• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

San Antonio, June 7-9?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billsoccer

billsoccer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox and Dry Suit
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Will be in the area these days. On the wild chance that anyone might be interested in going diving, holler back at me. I'd be willing to provide transportation for 1-2.
I have about 80 dives in and do most of my diving in cold water - would be up for anything within recreational limits.

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Most divers go to Lake Travis in the San Antonio or Austin area. Not sure of water temps in early June...but hopefully you'll get a taker or two! How have you been doing? Are you in SA for work or fun? kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 billsoccer

billsoccer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox and Dry Suit
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Just looking for a dive buddy!

Most divers go to Lake Travis in the San Antonio or Austin area. Not sure of water temps in early June...but hopefully you'll get a taker or two! How have you been doing? Are you in SA for work or fun? kamala

#4 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Lake Travis is unfortunately really low still, from what I have been hearing. It was pretty much not diveable all summer last year. The Windy Point owner made some makeshift stairs to get down to the water level. some of my club mates that actually tried to dive there said all the platforms were out of the water and it was a very strange dive experience. Not to mention a lot of work to haul gear to and from the water. According to this website, it's still close to 40 below normal levels:

http://travis.uslakes.info/Level.asp

Canyon Lake is close to the San Antonio area, and I dove there a couple years ago. A weird experience for sure. Milky water, low vis, and no designated dive area. There were tons of boats buzzing around and I observed more than one blantantly disregard the presence of the dive flag. You had to be careful to get back close to shore before surfacing. But...there is a cool wall to explore, some decent sized catfish, and some sunken things like a motorcycle and an old truck. If you can find them :) And don't get caught in the trees or get your ear bitten by the perch-iranha!!

Could always dive the Comal or Guadalupe rivers! 70 degree clear water, anyway!

Hope you find a buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users