• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Africa

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

All,

I have been to Africa 3 times since 2002, spending more than 75 days there in 10 different countries. Never once, not even in the depths of Johannesburg, did I EVER feel threatened. This would include driving from Capetown to Windhoek, Namibia, with 5 of us alone in a vehicle. Frankly, given the proper opportunity, I could easily live there. Unfortunately, I was never able to dive while there. Traveling with my family at the time, the first things to go out the window were my dive trips & hunting trips as the itinerary filled up. I was supposed to dive in Zanzibar. However, when the tour operator told me that my son couldn't dive because he had a Junior PADI rating at the time, I pulled the plug on it. I did some fishing in Mozambique & the archipelago there is quite pristine, though I'm not sure of the quality of the diving. If Kamala is interested, I have a very dear friend in South Africa who organized all of our visits, mostly photo safari related. He has done some diving, as well. I'm certain he would be more than happy to do the research & suggest any reputable operations, as well as the top scuba destinations on the continent. AFRICA IS AMAZING!!! Yes, there are a lot of visa requirements & you pretty much have to get every vaccination known to humanity (other than dengue fever, if memory serves). To fulfill a lifelong dream, I would absolutely return there to dive. Should that not occur, I'll be going back, no matter what. There are MANY places within the US that are far more dangerous than walking through the bush alone, unarmed, amongst the wildlife. BELIEVE ME!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users