• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

This Week, the Mermaid Lady Salutes:

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

Geoffrey Holder

Posted Image

Image courtesy of Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

This week, we pay homage to the great West Indian actor and choreographer, Geoffrey Holder. Holder was born in Port of Spain, Trinidad in 1930. He is instantly recognizable to Baby Boomers and Gen-X'ers by his tall stature, shaven head, deep resonant voice and hearty laugh. He is best known as the "Uncola man" of 7-UP advertisements in the 1970's and 1980's; as well as James Bond nemesis Baron Semedi from Live and Let Die, easily the most fearsome villain of the Roger Moore era.

His career spans nearly 50 years as an actor, choreographer, and voice artist. In addition he is a well respected director, dancer, singer, painter and costume designer.

Today, Mr. Holder Lives in New York City with his wife of over 55 years, Carmen De Lavallade. The Holder's have one son, Leo Anthony Lamont. Geoffrey is also the brother of the London contemporary painter, Boscoe Holder (1921-2007).

Love ya Geoffrey!!!

"Try making THAT out of Cola Nut. Ha-ha-ha-HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

External Links
Wikipedia
IMDB

Video

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 15 August 2010 - 07:46 PM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Cool topic, Tee! :birthday: And yes, Geoffrey has always been and continues to be immediately recognizable to most folks. (Although I frankly found him less than intimidating in his Bond movie appearance; his laugh more infectious than malevolent.) :P

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users