• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Membership question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

My subscription says I'm a Premier Member until 12/2/13. Seems I've lost those privileges and cannot PM privately about it. Can't see my own profile to update my dives, either.

Am I persona-non-grata around here now, just because I stopped volunteering as a TC?
Posted Image

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Checking your account...will advise.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

My subscription says I'm a Premier Member until 12/2/13. Seems I've lost those privileges and cannot PM privately about it. Can't see my own profile to update my dives, either.

Am I persona-non-grata around here now, just because I stopped volunteering as a TC?

Tammy while we were very disappointed that you resigned as a trip coordinator, we understand that the private trips you've been co-sponsoring, promoting and/or organizing, are in conflict with your responsibilities as a TC to SingleDivers.com. As offered before if you wish to work with our resell/wholesale arm we'd be happy to help you leverage our industry contacts/clout as well as save you money on your bookings since we are not providing a group leader, nor guaranteeing the trip runs nor paying for unsold spots. By working together we both win.

As yo personally know we pay our TC's with comp'd membership dues, free dive trips and any other perks we can, including giving them a complementary membership for approx 6 months after they have stepped down as our way of saying "thank you" for the hard work they have done as a volunteer for our site. However this is contingent upon following our TOS which it has come to my attention you have violated most recently by circumventing our membership requirements in order to connect divers for the sole purpose of a personal commercial transaction. As a moderator for the site you are aware of our rules and community guidelines.

That being said many of our current mods/admins who have replaced you after you resigned are still fairly new and may have proceeded to downgrade your membership and have not yet sent you a courtesy notice.

I will review the matter with our mods/admins and advise you further. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

it has come to my attention you have violated most recently by circumventing our membership requirements in order to connect divers for the sole purpose of a personal commercial transaction.

I'm sure I have not used SD.com nor your FB page to connect divers for a personal commercial transaction. Yes, I dive without SD, as do many of your members. Yes, I post on FB when & where I'm diving and ask if anyone else wants to go. That does not violate your TOS.

If you are talking about a member who recently posted on a FB group I'm a member of to sell a spot on one of your trips due to a medical emergency -- I posted a very positive reply about my two trips there with your group, and then someone contacted ME about it to ask questions about the island and the diving there. Again, not done on your site or your FB page. The two people in question are both members of SD so there is no membership circumvention, and my role was to answer questions and make sure they knew the other party would be off the grid for a few days in the hospital. The hospitalized member should be back on the grid tomorrow or Monday, and contacting you if they came to any type of agreement.

What TOS have I violated?
Posted Image

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Tammy, Kamala concurs with this reply to your request for proof of your TOS violation. As a newly appointed Moderator I apologize for not finding time to more promptly provide the customary courtesy notice advising you of the violation.

When you wrote above:

I'm sure I have not used SD.com nor your FB page to connect divers for a personal commercial transaction

Here are excerpts of an email from you sent Sept 8th:

To: [removed]
Sent: 08 September 2012 - 11:01 AM
From IP: 72.135.107.175

Hi! I noticed your post [removed] about [removed] for sale on SingleDivers.com. Since neither of you are Premier Members, you cannot email or send Private Messages. So, as a Moderator on the board, I have the ability to send you an email (though I cannot see your email address), and decided I would act as an intermediary for you.

[block of text removed]

If you want to talk to [removed] about it, his phone number is: (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I have texted him and told him that I've emailed his phone number to you. You can call or text him if you like. If you prefer that he doesn't have your phone number and to communicate via email, please reply to this so I can then forward it to his email. Then he will have your email address to respond to, and you guys can work without a middle-woman! LOL

Hope you buy it [removed] it's a nice [removed] !

~ Tammy, aka Landlocked Dive Nut

This personal commercial transaction that you helped to broker using your MOD privileges circumvents SD's privileged membership requirements and so violates the website TOS guidelines.

Here you say:

If you are talking about a member who recently posted on a FB group I'm a member of to sell a spot on one of your trips due to a medical emergency -- I posted a very positive reply about my two trips there with your group, and then someone contacted ME about it to ask questions about the island and the diving there. Again, not done on your site or your FB page. The two people in question are both members of SD so there is no membership circumvention, and my role was to answer questions and make sure they knew the other party would be off the grid for a few days in the hospital. The hospitalized member should be back on the grid tomorrow or Monday, and contacting you if they came to any type of agreement.

We appreciate your efforts to help members on the site, and in particular the member in question who continues to suffer through a very difficult time. That said, helping a Premier Member sell their seat on a SingleDivers.com trip (which you admit was done outside the SD site or SD FB site to accomplish) is one thing. Using the TC/MOD position privileges after resigning from same position to connect two non-premier members IS a violation and one we have documented as having committed before. We regret we did not discover this earlier and address it sooner but as a seasoned Moderator on the site you are expected to know better and act accordingly.

As to your question:

What TOS have I violated?

After discussing this with Kamala I agree this open topic in an inappropriate place to continue this line of discussion. Therefore we are going to move this off the board. If you still wish additional information regarding TOS violations, Kamala or I will provide that information through more appropriate channels to you.

On a personal note, it grieves me see you and Kamala part on such terms. You both, as well as the SingleDivers.com membership, have benefited from this synergistic relationship, and have come to know many many of the same friends in the SD.com community. I would like to see you continue to work together, but at this point it will be up to you to reconsider what I feel should be a more honest assessment of your position in these circumstances. Kamala has not banned you from the site, merely issued a downgrade from complimentary Premier to the Basic Member status. You are still welcome at this site as well as the SingleDivers.com Facebook Page sans any posts or efforts recruiting for your trips. We hope you accept this compromise in the spirit it is offered.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

No problem! Forgot about that. Considering both of you have my phone number, a call could have cleared that up right quick. Since I was trying to connect someone who had just returned from an SD trip, I should have been able to PM him with her information....but for some reason he got on the trip without a Premier membership.

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 14 September 2012 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Yes Tammy you have our telephone numbers too and I am surprised you did not call us when you discovered the problem with your account. We responded to your question via the format used to bring it to our attention.

As for someone not having their premier membership up to date on the Cayman Brac trip, I am also surprised you did not catch that since you were the TC for that trip however I also did not notice it either since he signed up so late.

I hope this answers your questions. As recommended by Brad, it would be best to move this discussion offline. I am closing the topic. If you wish to discuss this further please call me. :thankyou:

No problem! Forgot about that. Considering both of you have my phone number, a call could have cleared that up right quick. Since I was trying to connect someone who had just returned from an SD trip, I should have been able to PM him with her information....but for some reason he got on the trip without a Premier membership.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users