• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Content Button

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

So I have two computers (office and home) and it appears that the software will not let me stay logged in at both IP addresses. I seldom log out but when I log in at a new location and then hit the "Show New Content" link it only shows the new content within the last 2 minutes. I suspect that the software needs me to logout so it has a new starting point to show new content. The old board was much more efficient in showing new content. If you just shut down and broke the link then that seemed to be the starting point.

So. Is there a better option I can select? Can the Board software be modified to allow login for more than one spot? (I am sure I am not the only one that takes a little mental break at the office occasionally)

Just askin.
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

Rest assured that when I find out how to do this I will do it. I need to have multiple sessions open right next to each other quite often and haven't been able to make that work yet either. Sometimes if you use different browsers for different sessions it seems to work but i haven't experimented with isolating the real problem.

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

This is starting to bug me also. I wonder how many of the singledivers.com users around the world are also seeing "no new content" regularly. As I switch between personal and work computers (both usually at same I.P. address) I keep getting the 'no new content' answer. The 'old' forum was ok in that when I went to another computer (even on the same I.P. address) it showed me as not logged in, and made me log with 'this computer' , and logging me out from the other computer. I would be shown all new content since the last time the logged in computer viewed the forums. So I suspect that the 'new' forum is using cookies... and when I visit with a different computer, the site is smart enough to log me out (by cookies? [couldn't be by MAC address, could it?] Maybe it is unintentionally setting a new cookie with the 'new' visit time instead of 'last visit time' ?

Is it using the 'remember me' cookie or a separate cookie ?

Edited by Racer184, 13 December 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#4 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Also, there is an "Active Content" and a "New Content".
When I click on "View New Content", some time I get the Active content and sometimes I get New content page.

The good thing about the 'Active Content" page is at the bottom, there is a drop down box where you can specify the time frame: 24 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc.

I remember before we moved to this new host, we used to see this drop down in our "New Content" page. This is very useful as sometimes you want to revisit a page which you saw yesterday but would not be able to find it without the help of this feature.

This should be the default behavior for the "view new content" page.

#5 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

I have given up on the new content button. Worthless unless used it before sign in. At least it then shows the last 24 hours worth of content. I suspect it works as advertised if you are on a single machine otherwise you will miss a ton of stuff.

F

Edited by ev780, 13 December 2010 - 09:21 PM.

"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#6 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

I cannot find an "active content" button nor link.

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

I am logged in continuously. When I come back to the computer I ENSURE I am still in the forums and then hit View New Content. (If you check a pm you have now switched to MEMBERS and when you hit view new content you will get nothing).

So make sure you are in FORUMS and then click on view new content and you should see at least 8 topics right now. I can reclick on it and get the same 8 topics...

I think the issue is making sure you are the FORUMS when you click on it.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

I just clicked on view new content again and this time it said:

There are 11 new entries since Yesterday, 10:12 PM

So its giving me a 24 hr window. I think the trick is to make sure you see the word FORUMS on the tool bar with a GREEN BOX around it. Then click on it! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users