• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AA & US Airways Merger News

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

I've been wondering how they were going to handle this whole frequent flier program merge..guess I can stop wondering...

From USAirways -

Alliances and codeshares
In early 2014, we'll be entering into a codeshare agreement with American, which means that you'll be able to seamlessly book travel throughout the US Airways and American network.

On March 31, 2014, we plan to join theoneworld® alliance, which means our Dividend Miles members can look forward to mileage earning and redemption opportunities, reciprocal elite benefits and lounge access on oneworld carriers. Some of these benefits will be phased in as we work toward full integration.

Through our membership with oneworld, we're also working to integrate into American's joint business agreements with British Airways, Iberia and Finnair – creating more options for travel and benefits.

Important things to keep in mind for upcoming travel
  • We'll be exiting Star Alliance on March 30, 2014. You'll be able to earn and redeem miles on Star Alliance carriers until that date. Any existing reservations for travel on a codeshare flight with a Star Alliance partner after March 30, 2014 are safe, however, you'll be rebooked with a new flight number from the carrier operating the flight and you'll no longer earn miles or receive Star Alliance Gold or Silver benefits.
  • We will no longer offer codeshare flights for sale with United Airlines after December 9, 2013 and with Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS after our exit from Star Alliance on March 30, 2014. Any existing reservations are safe, but you will not earn miles for flights on these carriers after March 30, 2014.
  • We plan to continue relationships with the following airlines, which means you'll be able to earn and redeem miles on these select partners even after we've exited Star Alliance: Aegean, Air China, Air New Zealand, Avianca, Ethiopian Airlines, Eva, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TAM, TAP and Turkish Airways.
  • As our agreement with United Airlines comes to a close, US Airways Club members will no longer have access to United Clubs after March 30, 2014. United Club members will no longer have access to the US Airways Club after that date as well.
  • US Airways customers with Star Alliance Gold status will no longer have access to Star Alliance lounges after March 30, 2014.

Edited by Sqbagal, 15 December 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#2 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

After protracted discussion with WW, I joined United's program last week, as a hedge, of sorts. We shall see...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

Looks like you'll have some choices and time to figure it out.

Thanks for the update Traci!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users