• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: A Turks & Caicos Labor Day Weekend Sept 4-11, 2010 SIGN UP THREAD

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#46 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

ONLY 9 SPOTS LEFT ON THE BOAT!!

So far, we have 5 ladies and 4 cabana boys signed up. The two VIP rooms are booked as S/O, so that leaves us with 9 beds left. Don't forget, there is still the Early Booking Discount available if you sign up & pay in full by 4/16/10.

I would love to see this awesome trip fill with Premier Members who support this site! :teeth:
Posted Image

#47 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

Lynn, as far as I know the trip will ALWAYS be a GO!!!! WW will turn herself inside out to procure another vessel or resort if something drastic happens. In one case, the trip moved from the Bahamas to Grenada/Grenadines, but they still went!

Cool. I know Kamala and the (volunteer) trip coordinators work their rears off on these trips. In a case like that, we're responsible for changing our flight and any additional trip charges?

Edited by lynnlchan, 11 April 2010 - 10:48 AM.

Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#48 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

1.lynnlchan Lynn
Payments Summary To Date: $1945 sent via online payment (1795 room with discount + 150 nitrox = 1945)
7nite/5day AI Pkg MUST CHOOSE ROOM LEVEL: $1895 Lower Level State room
Fees ($180 Payable on Boat): n/a
Available Discounts List if Applied: $100 Early booking paid in full
Extra Days/Nights: TBD with flight
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: Yes - $150
D/O or S/O: Double D/O
Documents: SD Waiver - will be emailed shortly
Dive Insurance Current: DAN 1656076 exp 3/31/2011
Trip Insurance CHOOSE ONE:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already with DAN.
Flight Details: TBD
Add'l Days/Tours (List Out): TBD

Edited by lynnlchan, 11 April 2010 - 10:41 AM.

Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#49 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hi Tammy
You mean passed out on the sun deck - you guys have too much energy.
BTW - I think I sent in too much money. Missed some of
the discounts.
Look forward to diving with you too.
We need a few more cabana boys or Raymond will be busy.

globefish

#50 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

You mean passed out on the sun deck - you guys have too much energy.

:lmao: You should see me when I'm NOT on vacation!! :lmao:

BTW - I think I sent in too much money. Missed some of the discounts.

Kamala will refund any overpayment when she gets back from the Mayaguana trip, no worries!

We need a few more cabana boys or Raymond will be busy.

I know Clint, Jim & Fred will pitch in! But, we just had another lady sign up, so I'm challenging our gentlemen to step up and help even out the numbers! :-D
Posted Image

#51 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

Lynn, as far as I know the trip will ALWAYS be a GO!!!! WW will turn herself inside out to procure another vessel or resort if something drastic happens. In one case, the trip moved from the Bahamas to Grenada/Grenadines, but they still went!

Cool. I know Kamala and the (volunteer) trip coordinators work their rears off on these trips. In a case like that, we're responsible for changing our flight and any additional trip charges?

Yes, and those fees can be recovered from your Trip Insurance if you have a policy that covers that type of thing.....every policy is different so I can't make any assumptions!

Another good reason to insure your trip with a strong policy. :-D
Posted Image

#52 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

I am thinking about going in a day or two early. Anyone else going in early?

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#53 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Jim

I've been looking at flights, and my best rates right now (ack!! over $730!!) is if I come in on Friday 9/3 and leave on Sunday 9/12, and that's routing through the Bahamas on the way home. Dantheengineer, we could have lunch and a couple of chilly ones during my layover! :-D

But, I'll probably wait until I get back from the Red Sea trip in June before I book my flights, so I'm just a 'maybe' for extra days right now.
Posted Image

#54 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Jim

I've been looking at flights, and my best rates right now (ack!! over $730!!) is if I come in on Friday 9/3 and leave on Sunday 9/12, and that's routing through the Bahamas on the way home. Dantheengineer, we could have lunch and a couple of chilly ones during my layover! :-D

But, I'll probably wait until I get back from the Red Sea trip in June before I book my flights, so I'm just a 'maybe' for extra days right now.

Looks like I will be lucky to get a ticket for under $1000. I may go to Orlando for a day and see the new Harry Potter Theme park, then go down to T&C for Friday and hang out till we get on the boat. It is actually cheaper for me to fly from home to Orlando, then from Orlando to PLS then it is to go from home to PLS on the same day.

J
Sea Turtle advocate!

#55 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Looks like I will be lucky to get a ticket for under $1000. I may go to Orlando for a day and see the new Harry Potter Theme park, then go down to T&C for Friday and hang out till we get on the boat. It is actually cheaper for me to fly from home to Orlando, then from Orlando to PLS then it is to go from home to PLS on the same day.

J

It does seem Oregon has expensive flights... I've gone to visit friends and it's quite the trick to get a good deal whether it's as big an airport as Portland or one of the smaller ones like Eugene or Medford. But hey, it sounds like a great excuse to play in the Orlando area on your way!

#56 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

I've thrown this info out a bunch of times so please ignore if you've seen it.

Someone on SD recommended farecompare.com. I've used it for a few months now. If you load the trips and dates you're interested in, it'll notify you when fares drop (or increase). I had notices set up on several sites and farecompare seemed to let me know when others didn't. :lmao: The hard part is being patient. :-D

Edited by lynnlchan, 11 April 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#57 scubabug

scubabug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:135

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Jim

I plan to fly in Friday night, giving my luggage a chance to catch up with me if we're not on the same flight!
Does anyone know if there are plans for a group rate at a specific hotel, or plans to share a taxi from a hotel to the boat on Saturday?
Janet

#58 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

I plan to fly in Friday night, giving my luggage a chance to catch up with me if we're not on the same flight!
Does anyone know if there are plans for a group rate at a specific hotel, or plans to share a taxi from a hotel to the boat on Saturday?
Janet

This question will have to wait until the Wench gets back from the Mayaguana trip. I don't know if she has arranged any special pricing for extra days, but knowing her she's got something in the works for us! Stay tuned until she gets back & catches up.....
Posted Image

#59 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

I want to warn all of you folks that are planning on doing the Turks and Caicos Explorer. I did that trip a year and a half ago, and had a wonderful time, with fabulous diving. If you are at all like me, you may find that the week will go by too fast, and you will not want the trip to end after a week. Just a friendly warning from someone who wishes he was going. Ed

#60 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

ONLY 9 SPOTS LEFT ON THE BOAT!!

So far, we have 5 ladies and 4 cabana boys signed up. The two VIP rooms are booked as S/O, so that leaves us with 9 beds left. Don't forget, there is still the Early Booking Discount available if you sign up & pay in full by 4/16/10.

I would love to see this awesome trip fill with Premier Members who support this site! :tears:

Tammy, thanks for the PM. I would LOVE to make this trip. But I have committed to an Indonesia trip in October and want to dive the Maldives with SD in November. Since I am still a working woman, three trips in three months would really be pushing it. So I have to drop this one. I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time though.

Rosa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users