• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2012: Is it too soon to be thinking of where to go for New Years

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hey gang...I know we haven't made it thru New Year's yet for 20102011 but I've already had several requests for what we are going to do for 20112012. (We are going back to Belize for 2011 doing a landbased pkg.)

So I'm open for suggestions for 2012. In 2011 2012 Christmas is on a Tuesday so the week after Christmas including New Year's will run Wednesday to Wednesday in 2012. New Year's Eve is a Monday so a liveaboard would work this year as it would run Dec 29 to Jan 5th if we could find a good deal.

So what do you want to do in 2012/2013?

The Belize folks want us back annually...and promising to keep prices LOW for the pkg. (Under $1000 again)

Bonaire wants us to run two trips to Bonaire including a New Year's trip...but its high season so pricing will be $1500-ish for a landbased week like Belize.

Let me know your thoughts for 2012!!!

Its NEVER too early to start planning!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:01 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

If you can find extra trip leaders, why not offer two (or more) adventures during that time frame and let the membership choose that which suits them? (Grenada and Belize, for example.)

Ambitious? Yes.

...but look at all the things SD has accomplished that others said we couldn't do in the past!

PPM

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Platty when I need a good dose of magical fairy dust I'm gonna call you! (Its cheaper and not illegal!) :lol:

And while I would love to think you were right...pulling off 1 trip over News Year sweating the remaining equity in my home is all I can do! :wacko:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hey gang...so NOW it is time to start thinking about where to go for New Year's 2011 so you can monitor air all year for reasonable deals. It will never be great but hopefully you'll find something reasonable.

Any suggestions? I'm really thinking about Belize again just because I know we can get a good deal on the pkg which is impossible to find other places.

Any other ideas?

formerly...

#5 ReelDiver

ReelDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:287

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

I would definitely be down for New Years 2011 in Belize! Any chance it could be done as a liveaboard?

#6 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

Places on the Bucketlist to dive still are:

South Africa
Grenada
Chuuk/Yap/Palau
Wakatobi
Philipines (Atlantis was real good both Punta Gelera & Dumagete)
GBR
Scapa Flow

Bonaire i would like to go back to (would like to dive the windjammer ~180') but going to have to see what the airline routings are looking like as right now getting down there is not optimal (unless you like long travel days or want to fly on CO or DL).

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#7 ReelDiver

ReelDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:287

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Wakatobi looks over the top amazing!!

I wouldn't get too worried about the flights to Bonaire though. Airfare's a bit more expensive than it was last year but its still early and I'm keeping hope alive! **Leaving July 2nd** The flight out of Atlanta was actually really great! I got bumped up which may have had something to do with it but arriving Saturday afternoon was much better than the 4 something-before-the-sun-came-up-I-was-asleep-in-bed-in-the-morning that my buddies decided to do. There is also a hop from Miami direct to Bonaire too...although I think its only once a week otherwise you have to go through Curacao.

#8 SirenaCansone

SirenaCansone

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Snorkeler, Scuba Groupie
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

My "dream trip" is the Lembeh Straits in Indonesia. Considering that the cheapest airfare I have been able to find today is around $7000, it truly IS a dream! But I saw a presentation at BTS and I'm more determined than ever to try to make it there...sometime, some way. I'd just like to throw that suggestion into the pot. You never know!
"When I die, I might as well die alive!" Harriet McBryde Johnson.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" John Locke 

#9 fairfield59

fairfield59

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

I wish I could afford all these $2,000+ trips, but unfortunately I'm still in low budget mode. I recently saw a June group trip to Cozy staying at Hotel Cozumel for $850 D/O ALL INCLUSIVE, with 5 days 2 tank plus 4 afternoon dives. Airfare is relatively cheap from Mid-Atlantic.

My first trip with SD was a 32 person trip at Hotel Cozumel in Jan '05. Why not try something like that again?

#10 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:we're supposed to track of that @#!$ ?

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

I doubt I'll be diving over Christmas/New Year's but in 2012 I'm aiming for the Maldives. I was also talking with tankboy26 the other day about Puerto Rico.
Make sure you never run out of Erica!

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

New Year's will be Belize landbased AGAIN this year since the trip will be under $1000 for the week of 3 tank dives daily. CAN'T BEAT IT!!!

For 2012 New Year's the dates start to work for a liveaboard again if people are interested. But a liveaboard to Belize now jacks the price to nearly $2k for the week + air. :(

formerly...

#12 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

I doubt I'll be diving over Christmas/New Year's but in 2012 I'm aiming for the Maldives. I was also talking with tankboy26 the other day about Puerto Rico.

Oh Maldives sounds good, would have to see what i could get for a miles ticket.

Oh one of my favorite locations, Puerto Rico. Im going back in spring of next year as a new provider for trips out to Mona Island is in the works. So i would do one week on the liveaboard then a week or so the west coast diving and seeing friends (from my DAN internship in 2007) in La Paraguera, Rincon, Aquadilla and Isabella then spending the last couple of days in San Jaun exploring the old city and relaxing before returning to reality. The more the marrier and I know plenty of places off the beaten path where the tourists dont go especially on the west coast.

That list isnt the end all be all, as my bucket list is much longer then that but that was what i could think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Scubatooth, 31 March 2011 - 07:25 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users