• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

911 help w/attachments

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Lets all keep in mind that NOBODY appreciates a 20MB email. It will hog up their machine and if they try to download it on cellular simply by checking their email then they may send the bill to you after waiting 3 hours for it to download!!! That is 10% of the base iPhone data plan in one email. If they are roaming and then it could be several hundred or thousand $$$... you don't want to take that call. Not everybody has software that can handle that or an internet connection that can. Plus no email server will be happy if you try it regardless of what the specs say. The receiving server may refuse it even if yours sends it out and neither on is guaranteed to give a failure notice. It is just not a good idea to even attempt a 20Mb email.

Be polite, post it on a site for them to download at their leisure or burn it and mail it .

Scott, I wasn't implying I needed to send a 20 mb attachment.I understand your perspective.I will admit I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the Tech members here.I guess I'm just old fashion and wish sometimes things could be left at (our discrection) to change or update etc...:respect: For now ,thanks for the input everyone...

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#17 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Be polite, post it on a site for them to download at their leisure or burn it and mail it .

Good point Scott.

You can also turn down the resolution of your camera. Not only do you reduce the load on email and storage, but you also can take a lot more pictures. :D

At 12 Megapixels on a 1GB photo card you can store roughly 174 photos. At 2 Megapixel resolution on the same card you can store roughly 1858 photos.

Here are two photos. One occupies roughly 11MB RAM, the second the same photo reduced to 650K.

Attached Thumbnails

• Horse.jpg
  • HorseR.jpg

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#18 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Ok,To end this little episode of me freeking out ,over the pix issue. I had a friend stop by yesterday and help with my situation.i ended up downloading Picassa.Seems to be user friendly & I also added Google chrome.All is well.,just need to get adjusted to some of the controls.Apparently.To send a (few) photos is done by e mail.vs sending the link to a whole album.I need to see about the trick for the one or two.Not everyone wants to look through 100 or 200 photos..I can reduce the resolution with Picassa,which is what I did,for the photos from GCM.I'll see if I can post the vidoe I took of Sting Ray city.....
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users