• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

One last Athens Event...#4

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:17 AM

Hey ww, I think we should have a octoberfest in athens. How about halloween weekend? :respect:

Yep...here ya go!

Who's Going?:

Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX - (pd/camping/Fri-Sun)
Kim aka finGrabber - Watauga, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Sonny aka SonnyBeaches - Port O'Connor, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Deb aka Dejah - McKinney, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Deb's friend - Discover Scuba Inductee - (pd/camping/F-S)
Jim aka Narwhal - Dallas, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Bob aka Flatwood - Ridgeland, MS - (pd/camping/F-S)
David aka talosdc - Dallas, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Jimmy aka Domino22 - Fort Worth, TX - (pd/camping/F-S)
Sandy aka Starfish Sandy

Want to know what you are missing???

Buttercup gets framed...the FULL Story of Athens #3

The July Athens event...my sides still hurt from laughing so hard!!!

The First Athens event...where it all started!!!

Summary of Details for the FOURTH SW Regional SingleDivers.com Athen's Scuba Park Dive Trip:

Hi All! On Oct 29th - 31st we will be having a HALLOWEEN PARTY TO END ALL HALLOWEEN PARTIES - Can single people party or what????including scavenger hunts and/or treasure hunts...pumpkin relays and contests and much more along with camping-out & diving all weekend at Athen's Scuba Park, located in Athen's TX. We will also be doing Discover Scuba's for people who want to try out our sport and offer some nice amenities like our very own dive massage therapist who will be doing diving massages for reduced rates! We will be out at the park at 1:00pm on Friday, Oct 29th and be leaving the park on Sunday around noon or whenever everyone wants to leave. (We left at 5pm in July & Sept!) We will again be on docks #1 & #2 right by the Dive Shop, Showers, Hot Tub & Pool.

Details: Friday Oct 29th arrive at Athens Scuba Park 1:00pm (Map Included),
leave on Sunday Oct 31st.

Park Fees: Certified Divers - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out
If camping Friday night and doing a night dive...no dive fee will be charged.
Students in Training - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out
Swim/Watcher - $5.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out

Park Hours:
8:00 am to 6:00pm (gate not locked on THIS weekend!)

Map to Park: http://www.athensscubapark.com/map.htm

Upon arriving at the Park you will need to pay your weekend fee's for your full stay at the dive shop, & then tell them you want to head to Dock 1 & 2 which are right next to the dive shop...hot tub....pool....showers....and all the fun stuff, or ask for the SingleDivers group....they'll know where we are! Many of us will be doing some dives right away early on Friday and of course night diving on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Some Rules of the Park:

1. The gates WON'T lock at 6pm on this weekend so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
2. You can byob BUT it must be in cans or plastic...ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS of any kind is allowed in the park!!!! (Not only can you be asked to leave for violating that rule but the ENTIRE group can be asked to leave for one person's infraction!)
3. We were told we were the cleanest group trash wise during our first visit so I hope we continue that trend on this next visit!

We are offering to those interested discounted Single Divers .com certifications IF YOU PRE-REGISTER IN ADVANCE including: Night Dive, Navigation, peak buoyancy or Search & Recovery certification through Padi, Naui or possibly other certifying agencies if you need a different one. Please post questions in this thread so all can learn from the replys or feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Please stay tuned for more details and we will be sending a survey to all divers coming for the weekend how you want to handle food, lodging, & fun!!!

-Deb aka Dejah & Kamala aka Wreck Wench

See you there!!!

More Info:

BBQ & Breakfast:

Because it was such a success the first & second time & third time...we will do many of the things from the first three Athens outing: We have a catered BBQ with Steve Sadler of Diving Rebels fame and legend for his all time awesome and award winning bbq's...

The awesome BBQ and home cooked Breakfast of sausage and eggs and tortillas with coffee and juice cooked is $25 + $5 for Treasure Hunt if paid in advance by 10/23 or $40 if paid after that.

Make payments via www.paypal.com to kamala@singledivers.com NOTING that the money is for the Athens event and YOUR screen name and real name for proper credit OR you can mail a check with the same info on it....to Kamala Shadduck via Single Divers.com 3957 Gaspar Ste #200; Dallas, TX 75220

Certification Dives & other fun stuff:

certification dives if people want to get specialities i.e. peak bouyancy, navigation, nite dives, nitrox, etc. We will have goodies from manufacturer's reps and a local dive shop to show us some of the latest and greatest new toys such as dive scooters and underwater DIGITAL cameras...in fact we'll also be able to try them out! We'll have information on diving nutrition...a program called "Dive Deeper into Nutrition...Just add H20!" and raffles...door prizes...games and contests for HALLOWEEN!! Oh yes hot tubbing and diving and loads of fun!!! Be there or...miss out on the MOST fun in fresh water you can have!!!

More...

Hey gang...we have even MORE goodies for the raffle and understand we'll have prizes for participants! Now would be a great time to bring a friend to join us!!!

e10 Energy Drink...this product is fabulous...no carbs, caffeine, or sugar and only 5 calories however it will give you that BALANCED boost you need when challenging your body. Its for diving...work...play...stress...anytime....and we'll have it at Athens so you can try it this time FOR SURE!!![/QUOTE]

HOTEL Info:

Here is the info for the hotel and if anyone wants to motel-it you can call the Spanish Trace Inn which is about $55 bucks a night and is 5 minutes from the park. There is also a discount if you tell them you are diving at the park.

(IF you want help finding a roommate for the hotel let us know!!!)

Name: Spanish Trace Inn
Address: 716 East Tyler
City, State: Athens
Telephone: (800) 488-5173 (903) 675-5173

Read a review here:

http://www.igougo.co...81&EntryID=2362

Edited by WreckWench, 25 October 2004 - 01:37 PM.

I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

Hey ww, I think we should have a octoberfest in athens. How about halloween weekend? :respect:

That is the date we are tossing around! Anyone else up for a Halloween Bash at Athens???? -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:51 AM

I'll go, however not sure if I can take off that Friday for the full day so I may have to come in the evening on Fri. If we do Halloween weekend are we also going to do a Pumpkin Carving Contest?

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

I'll go, however not sure if I can take off that Friday for the full day so I may have to come in the evening on Fri. If we do Halloween weekend are we also going to do a Pumpkin Carving Contest?

I think we can do a costume contest and pumpkin carving (as long as we clean the pumpkins first...no goo in the water!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

I'll go, however not sure if I can take off that Friday for the full day so I may have to come in the evening on Fri.  If we do Halloween weekend are we also going to do a Pumpkin Carving Contest?

I think we can do a costume contest and pumpkin carving (as long as we clean the pumpkins first...no goo in the water!)

Ohhh Alright.. I promise no goo in the water, besides Calving and Shannon would have my head if I did :teeth: .

#6 Talos

Talos

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open
  • Logged Dives:25 - 50

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:04 AM

will be there i take my refresher course today and may be able to get a regulator set up by then that way i at least have my own and dont have to use a rental for that :lam:
as a matter of fact I am out of my mind. It is dark and scary in there.

perfect llil angle not my fault my halo is supported by horns.

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:14 AM

will be there i take my refresher course today and may be able to get a regulator set up by then that way i at least have my own and dont have to use a rental for that :lam:

That is great news! Let us know how your refresher course goes! -ww

formerly...

#8 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:23 AM

WW, I can make the athens trip this time if we can get everyone together, Bob

#9 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:12 AM

I would love to come down and join you guys. Question is how do I get there? Fly to Dallas? Can I hitch a ride?

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#10 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:50 AM

I would love to come down and join you guys. Question is how do I get there? Fly to Dallas? Can I hitch a ride?

If you can fly into shreveport, la I would be happy to pick you up or maybe some of the dallas or houston people can help, bob

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:54 AM

Of course you can fly to Dallas and we'll pick you up and even arrange for overnite lodging if you need it to make return flights! That is what Gar aka BluBlood does when he flys in! -ww

formerly...

#12 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:27 PM

I can't believe sonny hasn't jumped on this event yet :wavey:

#13 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:50 PM

I would love to come down and join you guys.  Question is how do I get there?  Fly to Dallas?  Can I hitch a ride?

Of course you can fly to Dallas and we'll pick you up and even arrange for overnite lodging if you need it to make return flights! That is what Gar aka BluBlood does when he flys in! -ww

So would I need to arrive on Thursday (10/28) evening or Friday afternoon (10/29)? I assume I would be heading back the evening of 10/31.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:59 PM

I would love to come down and join you guys.  Question is how do I get there?  Fly to Dallas?  Can I hitch a ride?

So would I need to arrive on Thursday (10/28) evening or Friday afternoon (10/29)? I assume I would be heading back the evening of 10/31.

You could arrive on Thursday in time for our Oct Happy Hour and we'll make it in your honor! WOO!!! HOO!!! I'll take care of lodging on Thursday and arrangements to pick you up at the airport. You can fly back late on Sunday or super early on Monday...again we'll take care of lodging and getting you to the airport!

Cool... :wakawaka:

formerly...

#15 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:46 PM

I'm in !!!
Halloween sure.
It cant be anymore spooky than sunday morning of our last get together :teeth:

:wakawaka: B2B

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 07 October 2004 - 06:48 PM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users