• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Turks & Caicos Official Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

I was one of the more quiet ones.. go figure. We came within one dive of me wearing a pink BC down into the abyss but Kate decided to convert it instead. Wayne saw me it in. I looked hot!!! Well Flaming actually :lmao:

Good times, Good times...

:lmao:

Thank you for the best laugh I've had since the trip! (The group kept me in stitches the whole week but this just about made me pee my pants!) :lmao: :thankyou:

p.s. I saw him in the HOT PINK WING...and he was HOT!!! :o

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

:thankyou:

Nothing better than reading a Singledivers trip trip report! Thanks for the report! Sounds like everyone had a great time!

The only way it would have been better was to HAVE BOTH MY FAVORITE MINNESOTAN'S THERE! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

BRAD you are the BEST!!! And thank you for posting in BOTH Threads! You are super duper efficient!!! :lmao:

Gallery pool is open, guys! Here's a link. Since my own camera case failed the first day (at least I salvaged the Sony) :thankyou: I hope the rest of you bubbling shutterbugs will upload some offerings soon. Oh, and please remember the Gallery limits file size to around 250KB (what some of the high end machines consider thumbnails these days). Sorry about the mild inconvenience! :lmao:

NOTE: Also posted in T&C event topic.

formerly...

#19 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Is there a good place to post links to photos on other sites? I put mine up on Picasaweb. Sharing a link is WAY less painful than single uploads with size limits.

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

I had great fun practicing with my camera this week. My shots improved a lot over the course of the 5 days of diving! Great diving with everyone, hope to see you again on a future trip!

Tina aka Libra89

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Tina links are fine and I think we now have an official place on several photosites for peeps to post pics so let me check into that for you! Although it is a bit challenging to upload a picture...ok not challenging but certainly it takes a tad of effort...if our awesome members did not post any pics on our site no new members would ever take trips with us. :lmao:

So we ask that you post a few for us HERE so we can show case them and use them for trip reports etc. (And this trip report will be published in several places including at least one magazine so I'm looking for some of our trip member's photos to use with the article. Of course the photog will get photo credit!) :thankyou:

Thanks for posting your pics...I know they are GREAT cuz I got to see them as you were taking them! :lmao:

formerly...

#21 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

This was both my first SD.com trip and my first liveaboard. Tammy's report is spot-on and I had a fantastic time. I would not hesitate to dive from this boat again, and I'm sure you'll see me on another SD trip in the future. Everyone from the crew to the SD.com members were friendly and accomodating. All in all, a great week. I guess I'd have to count myself in the middle of the road in terms of quiet versus lively? Either way, the group was great and I certainly had fun hanging out between dives.

And the food was amazing....always on schedule, always plentiful, always warm, and definitely tasty. Even with nearly 5 hours of diving a day, I came back 3 pounds heavier!! Now to get back on that workout schedule.....

I have dive pics posted on Picasa, feel free to browse if you like (sorry if this is a repeat link post, I think WW might have moved my original post that was in another spot). :thankyou: I'll try to post some in the gallery soon (if not tonight).

Tina

#22 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

I was one of the more quiet ones.. go figure. We came within one dive of me wearing a pink BC down into the abyss but Kate decided to convert it instead. Wayne saw me it in. I looked hot!!! Well Flaming actually :lmao:

Good times, Good times...

Thank you for the best laugh I've had since the trip! (The group kept me in stitches the whole week but this just about made me pee my pants!) :-D :thankyou:

p.s. I saw him in the HOT PINK WING...and he was HOT!!! ;)

That hot pink wing was so hot that it actually glowed in a couple of my pictures!!!!

#23 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water level 2, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:106

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

I agree, great report Tammy!!!

Scott, in my last post I mentioned that some of the memories would stay with me for a long time, but you in the pink BC was one of the memories I was trying to forget and I refuse to be the sole judge about degrees of "Flaming" and I'm thanking my lucky stars there were NO cameras present that I could have been accidentally included in any pictures. :thankyou:

On the ride back to the boat after dinner in town, there was some talk about changing the competition on t-shirt night to something like TV theme song night, oldies hits or maybe karaoke, sadly since Tammy wasn't in our group she couldn't include that bit of fun in her report, or the short side trip to the orphanage to drop off the school supplies donated by the divers on the trip.

The look on Larry's face when we got back to the boat and the spear that nobody was supposed to touch but him was "Blown up" was also priceless.

Brad, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've try looking at the pictures you've placed in the gallery and "I See Nothing" like Schultz from Hogans Heroes always said.

Great group of divers, great boat, great diving... Totally willing to do it again.

Below is a link to the photos I have uploaded to the MobileMe site I use, feel free to check them out, go to the Gallery to see all of the Turks photos

http://gallery.me.com/linemanww/100328

Wayne
If you're not living on the edge...your takin' up too much space.

There is nothing a good day of diving won't cure!

#24 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Libra89 & Linemanww,
SWEET PHOTOS !!!!

Edited by scubaski, 13 September 2010 - 07:27 PM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#25 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thanks Scubaski!!

#26 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

I agree, great report Tammy!!!

Scott, in my last post I mentioned that some of the memories would stay with me for a long time, but you in the pink BC was one of the memories I was trying to forget and I refuse to be the sole judge about degrees of "Flaming" and I'm thanking my lucky stars there were NO cameras present that I could have been accidentally included in any pictures. :lmao:

On the ride back to the boat after dinner in town, there was some talk about changing the competition on t-shirt night to something like TV theme song night, oldies hits or maybe karaoke, sadly since Tammy wasn't in our group she couldn't include that bit of fun in her report, or the short side trip to the orphanage to drop off the school supplies donated by the divers on the trip.

The look on Larry's face when we got back to the boat and the spear that nobody was supposed to touch but him was "Blown up" was also priceless.

Brad, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've try looking at the pictures you've placed in the gallery and "I See Nothing" like Schultz from Hogans Heroes always said.

Great group of divers, great boat, great diving... Totally willing to do it again.

Below is a link to the photos I have uploaded to the MobileMe site I use, feel free to check them out, go to the Gallery to see all of the Turks photos

http://gallery.me.com/linemanww/100328

Wayne

The look on Larry's face was priceless. And I was somewhat vindicated.. :thankyou:
Sea Turtle advocate!

#27 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

This was both my first SD.com trip and my first liveaboard. Tammy's report is spot-on and I had a fantastic time. I would not hesitate to dive from this boat again, and I'm sure you'll see me on another SD trip in the future. Everyone from the crew to the SD.com members were friendly and accomodating. All in all, a great week. I guess I'd have to count myself in the middle of the road in terms of quiet versus lively? Either way, the group was great and I certainly had fun hanging out between dives.

And the food was amazing....always on schedule, always plentiful, always warm, and definitely tasty. Even with nearly 5 hours of diving a day, I came back 3 pounds heavier!! Now to get back on that workout schedule.....

I have dive pics posted on Picasa, feel free to browse if you like (sorry if this is a repeat link post, I think WW might have moved my original post that was in another spot). :thankyou: I'll try to post some in the gallery soon (if not tonight).

Tina

Awesome pics Tina. You definitely have talent.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#28 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thanks Jim! I got the photo party started in the gallery. Wasn't as tedious as I pictured it to be, so I picked the best of my group and up they went. Hopefully others will join me :thankyou:

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Jim! I got the photo party started in the gallery. Wasn't as tedious as I pictured it to be, so I picked the best of my group and up they went. Hopefully others will join me ;)

:thankyou: :lmao: :lmao: :-D

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

Awesome pics Tina. You definitely have talent.

Jim

TOTALLY AGREE!!! But then I was her dive buddy so I KNOW she has talent...not just with her pictures either! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users