• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-01: Baltimore Dive Show Jan 25 & 26th

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

May be able to swing this. We'll see. :)/>

WOO! HOO!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

NOTICE FOR VOLUNTEER WORKERS:

Hey gang...if you are a volunteer worker you'll need to *try* and be at the show before it starts which is 5-8pm on Friday and 9-5pm on Saturday. When you arrive at the show call me at 864-557-6079 so I can get you in as a worker. You will get a badge with your name and you or I will tell the badge makers that you are a worker for the SingleDivers.com booth. (Please don't tell them this unless you are as they will check up on us.)

Then we'll have you help in the booth as well as take breaks to go check out the show! And remember if you find any travel deals...SD can not only book it for you but your premier membership discounts apply so we can do it for less! Membership DOES have rewards! ;)

p.s. Can anyone help on Friday? We are very shorthanded for Friday... :thankyou:

p.p.s. Hopefully everyone in the MD, VA area got our email giving you a 50% off coupon to come to the show. So even if you can't help just print the email and you'll get in for 50% off the normal $16 price of admission. :cool1:

p.p.s. Clint if you can make it then let me know and I will for sure get you in as a worker! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#33 tankboy26

tankboy26

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:are we supposed to keep track?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Kamala,I will be there friday BTY are you bringing shirts? I would love a new dive slut in xl. Will even give you cash money.Mike

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Mike I will bring shirts...and I need to get a quick recap of sizes. Not sure I have the SLUT shirt but if I do its probably in the larger sizes... :pray:

Did you ever get the PENETRATE shirt?

formerly...

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

ATTENTION MARYLAND LOCALS:

Guy aka DiveGuy has been scoping our HH places for us and found two irish pubs close by. Here is his intel... anyone able to add to it so we can pick a final locale for the Happy Hour??

http://www.tirnanogb...om/homepage.php [Has link on page for "Happy Hour"]

http://www.mickosheas.com/ (website under construction) [Live music]

Both are listed as $$. I'm guessing most people would head to the first because it sits on the harbor and closer to restaurants and such there. Mick's is just north of hotel and probably attracts more of a local crowd.

formerly...

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

T-SHIRT ALERT:

Hey gang we want all our volunteers to be in SD T-Shirts so let us know your size and specify "naughty" or "nice" or "either" for the t-shirt saying on the back. See below for several examples of "naughty".

I need to know your size and choice of color Black, Grey or Royal Purple and if you want Naughty or Nice or it doesn't matter!

Also I will be flying to the area TUESDAY AM so need this info ASAP! (Going to spend a few days with my soon to be 100 y/o grandmother! :cheerleader:

Naughty:

It will be long...
It will be hard...
There will be no withdrawel...
- Sir Winston Churchill 1942

"Who Knew He Was A ScubaDiver"

If I can't penetrate...
I'm almost as happy fooling around on the outside.

- Eric aka 6gill

"Now THAT'S A ScubaDiver!"

formerly...

#37 tankboy26

tankboy26

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Kamala, I will take a naughty. Size is xl but i am hoping to do better. Any place is ok for hh. Mike

#38 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I facebooked my 'enrollees" - stay tuned for their input on tshirt size and color.....as for me...decisions decisions....May I have the Churchill saying.....prefer Purple or black - but beggars cant be choosers...and well size...Small ...please......
NO COMMENTS TANK BOY - :diver:/> See ya SAT!!
Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I facebooked my 'enrollees" - stay tuned for their input on tshirt size and color.....as for me...decisions decisions....May I have the Churchill saying.....prefer Purple or black - but beggars cant be choosers...and well size...Small ...please......
NO COMMENTS TANK BOY - :diver:/> See ya SAT!!

Thanks Suzi...I'm flying 6am tomorrow so will leave the house at 3am so if you can get it to me tonight that will help. I'm going to spend a couple of days with my soon to be 100 y/o grandmom!

formerly...

#40 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Happy Birthday to your Grandma - Mine is 96 and going strong - 97 in May.....they've seen a lot in their lifetimes - enjoy your time together.
As for the shirts we are the Roatan Reconnected - Royal Purple Committee. XL, M and Small - "Penetration" - "NICE" and "no withdrawal", respectively
thanks!!!
Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Roger will do the best I can...thank you! kamala

p.s I love the idea of you all walking the show as well as working the booth. Will have to see how much solicitation you can do while walking...

NEWS FLASH!!!

Because we have a good core group of volunteers I have agreed to do a presentation on Sat at 11am. Just need to put something together and get it thrown into powerpoint. I do not have it installed on my new computer as I'm fighting my license and ability to re-install it. Having same problem with the trip listing done in publisher so fighting technology as we speak... :banghead:

formerly...

#42 tankboy26

tankboy26

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Dear Firewire,What could I add to your post?Look forward to seeing everyone Sat.,PS the rassle castle has not come yet ,me and the mrs. cant wait ,hope it comes with patgh kit.Mike

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

You will get 2 pkgs hopefully by Thursday. One will be the personal hyperbarics chamber and one will be a banner and some books on why personal H20 is paramount to a host of health concerns the biggest being inflammation*. If H20 is supplied when inflammation is first present it enables the body to heal rapidly and then DISSAPATE the inflammation rather then have the inflammation continue to damage the body while it attempts to heal and continues this destructive cycle. This is true in simple injury, disease, sroke, and all ailments that trigger an inflammation cycle as a result of injury, trauma or disease.

And the best part is as divers we already know and understand the power of oxygen and how even when diving nitrox we can increase the levels of 02 from 21% air to 32% or higher mixes and be able to increase the safety margin of our dives, or stay down longer, or with higher levels even still treat dcs aka the bends.

Now the power of oxygen therapy is not just for diving injuries but for almost anything where increased blood flow is beneficial. Tell me anything where increased blood flow full of rich 02 is not beneficial. The secret to 02 under pressure even those levels acheievable in a home environment is that OTHER fluids besides the blood can carry 02 to parts of the body that blood may not reach. WOW! That is huge!

My favorite example is cancer. We know that cancer thrives in an Anaerobic (devoid of oxygen) environment. So if one flooded their body with 02 that could now access more parts of their body due to being under pressure (even as little as a few psi) we could hyper-oxygenate our bodies. Now I can't guarantee that I won't get cancer but I just made my body a whole lot more resistant/inhospitable to it. See what mean?

If not come to the booth and find out more! It will be fun to learn together and personal chambers are NOW as little as $5000. WOW! that's affordable. :cool1:

*Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection; the aim being to remove harmful stimuli, including damaged cells, irritants, or pathogens - and begin the healing process.

When something harmful or irritating affects a part of our body, there is a biological response to try to remove it, the signs and symptoms of inflammation, specifically acute inflammation, show that the body is trying to heal itself. Inflammation does not mean infection, even when an infection causes inflammation. Infection is caused by a bacterium, virus or fungus, while inflammation is the body's response to it.

The word inflammation comes from the Latin "inflammo", meaning "I set alight, I ignite".

Inflammation is part of the body's immune response. Initially, it is beneficial when, for example, your knee sustains a blow and tissues need care and protection. However, sometimes inflammation can cause further inflammation; it can become self-perpetuating. More inflammation is created in response to the existing inflammation.

formerly...

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok it has become apparent that we have LOTS of confusion regarding the Happy Hour(s). Seems some think it is Friday and some think its Saturday.

So come to BOTH or one or the other! Who am I to stop a reason to have TWO HAPPY HOURS!!!

So Fridays' will be at one of the Irish Pubs listed and Saturdays will be at _____ TBA place suggested on Facebook.

So Clint hopefully you can still join us! So come do one or both Happy Hours! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#45 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm going to try to be there tomorrow but not sure how much help I'll be. Diagnosed with bursitis today and having a tough time walking. But I'll give the SD try. :-D

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users