• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Costa Rica

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

If I recall, the trip was in November. We had about 10 foot of vis, and there was nothing to see. The weather was great, so it was not a storm issue. We just stopped at a dive shop in town one day and asked if they were diving any day that week. I did not have a recommendation on who to dive with, but there werent many other options there, if any. My ex wife was planning the trip and it included her daughter, my mom, sister, and her two kids as well as my ex and I. With my sister and I being the only divers in the group. any diving was limited to one day, and local. After my ex picked the spot, I looked for a spot as a diving option. I know that I had an interest in Cano Island, but do not recall the specifics. It was not realistic for me, based on where we were located, so I stopped looking into it. I hope to eventually get to Cocos, and if so, I will probably plan a week of touring Costa Rica as a side trip after the diving, because the country really is beautiful from what I have seen.

Thank you Ed. What time of year did you go? Was the vis bad or something else with the diving near Quapos?

Is the diving at Cano Island supposed to be better?

#17 HAZMAT Diver

HAZMAT Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Only done 2 days of Diving there a year+ ago, but it was some of the best diving I have seen. The marine life including schools of sharks, Eagle and Manta rays were incredible. The northwest Pacific coast is a must see, particularly in the late fall or early winter. If the trip is in 2012, count me in.
HazmatDiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users