• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Membership Renewal Process Stalled in Pending Status

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gatsby

Gatsby

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I finally figured out how to renew my membership (which was to just select a membership option, there is no "renew" button).

I went through and clicked pay through the gateway option (so I could pay by credit card).

I hadn't entered any information once the little window came up, but realized I needed to update my email address. I did so, and was logged out of the system.

I came back in, and went to get a new membership, and it shows a "pending" status on the one I started before I logged out and updated my email address.

So now, I can't go any farther.

Please help!

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hey Jason...we have 2 pending status's on the site. One happens when you chg your email and even then technically you should have rec'd an email asking if you approved the email change. Once you reply to the email it will update your pending/validating status automatically. If you did not get the email or it did not update it after replying to the email, we can just approve it for you. By the time you read this your account will be approved and out of THIS pending status.

The second "pending" status occurs when you upgrade your membership via our payment gateway. Since our payment portal/gateway is not real time like paypal...we have to wait for our accountant to approve your payment and then you'll show as a premier member. In this case your membership is pending the application of your payment. If you have not made your payment via the gateway go ahead and do so. If you have then as soon as our accountant is in the office and gets to membership payments...you'll be approved and good to go!

If nothing happens in a day or so since its coming up on the weekend...just let us know and I'll verify the payment and then approve the account. I am in NJ doing a diving tradeshow but will have a few hours of access here and there that I can check on a few things! We are THRILLED you are back again and we hope to see you on a trip soon as well as at the NEW ST LOUIS DIVE SHOW THIS FALL!!!! (Check out the trip listing in my signature line and then scroll down to the Oct events/trips and you'll see the details!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Gatsby

Gatsby

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Neither one of these describes or addresses my problem.

I have sent you an email on this.

I really would like to get this resolved today, as I don't login to the site very often, and it may be weeks before I get another chance to have time to upgrade my membership.

Hey Jason...we have 2 pending status's on the site. One happens when you chg your email and even then technically you should have rec'd an email asking if you approved the email change. Once you reply to the email it will update your pending/validating status automatically. If you did not get the email or it did not update it after replying to the email, we can just approve it for you. By the time you read this your account will be approved and out of THIS pending status.

The second "pending" status occurs when you upgrade your membership via our payment gateway. Since our payment portal/gateway is not real time like paypal...we have to wait for our accountant to approve your payment and then you'll show as a premier member. In this case your membership is pending the application of your payment. If you have not made your payment via the gateway go ahead and do so. If you have then as soon as our accountant is in the office and gets to membership payments...you'll be approved and good to go!

If nothing happens in a day or so since its coming up on the weekend...just let us know and I'll verify the payment and then approve the account. I am in NJ doing a diving tradeshow but will have a few hours of access here and there that I can check on a few things! We are THRILLED you are back again and we hope to see you on a trip soon as well as at the NEW ST LOUIS DIVE SHOW THIS FALL!!!! (Check out the trip listing in my signature line and then scroll down to the Oct events/trips and you'll see the details!)

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Jason I am sorry I did not see this earlier...I am in NJ at the largest US Dive Show and today was the first day of the show with yesterday being set up. Since we are an all volunteer site...aka a dive club on steroids, we do not have regular staff. Even our accountant is part time and technically retired but is a dear friend of mine and so has been helping me for the past several years.

I have replied to your email and as I understand it you were not able to make your membership payment however the system thinks you did and therefore your membership upgrade to premier is 'pending' until you do make your payment. By using one of our payment portal links and attempting the payment again...our accountant can then tell the forums' membership software that your payment is made and your premier membership will move from pending to complete.

If you want me to take your payment over the phone you can try to reach me via phone 864-557-6079 but the only time I'm not on the show floor is in the wee hours of the morning. I will available all day Monday to do the payment over the phone for you ...or you can click on the payment link in my signature and do it yourself. If the system asks for a trip number simply enter 1234. Thank you, Kamala

p.s. Once you make the payment via our portal we can tell the system your membership is paid and it will activate your premier membership. We sadly can not void the internal transaction that was created during the original attempt to do your membership upgrade/renewal so that you can do that process again. I hope this makes sense. Thank you, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users