• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ARIZONA DIVERS

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Anyone from Arizona looking to go diving, drop me a line. I do go down to the Sea of Cortez on a fairly regular basis & can be talked into it very easily!!! In fact, I'm going this weekend!!! I do have access to a boat, though I am going out with a charter on this trip. C'mon, you know you wanna!!! :teeth:

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,686 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yea! My SW connection!!! Love it! (We should get some Happy Hours going in AZ too!!! Maybe we can get some of our other AZ divers to help you too! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yea! My SW connection!!! Love it! (We should get some Happy Hours going in AZ too!!! Maybe we can get some of our other AZ divers to help you too! :wakawaka:

I'm all in & loaded with nitrogen, at present!!! :lmao:

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,686 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Cool...sounds like a great plan! We use our regional forums to announce events and our facebook group(s)...and we are working on trying to get the database sorted so we can send out notices to all AZ members so they can know when events are. Its part of a new contact program that will come online this fall...so perfect timing!

Sometimes the first HH's are only 1 person but then they grow and if we keep them part of the site...they really blossom! :cool1:

We'll bounce some more ideas around soon.... :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Cool...sounds like a great plan! We use our regional forums to announce events and our facebook group(s)...and we are working on trying to get the database sorted so we can send out notices to all AZ members so they can know when events are. Its part of a new contact program that will come online this fall...so perfect timing!

Sometimes the first HH's are only 1 person but then they grow and if we keep them part of the site...they really blossom! :cool1:

We'll bounce some more ideas around soon.... :wakawaka:

:evilgrin:

#6 borntodiveit

borntodiveit

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi! Oh you R a dive bum : ) Lucky, have fun in Mexico. What town? Whale Sharks & mantas r more south in the spring, hey? But you'll for sure see grey & humpback whales. Gonna be awesome, dude!

Dorie

Anyone from Arizona looking to go diving, drop me a line. I do go down to the Sea of Cortez on a fairly regular basis & can be talked into it very easily!!! In fact, I'm going this weekend!!! I do have access to a boat, though I am going out with a charter on this trip. C'mon, you know you wanna!!! :teeth:/>

#7 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I must admit, I AM!!! Will work for compressed air...

I usually go to San Carlos. Sometimes, we run over to Baja. Have spent a lot of time between Mulege & Los Cabos diving, too. Yes, whale sharks & mantas are more south in the spring. They do make it farther north in the summer & fall months, however. It was a great trip. Great sites, great folks & great weather. The water was 87 in October.

Take care.

Hi! Oh you R a dive bum : ) Lucky, have fun in Mexico. What town? Whale Sharks & mantas r more south in the spring, hey? But you'll for sure see grey & humpback whales. Gonna be awesome, dude!

Dorie

Anyone from Arizona looking to go diving, drop me a line. I do go down to the Sea of Cortez on a fairly regular basis & can be talked into it very easily!!! In fact, I'm going this weekend!!! I do have access to a boat, though I am going out with a charter on this trip. C'mon, you know you wanna!!! :teeth:/>/>

#8 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I have been to San Carlos quite a bit and love it. The diving is ok for a local spot, the beauty is awesome. My favorite place is The Soggy Peso Bar. I want to camp in Hymalaya Bay, haven't been there yet but have a 4x4 truck and willing to go. Anyone interested let me know!! I have been to Cabo and La Paz and would be interested in going back to La Paz. I think the ferry goes across during the week from Guymas. La Paz was beautiful.
I have seen los of whales and dolphins in San Carlos, I think it was in October. I ususally go May, June. October. I have been in June and July but the jellyfish and Man o wars are bad at that time. - D :fish2:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#9 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

San Carlos was my first warm water diving experience. Remember the Poseidon's Mistress? I was on the trip prior to its demise, great ship, iffy captain. We also did a few hotel based trips and dove with Gary's Dive Shop. Haven't been there in years, would love to go back. We'll have to discuss a trip at the happy hour! I'd also like to get to La Paz; seems like we have some trips to discuss! Posted Image
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#10 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Been traveling to San Carlos & all over the Sea of Cortez since 1966. I have a boat down there called the "No Le Hace". I've done the majority of my diving in the Sea of Cortez. The diving out of San Carlos is actually quite good, once you get out of the "local" dive sites. Isla San Pedro Nolasco has a TON of great locations & the sea life can be abundant. Isla Acero, aka Piedra Blanca, is another very good site, farther North. LOVE the Soggy Peso!!! I used to get down to San Carlos about twice a month before I was married. My nephew, Lorenzo, has since taken over those duties. I'm working on re-establishing the frequency of my visits, as time goes on. My sons love it down there, too. I plan on ramping those visits back up. It's more difficult these days, however, as flight service has recently been suspended. Not familiar with Himalaya Bay. Is it known by another name???

I'm game to go down there any time. I also love the diving at Tortuga (on the Baja side), as well as all of the islands between Mulege & La Paz. The challenge with La Paz is that there is quite a long boat ride to get to the diving & fishing sites. Love the town. Once you leave La Paz, however, it's best to stay out. That is usually what I do when heading to San Carlos, as well, compressed air, permitting. I'm currently without a compressor on my boat, which we are working to rectify.

A little farther North, I also love San Pedro Martir.

Just my 2 psi.

Anyone interested, yet?!?!? :teeth:/>

#11 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

OH YEAH!! Looks like I may see San Carlos again after all! Posted Image Nothing better than a buddy who knows where he's going and is willing to let me tag along! Posted Image

Anyone interested, yet?!?!? Posted Image/>

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#12 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Any time anyone wants to go, just say the word!!! Schedule permitting, I'll go. It just depends on the kids' schedules. The water doesn't really turn until some time in June & stays warm well into October. During those months, I usually don't wear an exposure suit, at all, unless the aguamalas are around (jellyfish, which is fairly infrequent). Even then, a shorty will usually suffice. Usually, it's just don the BCD & go. The diving is pretty good, year round, though a 7mm is mandatory during the winter. The visibility also goes way down in the cold months, once the water turns green. We split the cost of the trip among whoever goes.

I do plan on getting down there as often as possible this summer. It would be great to get a group down there some time. The boat sleeps 7 plus crew, comfortably.

Any takers?!?!?

:cloud9:/>

#13 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Pick me! Pick me!!Posted Image

I do plan on getting down there as often as possible this summer. It would be great to get a group down there some time. The boat sleeps 7 plus crew, comfortably.

Any takers?!?!?

Posted Image/>

#14 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

OK, that's one...

:clapping:/>

0 user(s) are reading this topic