• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2011-11: Roatan Nov 12-19, 2011 SINGLE'S WEEK! -- Featuring "The Scuba Cowboy" & PIRATE COSTUME CONTEST

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#556 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Is it alright if I don't have my Nitrox card on me and to just have them look it up on the SSI website? It got stolen a while back and I just didn't get around to replacing it.

It's a PADI shop there, and they may not be able to do this....so I highly recommend that you stop by your local SSI shop and get a printout from them to take with you to Roatan!
Posted Image

#557 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

Is it alright if I don't have my Nitrox card on me and to just have them look it up on the SSI website? It got stolen a while back and I just didn't get around to replacing it.

It's a PADI shop there, and they may not be able to do this....so I highly recommend that you stop by your local SSI shop and get a printout from them to take with you to Roatan!

Yes this will be extremely important or you risk NOT being able to dive nitrox and its already paid for. So pls get your SS dive shop or ANY SSI dive shop to print out a copy of your c-card info from their system. This will work without any problems. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#558 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

For my last trip, I had misplaced my card. (Found it in time though) I was able to go onto the SSI website and printout a copy of my card.

#559 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring honduran cigars back home into the states?? :taz:

Kamala any up date on who won any prizes for signing up early? :teeth:

#560 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Honduran smokes are OK within personel limit, but Cuban via Roatan are not.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#561 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Important Documents Update

1) John aka Johnnyvenom we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :thankyou:

2) Scott aka Cmdr. Clownfish we received your waiver and insurance summary. :cheerleader:

3) Tim aka Buckeyediver we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :thankyou:

4) Sharon aka Justonemore we received your survey and insurance summary. :cheerleader:

5) Julio aka Cubanredneckdiver we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :thankyou:

6) Tony aka FloridaDiver we received your survey and insurance summary. :cheerleader:

7) Suzanne aka Coralreefer we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :thankyou:

8) Micki aka Swimgirl we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :cheerleader:

9) Anna aka Anna we received your waiver. :thankyou:

10) Michiko aka Suntrooper we received your survey, waiver and insurance summary. :cheerleader:

#562 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

Thank you Clint! Is anyone still missing their docs now???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#563 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

IMPORTANT PRIZE UPDATES:

HELLO FROM ROATAN!!!

We have been working hard to get ready for our awesome event! The prize winners will be listed today!!! :cheerleader:

It has come to our attention that simultaneously planning two events (this year's and next) using potentially 2 different resorts by the same company can cause some confusion of details. :( Add to this the short time frame we changed from FI to the HM Resorts and set this all up in, its a miracle the new US rep for these properties and I did not comingle more details relative to Media Luna the new resort vs Henry Morgan the flagship resort. :banghead:

Having said that...the following details about the two resorts have been confused:

1. Internet is free in the common areas of Media Luna but not at Henry Morgan. It is $30 at the week for Henry Morgan.

2. Media Luna has oceanview rooms whereas Henry Morgan does not. (The beach bar, pool and other shared common ares face the ocean and the rest of the resort including rooms are behind the common areas.)

3. Henry Morgan has exclusive new villas available for purchase starting at $100,000 which Media Luna does not.

Therefore the people who paid early in order to win a chance at an oceanview room (all other prizes are the same) will NOW have the following upgrades:

* They will be upgraded to a luxurious villa
* AND they will be given a complementary Boat Night Dive
* AND they will receive complementary wifi for the week

So stay tuned for the winners coming to a post SOON!!! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#564 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

IMPORTANT PRIZE UPDATES:

HELLO FROM ROATAN!!!

We have been working hard to get ready for our awesome event! The prize winners will be listed today!!! And we have an awesome itinerary for you all this week!:cheerleader:

It has come to our attention that simultaneously planning two events (this year's and next) using potentially 2 different resorts by the same company can cause some confusion of details. :( Add to this the short time frame we switched from set it up in and its a miracle the new US rep for these properties and I did not comingle more details relative to Media Luna the new resort vs Henry Morgan the flagship resort. :banghead:

Having said that...the following details about the two resorts have been confused:

1. Internet is free in the common areas of Media Luna but not at Henry Morgan. It is $30 at the week for Henry Morgan.

2. Media Luna has oceanview rooms whereas Henry Morgan does not. (The beach bar, pool and other shared common ares face the ocean and the rest of the resort including rooms are behind the common areas.)

3. Henry Morgan has exclusive new villas available for purchase starting at $100,000 and available for guests at HM at a significant price increase which Media Luna does not.

Therefore the people who paid early in order to win a chance at an oceanview room (all other prizes are the same) will NOW have the following upgrades:

formerly...

#565 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hi Kamala.

How do you guys like the water so far?

Scott

Water temps have been 81-84 depending on where you are diving. I was doing some dive training this week in additional to getting ready for our trip next week (yes when you are married to a dive instructor your idea of a romantic vacation together is to do private dive classes!) ;)

During our dives we've seen a number of large squid, a spotted eagle ray, lots of lionfish that ended up on a spear :whistle: and plenty of other fun critters!

formerly...

#566 fairfield59

fairfield59

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

IMPORTANT PRIZE UPDATES:

Sweet! I know where the happy hours will be!!!!!

#567 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Sorry I am confused - which resort are we staying at Media Luna or Henry Morgan? If both locations are being utilized for this trip = please let me know which location I am booked at.
thanks!

Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

• Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Sorry I am confused - which resort are we staying at Media Luna or Henry Morgan? If both locations are being utilized for this trip = please let me know which location I am booked at.
thanks!

We are all at Henry Morgan. Media Luna is possibly next years location.

#569 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

During our dives we've seen a number of large squid, a spotted eagle ray, lots of lionfish that ended up on a spear :whistle: and plenty of other fun critters!

Ah---so you DID get that thing you saw at DEMA!

#570 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hi Kamala.

How do you guys like the water so far?

Scott

Water temps have been 81-84 depending on where you are diving. I was doing some dive training this week in additional to getting ready for our trip next week (yes when you are married to a dive instructor your idea of a romantic vacation together is to do private dive classes!) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users