• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Prone to Seasickness

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Jerry, Do you use the Meclizine or patch AND then if feeling ill, take some Zoforn?? Do you double dip the drugs ??

It depends on the conditions. in projected 4+ foot seas in NC with a 2 hour boat ride out I'll do the patch the night before and the Meclizine as well. then another dose before a banana in the AM. Then if necessary the Zoforn. I try to avoid taking too many Mec or any of the other OTC sea sick meds as they dry me out and can mess with my balance. Not good with double 100's and 4 foot seas. I don't have that problem with the Zoforn.

The patch is good for three days before you have to change it out. I use an alcohol wipe to clean the spot and then cover it with waterproof medical tape to keep from losing the patch on multi day dive trips. The big caveat with the patch is do not touch the patch until ready to use it. Then apply it and immediately wash your hands with soap or if you inadvertently touch your eye the active ingredient will dilate your pupil making your vision VERY blurry for several hours.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users