• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: A Turks & Caicos Labor Day Weekend Sept 4-11, 2010 SIGN UP THREAD

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#76 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Can someone please send me the password to the docs? Thx.

Password sent. :banghead:

#77 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Thanks Clint for the p-word.

LLDN - you should have all of my forms now (sent in two emails). I'm missing flight info and will have that with the next fare sale. :banghead:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#78 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

I sent the money last night via eCheck and have the routing number if needed. I'm ready to fill out all forms needed, guess I need a password to access the forms. Just checked my bank account and the money is still there and not transfered your way, I'm not sure if I've done everything correctly or not, time is running short.

I seem to have problems when using my Mac to view your web site, is there something I need to do that would make it work properly, don't care to use this PC unless forced.

Happy to be joining the rest of the group.

wayne

I am a MAC user and found it best to use firefox when viewing the sd website. Safari crashed a lot when I used it to jump pages etc. What browser are you using?

#79 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water level 2, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:106

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

I am a MAC user and found it best to use firefox when viewing the sd website. Safari crashed a lot when I used it to jump pages etc. What browser are you using?

Hi Divegirl412, I'm using Firefox and seem to be able to move around just fine, it starts acting up when I try to enter data, type a message, or reply to a message for some reason. I was starting to think I was trying to use DOS in an iPad world, things seems to be out of sync. Trying to figure out if it could be some setting on my end, just not sure where to start looking. It seems to work OK if I switch to "HTML" when typing, giving this a shot to see what it looks like when I close this window by adding my reply. Wish me luck. Wayne
If you're not living on the edge...your takin' up too much space.

There is nothing a good day of diving won't cure!

• Guests

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

Hi Divegirl412, I'm using Firefox and seem to be able to move around just fine, it starts acting up when I try to enter data, type a message, or reply to a message for some reason. I was starting to think I was trying to use DOS in an iPad world, things seems to be out of sync. Trying to figure out if it could be some setting on my end, just not sure where to start looking. It seems to work OK if I switch to "HTML" when typing, giving this a shot to see what it looks like when I close this window by adding my reply. Wish me luck. Wayne

I am a Mac user and have had absolutely no problems with either FireFox or Safari AFTER I CLEARED MY BROWSER CACHE. I tested the payment gateway on both Safari and Firefox when I set it up and I use the site on Safari exclusively. In any case, when you are having a problem with the site (on either a Mac or PC) you should clear your browser cache first and see if that solves the problem. In most cases it does. Alot of people have given up and downloaded a new browser which they think solved their problems. In reality they just started off with an empty cache that was not filled with files downloaded off of the old server we used a few months ago. Those old files laying around on peoples machines seem to be causing them alot of problems.

#81 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

I am a Mac user and have had absolutely no problems with either FireFox or Safari AFTER I CLEARED MY BROWSER CACHE. I tested the payment gateway on both Safari and Firefox when I set it up and I use the site on Safari exclusively. In any case, when you are having a problem with the site (on either a Mac or PC) you should clear your browser cache first and see if that solves the problem. In most cases it does. Alot of people have given up and downloaded a new browser which they think solved their problems. In reality they just started off with an empty cache that was not filled with files downloaded off of the old server we used a few months ago. Those old files laying around on peoples machines seem to be causing them alot of problems.

Hi Cmdr. Clownfish, I think this topic should be moved to a different thread location if possible, I checked my cache settings and had it set to clear every time on shutdown or restart. I'm thinking that's not the issue but will keep that in mind as I don't always close the program on a regular basis, thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at the "BB Code Help" area and that seems to be the source of my confusion and lack of knowledge and the reason for my reference to the old DOS world. I'm just interested in typing my question or answering in a reply without all the bells and whistles of the emotions, avatars, signatures, etc. For me, there are too many topics and too many messages to ever be able to read them all and be completely up to speed. If all else fails I'll stick with the PC as it doesn't seem to be an issue with it, just need to find a bigger screen so I can read everything easier. Getting back to filling out the forms. Catch you later, Wayne

#82 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Lynn aka lynnlchan, we have received your Survey, Waiver and EV docs! ;)
Posted Image

#83 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

I've been looking at flights and have been thinking about arriving 9-3-10 so any lost baggage will have a chance to catch up to me, just wondering if anyone else is making the same plans and if so where will you be staying? If anyone has a recommendation for a nice place to stay would also be helpful. Flying out of Phoenix looks like arrival time would be late evening for me leaving enough time to relax a little.

Wayne (back to using the pc)

#84 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

I've been looking at flights and have been thinking about arriving 9-3-10 so any lost baggage will have a chance to catch up to me, just wondering if anyone else is making the same plans and if so where will you be staying? If anyone has a recommendation for a nice place to stay would also be helpful. Flying out of Phoenix looks like arrival time would be late evening for me leaving enough time to relax a little.

I may be going in on the 3rd as well. I am hoping that Kamala has some sort of a deal with a hotel down there as it looks like most of the places are pretty expensive. The travel time from Oregon is pretty long, so I like to have a night to catch up before getting on the boat.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#85 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

I may be going in on the 3rd as well. I am hoping that Kamala has some sort of a deal with a hotel down there as it looks like most of the places are pretty expensive. The travel time from Oregon is pretty long, so I like to have a night to catch up before getting on the boat.

Jim

I agree, a chance to unwind before getting on the boat. Do you already have your flight plans arranged? I'm hoping for a sale to come up in the next month or so, still have time to get some kind of deal...

Wayne

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,699 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hey gang...this trip is open for general booking by all membership levels. Sorry for the delay of 1 day in opening this up as I was traveling back from Mayaguana and did not have access as expected.

We still have 4 Main Staterooms available and 3 Lower Staterooms or a total of 7 spots!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,699 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Jim

I agree, a chance to unwind before getting on the boat. Do you already have your flight plans arranged? I'm hoping for a sale to come up in the next month or so, still have time to get some kind of deal...

Wayne

I will look into a deal for you all for local arrangements and diving. Give me time to play catch up after being gone for a week! kamala

And welcome to EVERYONE who has joined this trip!!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#88 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Jim

Wayne

No, I don't have my flights yet. Still looking. I figure they can not get much more expensive, so maybe a sale. However, that is Labor day weekend so there might not be much of chance of a sale.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,699 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP INSURANCE UPDATE:

Hey gang...although trip insurance is optional for this trip...PLEASE DO NOT TAKE A RISK and GAMBLE. We just had someone break a leg on the Red Sea trip in May and now can't go. Please get trip insurance either using one of our links or your own...but understand that any cancellations will have be filed on your trip insurance. SD can help but will not be able to refund much if any of your money as your choice to gamble is just that...your choice.

Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#90 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP INSURANCE UPDATE:

Hey gang...although trip insurance is optional for this trip...PLEASE DO NOT TAKE A RISK and GAMBLE. We just had someone break a leg on the Red Sea trip in May and now can't go. Please get trip insurance either using one of our links or your own...but understand that any cancellations will have be filed on your trip insurance. SD can help but will not be able to refund much if any of your money as your choice to gamble is just that...your choice.

Thank you! kamala

Several years ago I had to take advantage of my trip insurance. I was working for a company that got bought out and I was one of the casualties of corporate greed and lost my job. I had a trip paid for on the Nekton to go to Cay Sal Banks. The insurance completely covered the cost of the trip. If that is the only claim I ever make on trip insurance the money that I saved on that claim would pay for the premiums for 15 years. Bascially a no brainer. Spend the bucks and buy the insurance. :)
Sea Turtle advocate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users