• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Jeanne

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

For those of you in the path, please stay safe. I know the outer bands are now hitting So Florida. We have another LONG time to hunker down, but we are all getting pretty good at this.

As fast as she is now moving, she should be out of NC by next Thursday. WOO HOO! We may actually get to see what the one hurricane that hits the coast of NC uncovers. However since my parents live near Morehead City I am not wishing this to go to NC. And please Jeanne stay out of Pensocola.

Actually I am still hopeful she decides to go Northeast very soon!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:42 AM

This is the first year for any state to get hit by 4 'Canes since 1886 when Texas got hammered. And our folks were still learning about what those were exactly as most here were immigrants. They didn't know much about how to forecast or prepare. They knew more by 1900, but politics prevented communication efficiency still, so they weren't ready when Galveston got leveled in 1900. About 8,000 lost.

As bad as living with those must be, at least they can better protect the folks now. Y'all be careful, and get back to us when you can. And I think it'll be down to a Depression by the time it gets up to NC, so just lots of rains and pesky topedoes. Yes, flooding is the primary killer in 'canes, but it can be prevented. All of my family owns PFDs, and we live on a high desert. :welcome:

Attached Images

• Jeanne.gif

Edited by DandyDon, 25 September 2004 - 08:02 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users