• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Posting reply

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:06 PM

Not sure how many of you have experienced this.It's happen at least twice to me.You going along writing your reply,may be it's a long one.Suddenly, "Site loses its connection" or did the meter run out?Anyway of going back to what was written?I typed one response three times,and it wasn't due to a "wrong" key being hit. H :wakawaka: ELP
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

• Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Not sure how many of you have experienced this.It's happen at least twice to me.You going along writing your reply,may be it's a long one.Suddenly, "Site loses its connection" or did the meter run out?Anyway of going back to what was written?I typed one response three times,and it wasn't due to a "wrong" key being hit. H :wakawaka: ELP

No it was not due to a wrong key being hit. Our hosting service is not as reliable as they were when we first moved there and they lose service sporadically. We are investigating new hosts for that and a variety of other reasons but until we can make a move to a new server these temporary outages will continue. We are working the issue but it is a big site and may take some time. I have gotten into the habit of copying what I write before I try to post it. That seems to help quite a bit.

#3 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

SCOTT A big :birthday: ,NOW I CAN SLEEP KNOWING IT'S NOT ME.
Greg

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

If you use firefox as your browser...you can hit the back button and it will be there! In fact when my computer completely shut down the other day (totally unrelated incident) I was able to resume my old browser settings which means it opened up all my windows and urls that I had open when the computer shut off AND IT SAVED THE UNSAVED WORK I HAD TYPED FOR A POST I WAS COMPOSING. :cool2:

I am sold on firefox! (And I think it was Simon aka Shadragon that told me about for the same reason that you have...the site hiccuping!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

If you use firefox as your browser...you can hit the back button and it will be there! In fact when my computer completely shut down the other day (totally unrelated incident) I was able to resume my old browser settings which means it opened up all my windows and urls that I had open when the computer shut off AND IT SAVED THE UNSAVED WORK I HAD TYPED FOR A POST I WAS COMPOSING. :cool2:

I am sold on firefox! (And I think it was Simon aka Shadragon that told me about for the same reason that you have...the site hiccuping!)

Thank you Kamala,Ok,Guess I need to look into firefox.By "backbutton",do you mean refresh??Excuse my computer savy at times.
Greg

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

Nope the arrow that points to the left usually in the upper left corner of your computer. Its next to the refresh button...DON'T HIT REFRESH...that will not do it for you! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

• Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Also do you have cookies turned on? That is a requirement for the sessions to work properly.

#8 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

I've been using Firefox almost exclusively since version 1.something - it is an awesome browser, especially when paired with some of the more popular plugins. It is especially good if you are doing any sort of web development. Rarely do I ever have to use another browser for any of my internet activities.

One thing to be aware of is that cookies will not save editing that was done in the browser prior to a Submit or Preview request. Session information is only updated when the browser communicates with the server, so anything you have typed on your reply will be lost if the connection is lost or the browser hiccups. What Kamala is describing (where the current state of the browser is saved during a crash) is a feature of the browser itself, and has nothing to do with whether cookies are turned off or on.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

• Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

I've been using Firefox almost exclusively since version 1.something - it is an awesome browser, especially when paired with some of the more popular plugins. It is especially good if you are doing any sort of web development. Rarely do I ever have to use another browser for any of my internet activities.

One thing to be aware of is that cookies will not save editing that was done in the browser prior to a Submit or Preview request. Session information is only updated when the browser communicates with the server, so anything you have typed on your reply will be lost if the connection is lost or the browser hiccups. What Kamala is describing (where the current state of the browser is saved during a crash) is a feature of the browser itself, and has nothing to do with whether cookies are turned off or on.

-JimG

You are correct on all accounts and none of this is news to me. I am simply trying to make sure Greg has everything in order to use the site properly.

#10 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

-JimG

You are correct on all accounts and none of this is news to me. I am simply trying to make sure Greg has everything in order to use the site properly.

Thank's again guy's,I'll check my status on Firefox.I noticed Peter mentioned XP.Yes that is what I'm using.Might be ancient ,but I still like it.when I get my wrinkels ironed out,I'll give a hollar.Looks like someone else has a similiar ??,different thread.
Greg

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

I am using xp and have no issues with Firefox.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users