• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013 Trip Planning...NEED your input NOW!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Fiji
Gallapagos--Although I hate cold water.
Papua New Guinea
Raj Ampat

On second though Who cares. Lets just go!!!

Galapagos was AMAZING!!! I need to go back. We went in Oct and had 77-78 in Darwin and Wolf. It was colder in some of the other islands but not the two major ones! We saw whalesharks and hammerheads, rays, EVERYTHING!!!!

We used EV and I would certainly use them again.

Pricing for a week AI Liveabaord is currently:

$3,995 per person (2012 off-peak season Jan. 15-May 15)
$4,295 per person (2012/2013 peak season May 16-Jan 14)

The crossing was long and was similar to T&C to Mayaguana for those who did that crossing last year.

I'm really wanting to go to the Galapagos. After researching, Explorer Ventures is my 1st choice. And given the type of diving, I want to go with a group I know and feel comfortable with :respect: , i.e., SD!
  • scubaclint likes this
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#32 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm jonesin to go to Socorro in February. Easier to get to than the Galapagos and much of the same large animal life from what I am told. I have not been to either yet.
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

We'll be in Maldives in Feb 2013 and Lembeh in March 2013 so could not do Socorro then. They do have 'many' of the same animals but no where near the quantity and variety and the vast array of diversity. Galapagos was a 10 and Soccorro was an 7-8.

We did Socorro in fall and it was great. Will have to check to see what its like in Dec to Feb timeframe.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 Sharklover

Sharklover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

We'll be in Maldives in Feb 2013 and Lembeh in March 2013 so could not do Socorro then. They do have 'many' of the same animals but no where near the quantity and variety and the vast array of diversity. Galapagos was a 10 and Soccorro was an 7-8.

We did Socorro in fall and it was great. Will have to check to see what its like in Dec to Feb timeframe.

The Galapagos is pretty much the top of my Bucket List to be honest. And I feel like NC Diving has prepared me to dive there. I have a thing for big fish :), though I like the little critters too.

Friend of mine went to Socorro in Feb and got whales, hammerheads, whale sharks, mantas. It's the closer proximity which made it appealing. And it's a bit less remote which I have reasons to like as well. But the Galapagos would likely trump it otherwise I am sure!
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ok its time to revisit this thread. And it looks like it is time to open a serious discussion about Galapagos! So I'll do that next.

A few updates:

1. The Bonaire peeps want to continue our Bonaire Tradition so we'll do it again in 2013. It will be April 20-27th, 2013. (I will add this to the calendar for 2013 planning purposes!)

2. We are most likely NOT going to do Cozumel in 2013...just so we can offer some newer destinations and offer it in 2014.

3. We ARE going to offer NC in 2013... I am working on dates but we may do it over the 4th of July again!

4. We will still offer our awesome Atocha trips but our wonderful Atocha Queen Sylvia aka Catfish may lead them so we can offer another trip during that timeframe.

5. Maldives and Lembeh air contracts are being negotiated so we expect to have something in a week or so. In the meantime we have some spots on hold for those wanting to do Siren Indo and I'll post that shortly.

6. We can easily offer Cooper River as it is only 6 spots unless we do not fill the trip this year.

7. Our friends at Grand Cayman would love to have us back and I'll start a thread to see who would be interested in that.

8. I have had serious requests for Belize for non-NYE timeframe, Galapagos, Cuba (yes I now know how to legally run a trip there) and for Barbados (no lionfish) Dominica (no lionfish) and a lionfish HUNTING TRIP to kill them. This could be Mayaguana or Roatan.

More soon....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Ok so the calendar looks like this so far....

2013 FIRM CALENDAR SO FAR:

Dec 26 - Jan 2: San Salvador
Feb 15-17, 2013 OWU IL Consumer Show (yes if no travel overlap to Maldives)
Feb 20-Mar 2, 2013 Maldives
Mar 3/4 to 12/13, 2013 Lembeh
Mar 22-24, 2013 BTS NJ Consumer Show
Apr 20-27, 2013 Bonaire

ON THE LIST BUT DATES NOT SET:

1. NC Wreck & Shark Diving (probably July 4th timeframe)
2. Atocha Spanish Galleon Treasure Diving (probably mid to late July)

formerly...

#37 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Ok its time to revisit this thread. And it looks like it is time to open a serious discussion about Galapagos! So I'll do that next.

5. Maldives and Lembeh air contracts are being negotiated so we expect to have something in a week or so. In the meantime we have some spots on hold for those wanting to do Siren Indo and I'll post that shortly.

8. I have had serious requests for Belize for non-NYE timeframe, Galapagos, Cuba (yes I now know how to legally run a trip there) and for Barbados (no lionfish) Dominica (no lionfish) and a lionfish HUNTING TRIP to kill them. This could be Mayaguana or Roatan.

More soon....

ANXIOUSLY awaiting the posting of the Maldives/Lembeh to finalize additional plans for Raja Ampat. Would also like to do CUBA, but need time to recoup. The first part of November would be prime.

I would like to suggest a future trip to Tubbataha Reef [Phillipines], possibily 2015 or 2016. WWD&S charters book well in advance. I'd also want to extend this trip to include other parts of the Phillipines.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#38 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Please add Cocos Island, Costa Rica, to the "possibles" list.

Thanks

Susan

#39 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

I just found something very special In the Bay of Naples you can dive an Archeological park It is a roman city with villas temples etc..look it up it is Baia and they have a dive organization that seems to have the permission doi g it! There are caves around that place and spending the week in Naples would be pleasant???
Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#40 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Not quite for 2013, but this is on my bucket list, the South Africa Sardine Run..

http://www.grindtv.c...ing spectacles/

#41 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

As much as Mayaguana could use a Lionfish hunting expedition... It is a long way from a hospital if someone has a reaction to getting stung.

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

I just found something very special In the Bay of Naples you can dive an Archeological park It is a roman city with villas temples etc..look it up it is Baia and they have a dive organization that seems to have the permission doi g it! There are caves around that place and spending the week in Naples would be pleasant???
Liz

Is the water cold? Naples would be LOVELY!

formerly...

#43 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:Solo, EAN
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Not quite for 2013, but this is on my bucket list, the South Africa Sardine Run..

Three more days until I leave for the run!Posted Image

#44 InfoSecDVR

InfoSecDVR

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Last year I went with a group to Saba and loved it. We stayed on the island at Juliana's and dove each day with Sea Saba. I found the deep water pinnacles spectacular! I also loved the diversity of marine life and underwater geological seascape. As a bonus, we went in Oct when they are having "Sea and Learn" where they bring in marine biologists and species experts to give presentations at night after diving.
On one day, we got to dive with the "frog fish expert" who showed us the characteristics of frog fish and how to spot them. Later that night we got to her her great presentation on different kinds of frog fish and research she is doing. Another day we assisted in marking some garden eels so their movements could be measured.
I really saw it as a bonus. Great diving during the day and then learning more about conservation at night. I really enjoyed it.
Perhaps you should consider a trip to Saba in Oct as a new one time destination for 2013.
Just a thought.
InfosecDVR
I don't care what you do for a living, I don't care what kind of car you drive.....
What I want to know right now is what do you believe in?
What does it mean to you to be alive?
-DH

#45 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Three more days until I leave for the run!Posted Image

Let us know how your trip went! I'd love to hear where you stayed, who you dive with, etc. Have fun!!!
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users