• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NC...the GraveYard of the Atlantic

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hey girl...I hope you can join us but we can't do Memorial Day as we have Dominica scheduled and 4th is out as we have Holbox and Cenotes scheduled and Labor Day is out as we have Mayaguana scheduled for 2012.

So that leaves regular weekends. Plus to make it worthwhile we need to do at least 3 days of diving. For those who fly in that means 3 days of diving and 2 days of travel. For those who drive they can cut some of that back but it makes for long ugly drives.

So if we do this in 2012 it will be at least 3 days and it will not be over a holiday as they are already booked. :(

Kamala - for clarification - depending on the originating airport, some people could fly into New Bern the night prior without too much fuss (unless the airline loses their luggage like they did my drysuit one time!) which could cut the time off of work down for those to whom that is important.

To your point - if it's a three day trip not on a holiday weekend, especially to MHC - probably not the best option for me personally. Hope you guys have fun though! I've been up there twice already this year and it's been great. I'm planning another trip Sept-ish time frame with more of tech focus. Can't beat the graveyard of the Atlantic!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users