• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Automated Booking System...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Its been a long time coming...
Its been way overdue...
And its been desperately NEEDED!!!

An AUTOMATED ONLINE TRIP BOOKING SYSTEM!!! :cool1:

We have partnered with a developer that will be designing our system for us. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us know what you want to see in this new system.

The more ideas the better...

Tell us what you want and what you need! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Here's a few things that jumped to mind that I would consider nice features...

#1 Online forms for the trip documents and rebate requests with e-signature capabilities.
#2 Build in rooming and diving preferences with user account setup on the website eliminating need to resubmit a survey for every trip taken. Just update preferences as necessary.
#3 Automated posting of sign up information into trip thread.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#3 HoustonAngelfish

HoustonAngelfish

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Thank God! I've considered leaving SD for several reasons,a major one being the booking process.after booking many trips by myself,with dive shops,SD and scuba agencies,by far SD is the worst to contend with.The process is complicated ,tedious and inefficient compared to others.I would like SD to provide a simple online booking application(no templates or cut and paste).In addition,i would like to have a credit card payment option with no paypal fee.The confirmation process of bookings,payments and documents received,takes way too long.Excluding weekends,I would like to see confirmation of the above within 24 hours.Omit passwords for the documents and trip updates and just open them up.Consider modeling your process on professional scuba agencies,if possible. Good Luck!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Thank you both for your input. We will be trying to accommodate as many of your requests as possible. Ideally it will be *everything to everyone* but realistically my goal is that it should be simpler and more automated prompting you to choose what is available and allowing you to make changes to your reservation online (up until a certain point) and of course simplify the document and payment processes when and where possible.

We know we have a big mountain ahead of us but it will be worth the climb!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users