• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

GoPro Hero?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Here's a link to a lighting system for the GoPro that I thought was very :cool1:...

Light For Me GoPro Video Lighting System

The company that manufacturers the product is based out of Poland and it doesn't appear that there are many distributors in the USA. After studying the components, I realized that I could put together a similar lighting system purchasing individual components...a Goodman Handle with GoPro Adaptor from Nocturnal Lights, UltraLight Control Systems ball adapters and clamps and two UK Aqualite Video Lights, the same light used in the UKPRO POV Black Pak that your LDS recommeded. My initial impressions are that these lights are fantastic! I'm just not a fan of the aesthetic form of the camera and light mounted on opposite ends of the Flex Grip Video Arm in the UKPRO POV Black Pak. Functional with a nice case but not :cool1: enough for my tastes!

Still waiting on a few of the components to be shipped but I'll post a photo once everything is received and I've assembled it.

UPDATE: All the components have arrived and my rig is assembled and ready to go for the Maldives. I actually chose to purchase an ISAW A2 ACE Action Camera instead of the GoPro Hero 3. Read too many negative reviews of freezing problems with the new GoPros which scared me away. Here's a link to a photo of my kit.

Edited by Rumblebee, 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#17 shellig

shellig

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, Night Dive
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Kamala, sent you an e-mail, too. I want to order a GoPro HERO3: Black Edition with head strap and suction cup mount (if not included).
I have two friends who might also want a GoPro Silver. I will send you a follow up e-mail today. Can you send me pricing? I also posted because I was interested in the Sola light to use with this.
:)

#18 SeaDog12

SeaDog12

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Enriched Air/Wreck/Boat/Night/Photo/Nav
  • Logged Dives:92

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

1375272827[/url]' post='311233']
Kamala, sent you an e-mail, too. I want to order a GoPro HERO3: Black Edition with head strap and suction cup mount (if not included).
I have two friends who might also want a GoPro Silver. I will send you a follow up e-mail today. Can you send me pricing? I also posted because I was interested in the Sola light to use with this.
Posted Image

Did you see the video I took with the H3 black Ed Using a SOLA 2000 S/F. Flood for video and spot for looking. Almost too much at night. You could get by with a 1200 S/F. Trip status sea of Cortez I strongly recommend a red filter and polar pro has a macro/red filter combo lens that will greatly improve your small creature pics.

#19 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Well, I just earned enough points at work that they are now shipping me my own free Go Pro Hero 3+ black.

Now the question is how to start accessorizing it for my first dive trip with it this fall.

I'm thinking 2nd battery, red filter and light will be the places to start. LCD backpack? How about the dive case vs. the case provided with the camera?

#20 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Definitely get the LCD back and it will come with a cover since it's thick and will need a deeper case. Then add the red filter, I bought one from Backscatter. It really does make a huge difference. I found that the battery is good for an hour dive and then it's time for a recharge, so at least one more battery is advisable. Lights are a good idea as well - I'm sure Kamala will have thoughts and possibly a good deal for you on these items... Have FUN!
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#21 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

I agree definitely the LCD backpack and 2nd battery. Orcaman let me borrow his LCD backpack when we were in Dominica and they worked out really well, already had the red lense cover and 2nd battery. Actually did get some really good pictures. When I came back, I bought the LCD backpack and I also bought the macro lense. it comes in a combo with the red filter. Can't wait to use the new toys!

Edited by little mermaid, 06 September 2014 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users