• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where would you like to live?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

I thought maybe a new subject for the board might spurt some conversation. Seems like everyone left town..

So in a what if situation...If a Genie appeared and said you could live anywhere.Where would you go? Or if your happy where you are now then just say ,Thank's ,Im happy where I'm at..

Just thought it might be interesting to see how many people are satisfied living where they are...

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Well i have a couple. If i could find a place were i could work/earn a good income as a Critical Care Paramedic or RN(that's in progress) as service to others is part of who I am and then on my days off dive, travel and or photography. I would choose the west coast of Puerto Rico (Aquadilla, Rincon or Paraguera) or Key West.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Australia, living the Mike Nelson life teaching, exploring and living scuba.

PPM

#4 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

Currently I'm happy where I am at. Good job, relatively close to the mountains, and a major airport to get me where I need to go.

Still working on the next phase of my life. At that point I'll be ready for somewhere more tropical. Still trying to figure out where that perfect spot is..

#5 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Can't wait to move this summer has been brutal.

My pick would be the big island of Hawaii. It enjoys good weather, the diving is not bad and it is closer to the top spots in the Pacific but still the U.S.

Anyone want to front me some money so I could leave this weekend.

#6 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

If I did not have to work then I would like to move to Utila. I think it is a beautiful little island with good diving and I enjoy the people and the culture. I would like to live somewhere, even if I have to work, that has better access to warm water diving but I do not see that happening anytime soon.
Sea Turtle advocate!

#7 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hey,this is great.:2cool: . :thankyou: for the responses so far..Including Mike Nelson aka ppm....LOL.I guess I should've mentioned my preference since I started it.Personally,I'm tired of the cold weather and the traffic.
As most of us here I think would agree,Diving is a strong motivator.I have seen quite few of the Islands of the Carribean.I think since it's still in USA ,St Thomas.You can easily transport to other locations from there.St. Maartin would be my 2nd.Work.yes,maybe if I got lucky enough to land a job in a Dive shop.Do my skill of Remodeling and Painting on misc.days..
.Lets keep it going.........

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#8 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Well, I enjoy where I am (and have been for most of the last 42 years). I own a nice home, can walk anywhere in town, have a very short drive in my golf cart to the dive park where I can dive year-round, and if I need culture or an airport to escape during winter, I'm only an hour boat ride from the Lost Angeles metropolitan area.

I'm nearing time to collect Social Security (next year or two). I'm considering the idea of living 6 months here and 6 months in a tropical or southern hemisphere location so I can live the "Endless Summer." I love coral reefs, especially those in Asia (love the ladies too) and have learned to enjoy clear, warm water to dive in! Maybe the the Philippines. Maybe SE Asia. Maybe Fiji. Maybe just spend the winter at a different location each year until I can no longer carry my dive gear.

#9 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Oz if I could take my family

- and that presumes they'd be happy living there too - that includes my son's inlaws since I know they can't get too far from his wife Emily & new baby Leia. Now, that means their other kids as well, along with their friends & another set of inlaws, and so on.

Long story short - think we're here.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#10 techintime

techintime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Master diver, TDI Deco diver and adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Cave country in FL. Been dying to get cave certed, but cant find the time. It's a time-consuming cert but if I lived there I could get it done.
Techintime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users