• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HH great! Chiefs . . . well . . . .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Dinner was fun, Landlocked DN's couch was comfy, the tailgating was a blast and the Chief's game was fun . . . except for the "Make the cripple walk 3/4 the way around the stadium" game and us freezing in the rain. :teeth:

Good times and great people. :blond:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hey Hawk...I have not tried out the LLDN's couch yet but I hear it gets rave reviews! :teeth:

In fact I will be planning to join a KC HH or better yet find a cheap airfare and set up an HH around my visit! ;)

Either way I hope you and Drifter can be there...we have some FANTASTIC MEMBERS IN THE AREA! :blond:

Glad you all had a good time...even if the chiefs did not win! :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, the game went pretty much as expected - KC got trounced! :blond: The tailgating was fun, and it was warm & sunny during that part of Part II of the KC HH! So of course, we all left our coats & rain gear in the trucks when we headed towards the stadium.....it started to drizzle towards the end of the half, and by the middle of the third quarter it was a steady light rain, with cold breezes. As KC turned it over because our receivers don't use any stick-um on their hands, we all bailed!

Scott & Tonya headed back to Maryville - a 2 hour drive. Cass, Hawk & I headed to a sports bar to watch some better teams play for a bit, then Hawk had to head back to the Omaha area.

It was great meeting Steve, Hawk & Tonya at the Sat. nite HH, and seeing Scott again too!

We'll have other HH's here, but next summer we'll either do a Royals game, or just head to BonTerre Mine or Mermet Springs for an overnite HH & dive trip. Maybe have St. Louis & southern Illinois peeps join us!
Posted Image

#4 drifter

drifter

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

It was good meeting you Hawk, and Cass as well. We had fun at the HH and tailgating. The game was even entertaining until the sky went dark and we got drenched. I believe there were a few comments about needing our wetsuits :D

Thanks for organizing the event Tammy!!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
"Not all those who wander are lost."
~JRR Tolkien

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

I believe there were a few comments about needing our wetsuits :D

Yup they would have laughed at you right up UNTIL everyone got drenched...but then who knew? :thankyou:

Of course you could take the "Wench school of readiness" to heart and just go prepared so you are assured of the last laugh IF worst comes to worst....think 'dry suit' here when everyone else is diving wet UNTIL everyone is cold and miserable and then I no longer look so funny! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users