• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Change to Premier and Above PM Notification Settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello to all of our valued members! There are several initiatives Kamala has authorized which are about to be introduced. They are designed to make the site easier to use (especially for newer members).

First out of the chute will be to re-establish the existing email notification system that announces receipt of a private message (PM). The functionality is pretty much identical to Facebook's email notice for Wall posts and replies. This feature is only available for Premier Members and other advanced groups on the site, and is invaluable when managing the Trip Sign-Up process from payments to paperwork to assisting with flight and other travel arrangements.

We have determined that a large number of newcomers to SingleDivers.com sign up immediately for one (or more!) of the SingleDivers.com upcoming Trips. However, because some have opted to disable the PM notification feature when setting up their Profile, they are consequently unaware of the important trip related information we are sending them via the PM system. Unless the user happens to log in to the site frequently they are unaware of the trip-related information we are trying to pass along in the PM. Re-establishing email notifications resolves the current shortfall and ensures timely contact with Trip attendees.

SingleDivers.com users who log in to the site frequently and find the email notifications excessive can turn off the notifications easily via their personal control panel. Those who are unsure of the steps may receive help from admin@singledivers.com if needed. If you ARE a "Power User" who had disabled notifications with an understanding of what this entails, and yet suddenly have resumed receiving those notifications, this is why. We apologize in advance to those users, but due to the scale of this effort it would be impractical to attempt research to determine who is likely to be better served with PM notification left off.

Stay tuned for more projects and initiatives designed to make SingleDivers.com easier to use and more fun!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

We have an awesome group of cyberelves....without them all (current and past) we'd not be here today. :respect:

Thanks for working so hard to help make the site easier to use! :cool1:

p.s. If any power users need help in turning the auto notification off please contact admin@singledivers.com and the gang will be more than happy to help you do so! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

:thankyou: Brad! Everything you do for SD is very much appreciated!! :clapping:
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

:thankyou: Brad! Everything you do for SD is very much appreciated!! :clapping:

You are so sweet, Ellen! :angel2: But I have to admit I was tasked merely with drafting the announcement; our own Sha aka shadragon gets the credit and the kudos for this facet of the new features process! :cool1:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users