• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Membership just got easier... signing up that is!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

Thanks to our awesome admins :respect: joining SingleDivers.com as a premier member just got a whole lot easier...and our payment options just got easier too! :wakawaka:

Under the old system you had to click on the Membership tab that is next to or right under the search box across the top. Then you chose your membership level and then you had to choose between paypal which automatically upgrades your membership or POST which tells you to mail us a check.

NOW...

Under the NEW system you will click on the Membership tab that is next to or right under the search box across the top. Then you choose your membership level generally premier member and then you proceed to our payment options which are NOW paypal and SingleDivers's Payment Gateway where you can pay via echeck or credit card. You will click one more button to initiate your membership choice and then you will see a RED LINK that will take you to our payment gateway to enter your payment info.

Its that simple! No more manual checks...no more choosing the manual check option and then paying via the gateway. Simply choose the gateway as your option and the system will take you directly to it! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

I like the fact that the 'mail check' option is now gone! So confusing to new members.

Is there still a step where Admin has to update the profile, or is it automatically updated now? There used to be a lag in time, based on when an Admin could get to it....
Posted Image

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

The paypal option is linked so that it will activate your premier membership automatically. The payment gateway option still requires manual activation BUT the biggest delay in activation is that people PAY for their membership via the gateway but do not create a new subscription. Part of the problem was that you could not renew your subscription until it expired :( but NOW you can renew it up to 2 weeks before it expires. This helps out a lot.

However our biggest challenge has been new members trying to pay AND set up the subscription. Now as soon as they set up the subscription...it will take them to the payment option and once completing that...they are done! The new verbiage even tells them that we'll need about 12-48 hours to manually activate their new premier membership! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Ahhh, much easier then the old way. Oooh, I feel privileged, I might have been the first one to use it.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

Ahhh, much easier then the old way. Oooh, I feel privileged, I might have been the first one to use it.

Thank you! I'm glad you find it easier! I'm thrilled we've figured out how to rewrite some of the base code to do things we want! :cool1:

formerly...

#6 nobodyelsehasthis

nobodyelsehasthis

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

The paypal option is linked so that it will activate your premier membership automatically. The payment gateway option still requires manual activation BUT the biggest delay in activation is that people PAY for their membership via the gateway but do not create a new subscription. Part of the problem was that you could not renew your subscription until it expired :( but NOW you can renew it up to 2 weeks before it expires. This helps out a lot.

However our biggest challenge has been new members trying to pay AND set up the subscription. Now as soon as they set up the subscription...it will take them to the payment option and once completing that...they are done! The new verbiage even tells them that we'll need about 12-48 hours to manually activate their new premier membership! :cool1:

I didn't get any verbiage telling me that it would take 12 - 48 hours to set up premier account manually. I chose the gateway because I presumed it would be better for SD. But would have done paypal if I had known it would activate automatically. I woud really like to see details of Barbados trip so that I can commit and pay before 3/24.

Grace

#7 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Grace, Her's the link to official sign up Barbados thread. Pricing, trip details, ect...
Ss
http://www.singlediv...-research-trip/
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#8 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Stan, she cannot access that link until her Premier Membership is activated by an Admin. I am in contact with Grace via email about this trip!
Posted Image

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Grace, Dennis and Joe your memberships are activated and :thankyou:

And yes the payment gateway does help us as it easier to manage payment and the fees are less. The worst case is usually about 24 hrs...but we can do it faster if we know to be looking. :thankyou:

formerly...

#10 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Okay, I renew but the field does not update on the main page. Only shows me paid to Feb 2013. I renewed in February.

Thanks,
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users