DOUBLE our MEMBERSHIP in the next 30 days....can we do it? :P

I know we can if each of you merely tells one friend about us and asks them to join! Remember it is free to join...unless you want to upgrade to a premium membership level...which we hope you do as most of you have ...as it helps us to pay our bills....and bills are always a GOOD thing to pay! And don't forget to tell them to put YOUR name in the "where they heard of us box"!!!! LOL!!! ;)

So can we do it? Another 100 members in 30 days???? I hope so!!!!!

-Kamala aka "Wreck Wench"

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:14 AM

Kamala Congratulations! V well done. You have built a fun and very responsive board - I think you are easily going to beat your target for month 2 as well!! :cool2:
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#3 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:07 AM

[SIZE=7][b][color=red]Hey Gang...we did it!!! Today is our 1 month anniversary and we have over 100 members!!!  WOO HOO!!!  WE DID IT......
[SIZE=7][color=red][b]

I know we can if each of you merely tells one friend about us and asks them to join!  Remember it is free to join...unless you want to upgrade to a premium membership level...which we hope you do as most of you have ...as it helps us to pay our bills....and bills are always a GOOD thing to pay!  And don't forget to tell them to put YOUR name in the "where they heard of us box"!!!! LOL!!!   :twist:
So can we do it?  Another 100 members in 30 days????  I hope so

YeeHAW!! :-D Great job you guys! This board is so much fun to post to. Plus, lots of lurking & learning on the dive realted stuff...

Congrats to you all for doing such a good job! I'm going to get us some new members if I have to twist someones arm to do it!!! :anna:

Also, I am going to sign up for the premium membership. I'd hate to see this forum go away for lack of funds. :dltears:

Edited by Marvel, 31 March 2004 - 07:09 AM.

Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#4 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:15 AM

Good on you!

#5 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:36 AM

Anytime you begin something new, you have hopes, but don't really know what will happen. This venture has been a total joy (with a few hectic moments thrown in). It started with the three of us working to get things going, problems with software (my orininal account had to be deleted, etc.) and just seeing how things would work. It was great hashing out details with Wreck Wench and zendiver.

When we opened it up and all y'all started joining the site and posting, it suddenly became lots of fun. You people are a fun group! Keep those posts coming. Keep telling your friends (please tell them to put your name in the "how did you hear about us?" section, so we can give you credit) about the site and please go diving. That's what it's all about - diving! We have several fun trips lined up to make it easy.

Thanks to all the members for making this a fun place!

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#6 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:17 AM

This is AWESOME! I can't believe we actually did it, but with the members we are getting, due to referrals, the ads that are out (Thanks Scott), WW being on Scuba Radio (again, thanks Scott), members putting SingleDivers.com in their signatures on other boards, and just wanting to spread the word because they believe in us and WANT to tell ALL of their friends that they have found a new home, really shows the quality of the members that we already have. :twist: If it wasn't for ALL of YOU, it would have been just another idea that fizzled out. Walter is right, the three of us and a couple of others behind the scenes have put in uncountless amount of hours, long nights, and most weekends making sure that we make this a fun place. BUt PLEASE don't forget, the Surface Interval is ONLY 1 part of SingleDivers.com website. Please make sure that when you tell your friends about us, that you tell them to visit http://www.singledivers.com and check out our website so they really know what we are all about. Our specials on trips, upcoming and previous trips, forms, and much much more to come. I am constantly updateing the site and making changes. Thanks to Walter, I am able to do this as he has jumped in and took hold of the Surface Interval and
doing a fantastic job.

Ok, enough rambling...I gotta get to work, but I wanted to Thank ALL OF YOU for making SingleDivers.com what it has become and what we will be when we do finally grow up (as Mike put it).

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#7 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:22 AM

That great news!! Hopefully we'll be able to keep the momentum up and reach the next goal that Wreck Wench has set.

Walter, what's the male/female ratio at now? Just curious.

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#8 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:49 AM

Congrat's on making it to 100, well actually over 100 now.. I think that it will surely double by the next month once folks find out how much fun it is here... :twist:

#9 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:51 AM

Yeeha! Way to go, y'all!! I'm having too much fun here, just ask my boss!

:twist:
coppermaus

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

Male/female ratio is still close to 50/50. I can get you exact numbers tonight.

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:09 AM

Keep in mind, I do the male/female ratio as well as several other things (upgrading to Premier status etc.), manually. I may not be able to keep track if (as I'm expecting) our rate of growth continues.

Walter

DSSW,

WWW™

#12 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:06 AM

Congratulations! That's Fantastic News!

#13 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:24 AM

As for the second month....can we top it? How about a challenge here....how about we DOUBLE our MEMBERSHIP in the next 30 days....can we do it? :)

Hey Kamala,

How about a contest on this for the current members and bringing in new members? I think the challenge would be fun..

Dejah

#14 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:41 PM

Dejah Good Idea
I'm in!!! Sounds fun :)
Win or Loose Its all fun and fun for all.

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users