• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oh to have been there 43 years ago!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

And to have seen it for the very first time with human eyes:

Good night, good luck ,a Merry Christmas and God bless all of you, all of you on the Good Earth!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Dang. *shivers* Talk about a Parris-Island-level gut-punch of perspective on humankind's relative irrelevance. It certainly reinforces my Faith in God (or at least, for the Agnostic among us, Intelligent Design).

Just try wrapping one's head around the impossibly precise balance of so many (to us) monstrously sized orbiting objects, the center of which is whirling in a dance with it's own impossibly bigger and brilliantly lit partners in the Milky Way, now reduced to mere marbles floating with such frightening fragility in a vast, cold, dark, and totally indifferent corner of the universe.

Got it? Now look outside: The vibrant and seemingly endless variety of living things, going about whatever business green things and critters have to do, oblivious of what so recently left you emotionally breathless.

So, if you will excuse me, I believe(!) I will take a moment to offer thanks to God.

Merry Christmas.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users