• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving in Cartagena Colombia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 asainak

asainak

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

I am looking for any information on diving in Cartagena, Colombia has anybody dove there? What shops are good? We rented an Apt. for the week so we don't need a place to stay. I heard Santa Marta was also good diving but that is 4-5 hours by bus from Cartagena but I am willing to travel.

#2 ArtRunScuba

ArtRunScuba

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver. 18 liveaboards
  • Logged Dives:675

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:23 AM

In Colombia, I have only visited the capital, Bogota, but you are certainly lucky to be visiting beautiful Cartagena, home of the great writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez and reportedly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A friend from there once told me that the island of Providenciales was a great place for diving. But then he also owned about a third of the island, so, hey, what does he know?

I have always wanted to dive Malpelo and Coiba which is off the coast of Panama, but more liveaboard type outposts and very advanced diving.

Hopefully you can give us all a report on what you find.

Since you are from the unique capital of Alaska, Juneau, you have likely weathered diving under less than Caribbean or Hawaii conditions. I know since I got my dry suit cert there diving right out from the Shrine of St. Teresa. Of course, those were also my last dry suit dives. :P

#3 asainak

asainak

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info I will try and post some info I will also be posting photos and video's on my facebook account you can look me up just sent me a message that you are from single divers and I will accept your friendship so you can view. We are still diving the Shrine of St. Teresa to check out the wolf eels that hang out there.

In Colombia, I have only visited the capital, Bogota, but you are certainly lucky to be visiting beautiful Cartagena, home of the great writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez and reportedly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A friend from there once told me that the island of Providenciales was a great place for diving. But then he also owned about a third of the island, so, hey, what does he know?

I have always wanted to dive Malpelo and Coiba which is off the coast of Panama, but more liveaboard type outposts and very advanced diving.

Hopefully you can give us all a report on what you find.

Since you are from the unique capital of Alaska, Juneau, you have likely weathered diving under less than Caribbean or Hawaii conditions. I know since I got my dry suit cert there diving right out from the Shrine of St. Teresa. Of course, those were also my last dry suit dives. :wakawaka:

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,701 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:05 AM

Hey please post a few pictures here too! (We'll show you how...its really not that hard!) :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

I went diving in Cartagena though it was over 30 years ago. Cartagena diving is only fair because there is a river that discharges into the ocean there. It impacts the visibility and what grows in the water.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users