• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The OFFICIAL Saba St Kitts Jan 2011 Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

Made it through security at the airport - are we there yet?!? Security got a good laugh from the t-shirt with the sayin about the wreck diving :teeth:

To "SEE" all the fun click below:

http://www.singlediv...ts-jan-29-feb5/

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok we've had our first travel delay...Matt aka jmfitz had a flight cancel for mechanical difficulties so can not get to St Maarteen until tomorrow between noon and 2 depending on the flight they put him on. The boat is working on the contingency plan as to how we'll adapt the schedule so NO MAN OR WOMAN IS LEFT BEHIND!!! We'll probably just stay longer in the St Maarteen area vs heading for Saba sooner.

Its not perfect but it beats being the person left behind and getting no vacation! With our group you know if its humanly possible we will leave no one behind... it pays to take the whole boat so we have the kind of control!

And I know YOU would appreciate it if it were YOU!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

I for one applaud this. :clapping: Yes, it would suck to miss your whole trip for a travel delay. Good for SD for making this happen. That is only one of the reasons that I like going on SD trips. :cheerleader:
Sea Turtle advocate!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

ADDITIONAL TRAVEL UPDATE:

I guess misery :wub: company! The 5pm Miami flight was ultimately canceled after 3 hrs of mechanical difficulties they could not rectify. Everyone has crashed as we have 3:30 wakeup calls and leave the hotel at 4am for a 6am flight.

Including Matt we now have a total of 6 with transit delays!!

Good thing I already had the boat work out our delay contingency plan! At least they've already done the work! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

Once again Kamala's experience and foresight is transforming disaster into triumph. I echo what Jim aka Parrotman said; it reflects the sentiments of so many who have had their dive investment (and often their once-in-a-lifetime dive adventure) rescued just as Kamala is doing now. :clapping: Bravo!

Good luck cleariing the remaining hurdles gang! Wish I was along, but then there's always next year... :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hopefully the trip was much better than your inauspicious beginning! How was it? Spill, spill, spill.

It's been an excellent trip - missed some diving because of the delays but the diving more than made up for it. I'll try to attach a pic or two here:

Attached Files

Edited by Cajun Diver, 06 February 2011 - 09:12 AM.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Back in St Kitts and ready to head to the airport shortly. No internet until later tonight. Hanging out with Matt, Kimmie, Steve, Sandy and typing as fast as I can type their positive sentiments!

EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TRIP!!! (Of course I did...but then I always do!) ;)

We took supplies to a local foster home and got pictures and we have challenged the boat to help out weekly with a 50/50 drawing! :cool1:

We had one boat capt love us and another come on board and wish we were a week later so he could be our captain!

All our new members had a blast and several are already planning more trips including possibly Truk and Palau! ;)

Ok they are telling me I gotta go...I took lots of pics so will figure out how to post some when I have airport access.

Thank you gang for an amazing week and an amazing trip. And we kept getting these HORRIBLE SNOW AND ICE REPORTS FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE so we were feeling pretty good about our 82 degree weather and 80 degree water temps and NO RAIN!!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#8 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

Ok, ok I know it's 2:30am. Got home about Midnight safe and sound and still settling in. Best wishes to my dive buddies still in their travels.

My camera logged 190 photos and/or video clips. I'll go through them and certainly post some. On my average, about 10 will be presentable. :lmao:

Another good trip in my logbook. Thank you everybody.

ScubaClint

On a side note... The customs agent at Charlotte airport looked at my passport photo and said "WOW, this looks like a picture of your SON!! I said "Yeah, well it IS me."
"Oh, I know" he said. "What I meant was, you REALLY LOOK A LOT OLDER!!"
"Great, buddy. Just stamp my form, thank you." Hrrumph!! :P

#9 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

Ok, ok I know it's 2:30am. Got home about Midnight safe and sound and still settling in. Best wishes to my dive buddies still in their travels.

My camera logged 190 photos and/or video clips. I'll go through them and certainly post some. On my average, about 10 will be presentable. :lmao:

Another good trip in my logbook. Thank you everybody.

ScubaClint

On a side note... The customs agent at Charlotte airport looked at my passport photo and said "WOW, this looks like a picture of your SON!! I said "Yeah, well it IS me."
"Oh, I know" he said. "What I meant was, you REALLY LOOK A LOT OLDER!!"
"Great, buddy. Just stamp my form, thank you." Hrrumph!! :P

OMG Clint! I can't believe you didn't slap him... except that is not a good idea to slap a customs agent... but STILL! You handled it with grace, I'm very impressed. Sheesh!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

We LOVE seeing the pics! But, if possible, can you re-size them down a bit so they fit on the screen without having to use the slide bar to see the whole picture? Kind of loses impact when they're too big to see all at once.

So glad the diving was awesome for you guys!

Done - more pics later.:D

#11 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

We LOVE seeing the pics! But, if possible, can you re-size them down a bit so they fit on the screen without having to use the slide bar to see the whole picture? Kind of loses impact when they're too big to see all at once.

So glad the diving was awesome for you guys!

Done - more pics later.:D

Hi Everyone
I am making my return to the Great Canadian North as slow as possible.
Made it as far as Miami - home tomorrow.
Just wanted to say how great it was to meet all the new people and reconnecting with everyone else -
thanks for a wonderful week.
Joanne

#12 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hi Everyone
I am making my return to the Great Canadian North as slow as possible.
Made it as far as Miami - home tomorrow.
Just wanted to say how great it was to meet all the new people and reconnecting with everyone else -
thanks for a wonderful week.
Joanne

Glad to hear your getting there - say hi to the gang at Corner Gas when you go by that part of Saskatchewan :D

I need to transfer my pics to this computer so I can go through them - WW any chance we'll get a gallery for this trip? :thankyou:

#13 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Thank you everyone for a great trip! It was nice to meet so many new members, especially my awesome dive buddy Steve! :thankyou:

This was my first trip with Explorer Ventures, and they did a great job. The Captain and crew were top notch, and the food was great. I enjoyed the Saba diving above the St. Kitts, but it was all wonderful.

See ya all next time.

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

I need to transfer my pics to this computer so I can go through them - WW any chance we'll get a gallery for this trip? :thankyou:

Thanks Butch!!! You can now upload your pics into the official trip photo gallery! :thankyou:

The gallery is HERE!!!

formerly...

#15 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

Thanks - unfortunately I see no way to upload pictures - may be too early in the morning for me :lmao: or permissions need to be changed :bam:

I'll check again tonight when I get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users