• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

North Carolina

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Just a quick Trip report from this last weekend. I went out to Morehead City and did Two dives on Saturday and Two on Sunday with Olympus Dive center. the Seas were all but totally calm. the air temps were up to 70 for the highs. On Saturday we did two on the Spar. She lays in about 115ft and was sunk as part of the artificial reef program. The surface vis was 30 feet but at the bottom it was 10 feet or less on the first dive and got up to 10 or so on the second dive. the water temps were 60 deg.

On Sunday we went out to the Aeolus for the first dive and the conditions were about the same as the day before with the vis up to 10-15 feet. There was a large group of collage students on the boat both days. They were all diving air so on the second dive we moved inshore to the Indra to afford them longer bottom times on their last dive of the weekend.

The Indra is lying in 65 feet of water and has lots of penetration potential from basic swim throughs to long dark hallways and cavernous holds. Even if you don't go inside there is plenty to see on the outside. The vis was 20 to 25 feet but the water temp was a crisp 51 deg. All the Collage students were in wet suits so their bottom times were not what they could be. I was in my Whites dry suit and by the half hour mark I was getting a bit chilled as I was dressed for 60 deg water temp not 50. So my buddy and I did a nice ascent to 15 for a 3 minute safety stop and an uneventful re-boarding.

All in all not a bad trip for the first dives of the year.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,724 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:14 AM

Gotta love UNEVENTFUL deboardings and rebaordings! :thankyou:

Thanks for the report...great to see younger divers getting into diving! And what great conditions...except the 10 ft of vis part... oh well...that's why you ALSO dive in Summer....like our 4th of July trip that still has a few spots on it!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 ArtRunScuba

ArtRunScuba

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver. 18 liveaboards
  • Logged Dives:675

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Gotta love UNEVENTFUL deboardings and rebaordings! :thankyou:

Thanks for the report...great to see younger divers getting into diving! And what great conditions...except the 10 ft of vis part... oh well...that's why you ALSO dive in Summer....like our 4th of July trip that still has a few spots on it!

Jerry--great to see you had a great time, but glad we talked on phone in advance as that viz and those water temps would have definitely not been fun to me :teeth:

#4 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

Just Back from the coast and two dives on Easter Sunday. We dove on the U-352 for the first dive. The water temp has come up to 65 deg. (not bad for the first of April). The seas were again calm and the air temps up to the low 70s. It was a bit overcast first thing in the morning but by mid day severe clear broke out.

On the way to our second dive site, the Spar, Bobby stopped the Olympus so we could all stand on the rail and see a Mula Mula that was 10 feet off our port side. :D That was my first one! What a treat. The second dive was uneventful but the deeper we went the worse the visibility became. It's still a bit early in the year for the great vis to push in and clear out all the suspended gunk. Under the boat the vis was 40 feet but at 60 feet you descended into the soup. In the summer it is next to never this poor. We’ll see what another couple weeks will do to the vis and I will report back :twist: .

All in all a great day! ;)

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   

#5 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

I just got off the phone putting in my reservation to dive this weekend. It is going to be lobster hunt weekend so I have to dig out my tickle stick, snare and catch bag. It's bug huntin' time again :tears: :tears:

#6 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

I got the phone call this afternoon....The seas are not going to cooperate so we got blown out all weekend. I was so looking forward to fresh lobster for dinner Sunday night :banghead:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users