• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What's your fail-safe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:32 AM

It's too early for the flu to be here, I thought, but my local, sometimes dive buddy came down so sick Sunday that he wouldn't answer his phone on Monday. Tried his cell, then his shop, then his house, then - his mom. She found him asleep at his house - one of the risks of of alone livers.

He finally got back to his store today, but when I went by to check on him, it took me but a few minutes before I started tallking him into closing and going home.

A cutomer of mine, whom I've known for 50 years since he was born, came by yesterday, and I thought about his extended hand before I shook it. Got to stock up on hand disenfectant!

I live so alone that one could call me a hermit, and I work flexible hours, but live at the family farm HQ . When my brother doesn't see my pickup move by lunch, he calls me. If I'm too sick to asnwer, he comes in the backdoor and hollars. I'll call my office to let them know I'm not coming in and to hold calls they would normally forward to my cell phone. I just don't call family, as they'll talk too much.

When my bro leaves for a trip, he tells his son and hired hand to make sure my pickup moves by lunch. I always advise family when I leave town for the weekend, where they can reach me and when I should be back. I may need to reinforce this system as I keep getting older? :lmao:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users