• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Is there a TIME OF MONTH that is BETTER for Dive Travel?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

NOTE: We split this off from another thread because the VALUE of the Topic has broader appeal. So let us know if you have work constraints that ONLY let you travel certain times or NEVER let you travel certain times. This will help us better plan trips for you. Thank you, Kamala

Thank you Jim. April is as late as I can push it since we have a trip in May already for 2012 to Dominica. I could overlap the first part of May but that does not help Tammy. And apparently that messes up Dominica for her as well since the Sat to Sat trip runs May 26 to June 2nd and Friday is June 1st so she can't claim that it falls on a weekend. :(

As I said, the world does not revolve around me and my work schedule! :lmao: Make it April to work for the majority.
So far ALL of your planned 2012 trips include the first day of the month.... Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Thank you Jim. April is as late as I can push it since we have a trip in May already for 2012 to Dominica. I could overlap the first part of May but that does not help Tammy. And apparently that messes up Dominica for her as well since the Sat to Sat trip runs May 26 to June 2nd and Friday is June 1st so she can't claim that it falls on a weekend. :(

As I said, the world does not revolve around me and my work schedule! :lmao: Make it April to work for the majority.
So far ALL of your planned 2012 trips include the first day of the month.... Posted Image

You aren't the only one Tammy. Unfortunately those pesky dive shows like BTS and PNW all seem to be scheduled on the 3rd weekend of the month that messes up those of us who work on an accounting close schedule and have to take our vacation the last two weeks of a month.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

You aren't the only one Tammy. Unfortunately those pesky dive shows like BTS and PNW all seem to be scheduled on the 3rd weekend of the month that messes up those of us who work on an accounting close schedule and have to take our vacation the last two weeks of a month.

I have been VERY screwed this year with planning and having most things fall on or over the 1st of the month. The Dive Shows have HURT alot and trying to include holidays has also tasked me i.e. Labor Day, Memorial Day and 4th of July.

I can do the Surprise trip in Feb after the 1st and towards the end of the month but several people has said they have something for Feb already or its too late for them to plan for this type of trip.

List of Months we can or are doing a trip the latter part of the month:

• Currently we an do a trip in Feb in the last 2 weeks
  • May is predominately the last week and you CAN arrive a couple of days early and depart a few days early so you can be to work the 1st. (This was done this year and worked out well)
  • June is possible to do a trip in the 3rd week of the month
  • July is possible to do a trip in the last 2 weeks of the month
  • Aus is possible to do a trip in the last 2 weeks of the month
  • Sept is still in the air as we have the first week of the month already there
  • Oct is usually a trip the last week of the month (this year had flight issues)
  • Nov is being meseed up by DEMA...although we could do the Nov 24 to Dec 1st as the 1st is a Sat and you may not be expected to be in the office BUT this also means that airfare will be high as the 24th is the Sat after Thanksgiving and fare are high for the Sat before and the Sat after.

So this is NOT directed at anyone member and if I mention your name it is merely for illustrative purposes! *

* However EVERYONE knows that trips are always nicer when either Georoc01 and/or Landlocked Dive Nut are on them! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

NOTE: We split this off from another thread because the VALUE of the Topic has broader appeal. So let us know if you have work constraints that ONLY let you travel certain times or NEVER let you travel certain times. This will help us better plan trips for you. Thank you, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

OK, since my constraints were not included in the split, I will reiterate them here:

I cannot take any vacation from Oct 1 through Feb 15 (special permission needed for Feb vacation the second half of the month, but it can be obtained with enough notice)
I cannot be away from my desk on the 1st day of any month
Posted Image

#6 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

I can not travel from November 1st through January 15th. Nor can I travel in June, although June does have some flexibility but I do not know the window until late spring. Mid week travel actually gives me better options. If I can leave home on Wed or Thursday I can stretch a trip out to 12 days with out using more than 5 days vacation.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#7 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Generally I cannot travel during the first 7 business days of the month and thus am hopeful the timing of the annual Bonaire trip might be moved around in the future rather than always being that first week of March. :thankyou:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#8 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

Im not restricted perse on dates i can get off, but between thanksgiving and new years is a bit tough, rest of the year depends on staffing levels and schedule which is subject to change.

I havent had any problems in the past but a recent schedule change killed a trip I was looking forward to. The bosses made it up to me in a way, but doesnt make up for the events im going to miss.

All in all my biggest problem isnt going on the trips is having the time and money to go on all the trips i want to.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#9 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

For me, the best times are the last two weeks of the month, especially the months of April-July, Oct-Dec.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

Generally I cannot travel during the first 7 business days of the month and thus am hopeful the timing of the annual Bonaire trip might be moved around in the future rather than always being that first week of March. :thankyou:

We can do that! I'll push it out for 2013. :teeth:

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Anyone else want to chime in on this topic? We'd really appreciate it!

formerly...

#12 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

I'll put in my two "teacher" cents...

Summers are really best, but for me (and no two teachers anymore are alike), mid June to end of July is best. That said, this year I will have the full week off at Thanksgiving due to furlough days being added to the usual days off for Thanksgiving and Christmas will be the usual week off before and after Christmas (literally that this year, as Christmas is on a Sunday). Spring break falls all over the map, but this year it is the last week of March.

But again, summers are best, though the Thanksgiving week is very tempting for me...

#13 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I'm think another Barbadosr dive floated a question that may have been missed about any Thanksgiving trip for 2011.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Stan I vaguely recall some discussion about going someplace for Thanksgiving 2011. Can you pls find that and start a new thread in this forum so it does not get lost again. And we'll be glad to help you plan a trip for Turkey Day this year! Thank you! kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users