• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Cup Match Weekend

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

One of the more quaint sides of Bermuda is Cup Match weekend. It is a four day island wide holiday for the island Cricket finals between St. George and Somerset cricket clubs combined with a celebration of emancipation. The entire island effectively shuts down so It is a great time for us over-worked IT folks to get away and so I will be flying to NYC starting Thursday until Monday. Bit of sightseeing, bit of shopping in the geek/tech stores, lots of dining out and just generally relaxing. While I will have my phone for rudimentary communication I will be keeping it turned off for most of the weekend.

Once I get back on Monday I will be off for the rest of the week for a 'staycation'. Will be booking in for local diving for a few days, but if the weather is rough I suspect my new discount copy of Rome: Total War will be getting a royal workout over that week. Not a good week to be a Gaul I suspect. ;)

All the best and will see you on the other side. Posted Image
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users