• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Our Pet Friends

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

This picture was taken in 2005 they were my girls Bobby and Buttons. Both have since passed away. They were litter box trained and had the run of the house when we were home. My wife and I belonged to an organization called the Rabbit Habit that rescues rabbits. So add one vote for House rabbits! :thankyou:

One vote and counting.What ever makes us Happy,Right!Glad one of them wasn't Bugs.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#17 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

I have neither a cat nor a dog but love both. I do however have a bird; A sun conure to be exact. I hate leaving her for even a day, but she is usually okay for 2-3 nights so long as I fill her bowl with food and two water dishes. Anything longer thna that and I have someone come and change out her water for me and check on her. So far I have been lucky enough to have several someones to go to for this.

Sorry, I didn't help your cat vs dog count :thankyou:

#18 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

I needed to add Sushi's pic also. I couldn't add it to my last post.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sushi3.jpg

Which end is up?

#19 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

While I don't officially own any pets, the girlfriend I've been renting a room from has three cats (two outdoor rodent exercise agents and one indoor bug hunter) and two German Shepherds. I confess I'm not a huge fan of dogs, but these two Shepherds are very well trained so they're okay in my book. The indoor cat, a sweet-tempered little brat named Chloe, is my constant companion and sidekick. She diligently assists me when I work on the computer, watch TV, read, et cetera, but for some obscure reason disappears without a trace when I vacuum... How odd! :thankyou:

I take care of all of the critters when my girlfriend is on travel, but don't have to worry about arranging for care givers when I go elsewhere! Nice, huh?!

The brat is pictured below. I get a kick out of her goatee and half a moustache...

Attached Thumbnails

• Brat.jpg

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#20 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

I have neither a cat nor a dog but love both. I do however have a bird; A sun conure to be exact. I hate leaving her for even a day, but she is usually okay for 2-3 nights so long as I fill her bowl with food and two water dishes. Anything longer thna that and I have someone come and change out her water for me and check on her. So far I have been lucky enough to have several someones to go to for this.

Sorry, I didn't help your cat vs dog count :thankyou:

I had a friend that had a Rotwiler dog, a cat, and a Yellow Napped Amazon bird. If I didn’t see it myself, I wouldn't have believed it, but they all played together well. It was a hoot to see the bird tease the cat, then the dog chase the cat. (It seemed the cat was the brunt of most of the teasing.)

She had a “family portrait” of her, the bird on her shoulder, the cat in her arms, and the dog sitting next to them. The photographer couldn’t believe that all three animals stayed still for the photo shoot!
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#21 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

While I don't officially own any pets, the girlfriend I've been renting a room from has three cats (two outdoor rodent exercise agents and one indoor bug hunter) and two German Shepherds. I confess I'm not a huge fan of dogs, but these two Shepherds are very well trained so they're okay in my book. The indoor cat, a sweet-tempered little brat named Chloe, is my constant companion and sidekick. She diligently assists me when I work on the computer, watch TV, read, et cetera, but for some obscure reason disappears without a trace when I vacuum... How odd! :thankyou:

I take care of all of the critters when my girlfriend is on travel, but don't have to worry about arranging for care givers when I go elsewhere! Nice, huh?!

The brat is pictured below. I get a kick out of her goatee and half a moustache...

What a pose Chloe!Almost a Elizabeth Taylor stare.So typical of a cat.I almost forgot to mention a neat Pet site for Dogs & Cats Petcentric.com

Edited by Greg@ihpil, 06 January 2010 - 07:33 AM.

Greg

#22 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:44 PM

Here is a Shot of My felines
Posted Image
Greg

#23 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Motley

#24 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

I had a cat that looked like that!!! She found me and we became very attached to each other. I have only seen one other with the same coloring/markings. My cousin had hers find her in Turkey.

Edited by pmarie, 13 January 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#25 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

I had a cat that looked like that!!! She found me and we became very attached to each other. I have only seen one other with the same coloring/markings. My cousin had hers find her in Turkey.

Marie,Strange as it may seem,they both were lighter colored when they were younger.It was neat how close resemblence they became.Sunny was a Rescue pictured on the left,Tammari is a pure bred LYNX &SEAL PT. Lost her sister to FIP.It has 2 forms a wet & a dry.Both are the equivalant of aids to a human,It sad to see them in this kind of a state.There is no real cure.If I said it earlier,sorry,but there seems to be a real close paralell with divers & cats.Things that make you go mmmmm,or Meow :lmao:
Greg

#26 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

How's this for a PET!!?? You have to see this !!!!!!!!!
'Giant George' and owner Dave Nasser share a couch together: The four-year-old blue great dane, weighs a staggering 245lbs and measures almost 43ins at the shoulder

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

'He's 42.625 inches at the shoulder,' said David. 'He's very very unique.'

According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.

David and Christine raised George from when he was 7 weeks old, but never expected him to grow so big.
http://i.dailymail.c...4x361_popup.jpg
Magnificent: George measures more than 7ft from nose to tail and tucks away 110lbs of food every month

http://i.dailymail.c...4x424_popup.jpg
With size comes problems: The giant great dane barely fits in the back of his owner's SUV

The couple eventually had to move their aptly named dog out of their king sized bed, when he grew too large for the three of them to share the same sheets.

Dr. William Wallace of the Buena Pet Clinic in Tucson , who witnessed the documentation necessary for the Guinness record, said: 'In my 45 years of experience working with giant breed dogs, without question, George is the tallest dog I have ever seen.'

David is currently rushing to get that necessary documentation into Guinness as other dog owners are coming forth claiming the record.

As they wait for the results to come through, George is busy occupying himself with his new found stardom and even has a Facebook fan page and Twitter accounts for his adorning fans.

It appears as though the sky's the limit for this mammoth hound.

http://i.dailymail.c...4x540_popup.jpg

Paws for thought: George's giant feet dwarf his owner Dave Nassar's hand. Last August the worldís tallest dog, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane, passed away from cancer
Greg

#27 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

In the house, I have a wonderful cat named Simon.
00040011.JPG
Simon adopted me way back in 1997. He is about 14 years old now.
He's a great buddy and is very good company. He is so affectionate. I do feel guilty when I leave him for dive trips because when I come home he is very "clingy" like he missed me a lot. I have my niece come in to look after him if I'm away for more that 3 sleeps.

At the farm and stable, I have 5 horses and one on the way. They are my pride and joy and I cannot imagine my life without them. I have been riding since I was 3 years old and started breeding horses in 1995. My friends own a large horse ranch which is the "permanent fixed address" for my horses. I live and work in the city and pay them for board and care on my horses, so day to day care is not an issue. I do all the training, riding, and showing, so that keeps me very busy - riding two horses with travel to the stable is about 5 hours a day. There is no indoor arena at the farm, so in the winter I move the show horses to a nearby stable to ride in the indoor arena. I have 2 in this year. There have been many horses in my life over the years, but let me introduce you to my current 5, with pics of the ones that I have handy on my computer:

Mort's Meredith
She is the Matriarch of the family. She is retired now after having a very successful show career and then 14 foals. Her sire was a very famous thoroughbred named Good Old Mort. She has had 14 foals and is now a Grandma. This pic is of her back in her early show days.
Attached File  Meredith_Jump_crop.bmp   5.86MB   28 downloads

Indelible Innocence - aka Indy
Meredith's eldest son, now 14, who had an incredibly promising career in the hunter ring cut short by injury. He is leading the life of liesure now and I hope I can get him sound enough to do a little trail riding next summer. He is very cheeky and quite a personality.

Shadow Magic
Daughter of Meredith, coming 6 years old in May. Her grandsire is the very famous Olympic Champion named Ferro. She is my amazingly georgous mare who was awarded a first premium inspection score last summer. She is in training this winter and will be showing both dressage and hunter over fences in 2010.
Attached File  Shadow_2009_09sm.bmp   441.68KB   28 downloads

Eleusina - aka Elly
Daughter of Meredith, coming 4 years old in May. This one is the most amazing athlete I have ever had. She is barely started under saddle right now, but in training and will be showing in the baby classes in dressage and hunter this year.

Padme
Daughter of Meredith, coming 5 in May, and is due to give birth to her first foal in June. She has taken on the role of continuing for her Mom as broodmare. She is the heir-apparent to the crown of Matriarch. She is bred to an amazing Dutch stallion.
Attached File  Padme_2009_09sm.bmp   441.68KB   26 downloads

So, that is 1 cat and 5 horses in the tally for me. :birthday:
Carpe Diem!

#28 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

In the house, I have a wonderful cat named Simon.
00040011.JPG
Simon adopted me way back in 1997. He is about 14 years old now.
He's a great buddy and is very good company. He is so affectionate. I do feel guilty when I leave him for dive trips because when I come home he is very "clingy" like he missed me a lot. I have my niece come in to look after him if I'm away for more that 3 sleeps.

At the farm and stable, I have 5 horses and one on the way. They are my pride and joy and I cannot imagine my life without them. I have been riding since I was 3 years old and started breeding horses in 1995. My friends own a large horse ranch which is the "permanent fixed address" for my horses. I live and work in the city and pay them for board and care on my horses, so day to day care is not an issue. I do all the training, riding, and showing, so that keeps me very busy - riding two horses with travel to the stable is about 5 hours a day. There is no indoor arena at the farm, so in the winter I move the show horses to a nearby stable to ride in the indoor arena. I have 2 in this year. There have been many horses in my life over the years, but let me introduce you to my current 5, with pics of the ones that I have handy on my computer:

Mort's Meredith
She is the Matriarch of the family. She is retired now after having a very successful show career and then 14 foals. Her sire was a very famous thoroughbred named Good Old Mort. She has had 14 foals and is now a Grandma. This pic is of her back in her early show days.
Attached File  Meredith_Jump_crop.bmp   5.86MB   28 downloads

Indelible Innocence - aka Indy
Meredith's eldest son, now 14, who had an incredibly promising career in the hunter ring cut short by injury. He is leading the life of liesure now and I hope I can get him sound enough to do a little trail riding next summer. He is very cheeky and quite a personality.

Shadow Magic
Daughter of Meredith, coming 6 years old in May. Her grandsire is the very famous Olympic Champion named Ferro. She is my amazingly georgous mare who was awarded a first premium inspection score last summer. She is in training this winter and will be showing both dressage and hunter over fences in 2010.
Attached File  Shadow_2009_09sm.bmp   441.68KB   28 downloads

Eleusina - aka Elly
Daughter of Meredith, coming 4 years old in May. This one is the most amazing athlete I have ever had. She is barely started under saddle right now, but in training and will be showing in the baby classes in dressage and hunter this year.

Padme
Daughter of Meredith, coming 5 in May, and is due to give birth to her first foal in June. She has taken on the role of continuing for her Mom as broodmare. She is the heir-apparent to the crown of Matriarch. She is bred to an amazing Dutch stallion.
Attached File  Padme_2009_09sm.bmp   441.68KB   26 downloads

So, that is 1 cat and 5 horses in the tally for me. :birthday:

Tammie,you have quite a attractive family.I used to ride ions ago.I was stationed in the military base Holloman AFB.I'd ride a Palimino.Thanks for you add in on the pet parade.
Greg

#29 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

I was stationed in the military base Holloman AFB.I'd ride a Palimino.Thanks for you add in on the pet parade.

Well now, isn't this a small world? The triangle from El Paso TX, Alamogordo NM and Las Cruces NM is where I grew up - from ages 9 to 19 anyway! The AFB was just outside Alamogordo and I went to school with a lot of the kids from the base before moving "over the mountain and thru the missile range" to Las Cruces. :birthday:

But in ranch country, we didn't have pets. We had work animals, 4-H project animals, and food.....
anything else around was not desirable (snakes & scorpions & tarantulas... Oh My!)

I'm thinking we could saddle up that Great Dane in a previous post! He's HUGE.
Posted Image

#30 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

I was stationed in the military base Holloman AFB.I'd ride a Palimino.Thanks for you add in on the pet parade.

Well now, isn't this a small world? The triangle from El Paso TX, Alamogordo NM and Las Cruces NM is where I grew up - from ages 9 to 19 anyway! The AFB was just outside Alamogordo and I went to school with a lot of the kids from the base before moving "over the mountain and thru the missile range" to Las Cruces. :wacko:

But in ranch country, we didn't have pets. We had work animals, 4-H project animals, and food.....
anything else around was not desirable (snakes & scorpions & tarantulas... Oh My!)

I'm thinking we could saddle up that Great Dane in a previous post! He's HUGE.

Yes,Tammy,Our Forever Shrinking "OZ" World.I miss those beautiful Mtns. to the west,on the way to Las Cruces.Alamogordo was a hole in the ground back then.The other amazing site was, White Sands Ntl.Pk.Gave you an idea of what Arabia is like.I'd like to venture back there sometime and go north to that "Blue Hole" location..

Finally,yes the dog,gives true meaning to his breed "GREAT DANE".I can't imagine what it's like to live with a animal that size.He should be in "Pictures", or movies.
Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users