• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Pet Friends

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Maybe this is dumb :cool1: ,I was wondering how many of us have pets? If so are they Feline or Canine, or even a Aquarium :dancing: ? Do they impact our Diving schedule?
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#2 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

We have a cat, Milo - I'd love to post an image - but can't seem to get it to work...

Anyway - he's not a problem to schedule around - put in extra litter, dump 20# of cat food into the sink, and leave the toilet seat up... :dancing:

Seriously - our son stops by every day or so - it's great to have responsible adult children - especially as cool as he is (also a diver, but seldom available for trips - Sara_The_Brown another responsible adult child - would be a good buddy or a great cat feeder.

Edited by Capn Jack, 03 January 2010 - 10:57 AM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#3 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

We have a cat, Milo - I'd love to post an image - but can't seem to get it to work...

Anyway - he's not a problem to schedule around - put in extra litter, dump 20# of cat food into the sink, and leave the toilet seat up... :cool1:

Seriously - our son stops by every day or so - it's great to have responsible adult children - especially as cool as he is (also a diver, but seldom available for trips - Sara_The_Brown another responsible adult child - would be a good buddy or a great cat feeder.

:dancing: ,got two cats here. Sunny & Tamari Siamese -Lynx/Seal point.,I would like to post a pix as well.Neighbor takes care of them.The nice thing about Felines are ,you don't have to take them for walks,pretty maintance free.
Greg

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

I thought about getting a dog now that the Ex is out of the house, but I'm gone 10-12 hours each work day, and for days at a time if I travel for work, and THEN I have to factor in my dive trips. Not fair to the dog to leave them alone so much, IMHO. If I got a cat, it would be my luck to get one that is aloof and not very affectionate!
Posted Image

#5 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

I am a vets daughter who has only recently been in one place long enough to take on pets - so have made up for lost time :dancing: I have three cats - two street rescue kitties that are part Arabian Mau (Joey and JJ) and one "fancy" cat (Fula) - a Turkish Angora pedigree. She was put up for adoption when her owners left the UAE. It is like living in a reality cross between The Lady and the Tramp, Laurel and Hardy and Roadrunner.

When I go away diving, my p/t maid, Mrs Doolittle the VIP pet sitter, or a close friend looks after them.

Attached Thumbnails

• pawsonchair.jpg
  • Box1.jpg

Edited by weescot, 05 January 2010 - 11:48 AM.

Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#6 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

We had a lab-newfi mix that passed away a couple of years ago from liver cancer - he was 13 and a hoot. sure miss him.

we have an 18 pound Maine Coon that thinks he is a lap cat.............sigh

Edited by Starfish Sandy, 03 January 2010 - 12:48 PM.

Known puker

#7 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have a rescue terrier mix dog, ten years old now, and currently have a built in dog sitter when I have to stay late at work or want to do a dive trip. Right now she's looking at me saying, let's go keep that new year's resolution to be healthier and go for a walk!

Guess I'd better do what she says, bye all... :dancing:

#8 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Look's like the Feline :cool1: & Canine are about running neck & neck so far.!! Let's face it without them we would only have a wall or space to talk to :dancing: .
Greg

#9 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

I have an 8-yo Rottenweiler that lets me do whatever I want. She has adapted wonderfully over the last 4 years of my diving and 5 years of divorce. She only gives me occasional dirty looks for being gone just about every weekend. The parental unit that is down my driveway have taken over most of my ownership responsibilites of feeding, watering, and general conversation. I think they are all happy about it. I asked the Vet about her possibly needing a more attentive home and his response was "She's good, besides I know she is attached to you."

#10 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

We have 2 leonbergers (jedi and stromboli) and 2 cats ( sushi and soba). If we travel, we have our aunt stay with them. if only a long day, we have a pet sitter come in.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20080823_182517_rev.jpg
  • SobaBear5.jpg

Which end is up?

#11 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

I’m afraid I’m not going to help the decided between the pup/kitty debate. I have one of each…

Pookie and Nadja

As for cutting into my dive schedule, they aren’t a problem (that is why I have a live-in housekeeper.)

FWIW, missing them is the worst part of traveling.

Attached Thumbnails

• pookie.gif
  • nadja16.jpg

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#12 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

I'm afraid I'm not going to help the decided between the pup/kitty debate. I have one of each…

Pookie and Nadja

As for cutting into my dive schedule, they aren't a problem (that is why I have a live-in housekeeper.)

FWIW, missing them is the worst part of traveling.

I :welcome: .Pookie is the Feline,I'm guessing .Beautiful canine. Thanks, for the add on .B4N
Greg

#13 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

I'm not going to help settle the cat/dog debate either since I too have one of each. Here are pictures of Hans (dog) and Bailey (cat). When I travel Hans stays at a kennel called the Pampered Pet Resort, where he is truly pampered. Bailey hangs out at the house and I have friends and/or co-workers stop by to visit him.

Attached Thumbnails

• Hans.jpg
  • Bailey.jpg

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#14 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:07 PM

I'm not going to help settle the cat/dog debate either since I too have one of each. Here are pictures of Hans (dog) and Bailey (cat). When I travel Hans stays at a kennel called the Pampered Pet Resort, where he is truly pampered. Bailey hangs out at the house and I have friends and/or co-workers stop by to visit him.

:welcome: Very nice family.At this point the :hiya: are in the lead 11 to 5. Looks like theres a trend going on here.Glad to hear everyone leaves our friends attended.

Edited by Greg@ihpil, 05 January 2010 - 12:50 PM.

Greg

#15 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

This picture was taken in 2005 they were my girls Bobby and Buttons. Both have since passed away. They were litter box trained and had the run of the house when we were home. My wife and I belonged to an organization called the Rabbit Habit that rescues rabbits. So add one vote for House rabbits! :thankyou: December_05_Buns_005.jpg

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users