• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wetsuits for Women

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

I went to a couple of dive shops today to try on some wetsuits to see how they felt AND to see how easy they were to get into. I took my own skin to make it a tad easier also.

First, I tried the LavaCore Hooded long sleeve top and let me just say, the inside of that feels AWESOME! I did notice that their sizes run incredibly small! I had to go up 2 sizes. But very warm and comfy!

I then tried on a Henderson H2 Titanium which was very easy to get into. Problem was that they didn't have my size but just the size above mine and they were on clearance and getting rid of them. The guy at the shop told me that the 'upgrade' or next gen of that suit was the XSPAN Neo Sport wet suit. It is a lot cheaper than the H2 Titanium but it's made by the same company. I wonder if anyone has ever worn one of the XSPAN Neo Sport wetsuits and if so, what did you think about it? It's made by Henderson from what I understand but under the Neo Sport brand.

Yeah, that's why I've bought my suits through my local shops as opposed to internet options is because sizing is such a challenge. We are all built differently and since it doesn't seem to be universal, its definitely a case where you need to try on before you purchase.

#32 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hey Shelly,

I'm a little skeptical of the guy at the shop, as I'm thinking you are too since you put the word upgrade in quotes lol! My understanding is that the neosport line is the entry level line of Henderson. My trepidation lies in the fact that the dive shop guy told you that it's the upgrade, when it clearly is not? I don't know that a neopsort is any less quality or less functional than the Henderson line, but there is usually some qualitative compromise in the product if the same company is selling the product line for much less, otherwise they'd be undercutting themselves. Again, this is not to say that there is anything wrong with a Neosport. I would check another dive shop that has ample supply of both and ask them what the difference is between the two lines, and to explain the price differential.

I know I checked out neosport a few years ago when I was in the market for a wetsuit. Back then I decided against it. I'm trying to remember why, I think it had to do with a lack of good seals around the neck, wrists, and ankles. Also, back then I did some searches on reviews in it didn't come back favorably in terms of durability, but that may have changed since then.

But after all that, again the perfect fit is invaluable! Good luck.!

I went to a couple of dive shops today to try on some wetsuits to see how they felt AND to see how easy they were to get into. I took my own skin to make it a tad easier also.

First, I tried the LavaCore Hooded long sleeve top and let me just say, the inside of that feels AWESOME! I did notice that their sizes run incredibly small! I had to go up 2 sizes. But very warm and comfy!

I then tried on a Henderson H2 Titanium which was very easy to get into. Problem was that they didn't have my size but just the size above mine and they were on clearance and getting rid of them. The guy at the shop told me that the 'upgrade' or next gen of that suit was the XSPAN Neo Sport wet suit. It is a lot cheaper than the H2 Titanium but it's made by the same company. I wonder if anyone has ever worn one of the XSPAN Neo Sport wetsuits and if so, what did you think about it? It's made by Henderson from what I understand but under the Neo Sport brand.

Edited by jesterdiver, 09 February 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#33 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

How much bigger was the clearance suit? If you layer i.e. say lavacore under it or a vest...the next size may in fact be the right size for you.

I forgot to mention that the suit they had was a 3mm and I want a 5mm which was another reason I didn't buy it at $99! The fit was really an issue around the neck. It didn't fit against my skin and it also felt baggy in the crotch. But the 3mm was the real kicker as I think I would be wasting my money on a 3mm because I would then turn around and buy a 5mm.

Jester,
Yes, I'm also very sceptical and that is why I asked for other's input if anyone owned a NeoSport. Being that it's cheaper and the same maker, I would think that it's because it's less quality or not as good as the Henderson line. It's good to get this information now though because as I've told Kamala, I'm not in a hurry to get one right now. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users