• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-12: NYE In Belize! - Under $1000! Dec 26-Jan 2,2011 (or customize your own pkg)

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

Jim thank you for helping Janet to get booked on this trip! I am not sure why she can't post directly since she is a premier member...but maybe it has to do with the fact her membership expired the day she was trying to register and it has a lag of a day or so before it totally drops her 'old membership' and lets her pay. If she can't get paid by Friday let me know and I will manually override it for her. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Questions:
1) I do not have my advanced certification and will be using rent-a-buddy. I am guessing the north shore dive is too advanced for me but can't tell exactly? So, if you and most are diving these extra dives what do I do? Do I plan to dive on Saturday with Spacediver? Can I add dives on Saturday during the trip? I don't know whether I will want to or not with no experience?

Hey Cindy since you are doing the Rent-A-Buddy you will have a personal DM by your side for all your dives. The RAB can personally assist up to 2 divers and there is another gal that will also be doing the RAB with you. Since the two of you are the first ones to sign up for it, I will be your RAB. :teeth: Now to more directly answer your questions.

Most of the diving in Belize is drift diving which means we dive, have a good time and the boat will pick us up where we end up.

Secondly the Northern Dive Sites are MOSTLY just farther up the barrier reef or they are a bit deeper. HOWEVER they can be enjoyed at almost any depth and I'll be with you and Janet at whatever depth we decide we want to hang at out. Tom can join us for all or part of the dive or break away for some of the dive and explore more on his own. But you and Janet will certainly be able to do ALL the dives on this trip.

If you arrive early then certainly you will dive with Tom for any extra days of diving we set up for you. But during the trip you will be able to do EVERY DIVE if you want AND I will be with you and Janet for every one of them! :teeth:

2) Is rental gear good quality or should I borrow and bring gear from a friend of mine?

The rental gear is usually good but having gear you have used before is always better. Just make sure that any gear you borrow FITS YOU. Tom should be able to help ensure that it fits ok. And do practice in the pool with the gear so you know how it works on the outside chance its slightly different from what you learned in. And finally you do not need to borrow a computer unless you want to have 2 to use. You can use one on our trips if let DAN use your dive info from the computer. :cool1:

3) Does it make sense for Spacediver to rent Nitrox if I am diving air and we dive together as I will be the limiting factor probably?

In normal circumstances you might opt to both dive air but since Tom can dive with you/us for as much of the dive that he would like and then buddy up with another diver when its time for you and I to go up...its totally up to him as to whether he wants to dive nitrox. However it won't be wasted if he did opt for it. Tom has dove with us before so he knows how it works and he can go either way. And besides girls ultimately are better on air consumption so not too far down the road you'll BOTH need to use it in order to maximize bottom time!

4) We would like land tours on Sunday and Monday for the boat jungle tours.

Great! Lets see how many others stay longer due to flight restrictions as we'll probably have a small group and I'll help to put some tours together for you all. :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

*. NAME: Resqdew, (Susan)
Payment in route: $1,171.00
($895.00, $150.00, $126.00)
Belize 2010 Trip Dec 2010: 7nite/5day Pkg: $895.00
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: $150.00 included in payment
Dive Insurance Current: DAN Preferred , exp 3/31/2011
I have purchased Travel Insurance that covers this trip.
Flight Details: Arrive in BZE on 22 Dec 2010 & will be caving/touring in the Cayo District. I will return to BZE airport about noon on 26 Dec (or 25 Dec) to join the SD program. Departing BZE on Monday, Jan 3rd, about noon.
Need Flight from BZE to Ambergris Cay ($126): Yes, $126.00 included in payment
Add'l Diving (List Out): Yes! Blue Hole, night diving, what else is available?
Other: Paid for trip in time for $ special and FREE SCUBA CD from Pup!
Other documents in route today.

Edited by Resqdew, 01 September 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#19 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

Doc Crawdad
Payments Summary To Date: $995-$100 early bird discount+$150 Nitrox+126 Flight= $1171-paid via echeck
7nite/5day Pkg: $995 -$100 early payment (pd by Sept 7 for $100 disc and by Sept 30 for free cd)
Extra Days/Nights: none
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: $150 paid
D/O or S/O: D/O
Documents: SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Summary List when Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Trip Insurance (CHOOSE ONE):
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.

Flight Details: Working on it
Need Flight from BZE to Ambergris Cay ($126): YES $126 paid
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): Blue Hole etc.
Other: Paid for trip in time for $100 special and FREE SCUBA CD from Pup!

Edited by Doc Crawdad, 02 September 2010 - 05:17 AM.

I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

AWESOME!!!

Some of my favorite members from the past and present are joining this trip! What a great way to start the new year!!! :cool1:

And a little birdie told me that Letsdive07 has gotten her husband registered aka noshoesnoshirt and her daughter registered ScubaKitty. :teeth:

Baby steps... its all about baby steps but so far so GREAT!!! :teeth:

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:57 AM

And special thanks to Heidi aka uwfan for joining our trip coordinator's team! :cool1: She is doing a great job!

formerly...

#22 TRINITY

TRINITY

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1040

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

TRINITY
Payments to date, $895. Nitrox $150 . Connecting flight to Ambergis. $126 = $1171. payed via echeck
2-3 extra days on both ends contingent on flight, will nail that down soon
Dive insurance - DAN preffered #1452933
D/O
I have trip insurance
Will shoot in SD docs as soon as I can get them
Blue hole, sure its always cool to see

Edited by TRINITY, 02 September 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

Good Job Terry aka Trinity!

Let us know your travel when you dial it in. The resort has set aside several rooms for us both before and after so we should be good but the sooner I know the sooner I can lock them in!

And as usual...we can not guarantee a single room for days before or after but usually it is never a problem especially if you sign up early. Basically others are in the same proverbial boat and often need extra days as well!

formerly...

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

A note about several matters related to this trip:

1. The final number of people who will be able to join us will be contingent upon the final rooming configurations. We estimate we can do 20-24 people depending on the number of single rooms, the number of triples etc. Right now its not a problem but as the trip gets closer to filling up we'll be tracking the numbers far more closely so you know if there is truly space on it or not. Please note that I have final say as to how many people will be joining us. This allows for continuity in overall planning and takes our volunteers out of the 'hot seat' so to speak. If I am traveling without internet final participant answers may be delayed until I resume internet access. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. :birthday:

2. Several questions have arisen about the 'triple occupancy' that we are offering on this trip. First we rarely offer triples for a number of reasons too lengthy to list BUT since we do not do it very often...we forgot to lay some basic groundwork out for the trip which I will do now.

a. We are OFFERING a 'triple aka 3/o option' but we can not guarantee it unless we get 3 people of the same gender also interested in it for the same days etc. If we do not your reservation reverts to d/o. Please be aware of this before booking.
b. Sometimes if ALL parties are comfortable we may be able to mix genders such as a couple and a gal for instance in one of the suites. The single gal gets her own room BUT she shares with a couple the rest of the suite including the bathroom. This will never be forced upon anyone but can happen if all the stars and moons align properly.
c. The rooms most suited for a triple are the suites but can also be the main rooms. Many are large enough to support 3 people and the decision as to who goes into what room/suite is the descretion of the trip leader since we are trying to maximize the participants on this trip due to the great pricing we are offering you AND due to the complex nature of accommodating more challenging rooming needs when offering this many options.

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to ringing in the new year with ALL OF YOU!!! :birthday:

formerly...

#25 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Payment Update:

1. Terrence aka Trinity ww received your payment for $1171 for full trip price d/o, Nitrox, & Flight! :birthday:
($995 - $100 Discount + $150 Nitrox + $126 Flight)
2. John aka Doc Crawdad ww received your payment for $1171 for full trip price d/o, Nitrox & Flight. :dazzler:
3. Cynthia aka Sundancediver ww received your payment for $895 for full trip d/o. :birthday:
($995 - $100 Discount)
4. Janet aka DiveNFlip ww received your payment for $1206 for full trip price, d/o, Nitrox, Flight + Membership Dues! :birthday:
($995 - $100 Discount + $150 Nitrox + $126 Flight + $35 Dues)!
5. Kristi aka Zelda ww received your payment for $896 for full trip price, 3/o, + Flight! :birthday:
($995 - $100 discount -$125 triple Suite + $126 flight)
6. Thomas aka SpaceDiver ww received your payment for $895 for full trip price d/o ocean view! :dazzler:
($995 - $100 discount)
7. James aka UP Diver ww received your payment for $1171 for full trip price, d/o, Nitrox + Flight! :dazzler:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 02 September 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#26 Letsdive07

Letsdive07

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver Level 4
  • Logged Dives:299+

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

OK Here goes:)

Payments Summary To Date: $I will do 9/3/10
7nite/5day Pkg: $995-100 prior to 9/7= 895x3=$2685 -$125/triple
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites One extra night standard room. $355 for triple/ with2 dives each on 26th.
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: $ List when paid NA
D/O or S/O: Choose & Enter here TRIPLE
Documents: SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Summary List when Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current: NAME OF PROVIDER & POLICY # DAN #1938249 x3
Trip Insurance (CHOOSE ONE): B
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Flight Details: Arr BZE Still Shopping around
Need Flight from BZE to Ambergris Cay ($126): YES or NO $126 List when Paid YESx3
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): Blue Hole etc. None
Other: Paid for trip in time for $100 special and FREE SCUBA CD from Pup!
Diane K

#27 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Nice job Letsdive07, you're getting the hang of this. :birthday: Welcome to the trip!

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Diana you are getting the hang of it! :o

Now the next couple of steps are as follows:

1. Have all 3 divers register on SD.com - DONE
2. Upgrade to premier membership each diver that wants to get the $100 early booking special and each diver that wants first dibs for signing up for the trip - ONE Diver is upgraded (the remaining two are hopefully in progress. Directions emailed to you)
3. Once all 3 divers are upgraded post a similar template posting for each diver participating.
4. Once this is completed one of you will need to monitor THIS thread and the ones that will be created in our private forums as we get closer to the trip that covers more intimate details of the trip. All are welcome to monitor but at least one will need to monitor.

Note: Diana you can do the template posting for your family members IF you specify on each one who the booking is for ONCE all have upgraded in order to get the $100 per person discount and $25 per person rebate after the trip. (Note the form for filing for that rebate is in our forms forum in my signature)

formerly...

#29 nobodyelsehasthis

nobodyelsehasthis

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

count me in

nobodyelsehasthis
Payments Summary To Date: 895 + 150 nitrox + $126 = $1171
7nite/5day Pkg: paid
Extra Days/Nights: none
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: paid
D/O or S/O: S/O
Documents: SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Form List when Rec'd
Trip Insurance: Choose a, b or c.

Flight Details: Arr BZE pending
Need Flight from BZE to Ambergris Cay ($126): YES $126 Paid
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): interested in turneffe

#30 Scubakitty

Scubakitty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:15

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Payments Summary To Date: $ Padi in full in time for discount $100
7nite/5day Pkg: $ PAID
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites ONE XTRA night with 2 dives on the 26th.
Nitrox $150 for Trip Dives: NA
D/O or S/O: TRIPLE
Documents: SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Form List when Rec'd
Trip Insurance: Choose A and B
a. I have insurance to cover this trip already
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Flight Details: Arr BZE Don not have booked yet.
Need Flight from BZE to Ambergris Cay ($126): YES PAID $126
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): Can I sign up later if I decide on BLUE HOLE?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users