• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey Happy Hour 21 February 2014

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

More reasons why I may crash your party in AZ! :ninja:/>

Besides you'll be planning around the sun come summertime and your 110 degree hell heat all week long! :evilgrin:/> We have these things called trees, shade, and ocean breezes to cool us off! And yeah the snow can be a bummer, but nothing a trip to the mountain, a pair of skis, and a stiff cocktail can't fix! No kids I don't drink and ski! Only at the top and the bottom of the runs :lmao:/>

I'm tired of the Arizona contingency having all the fun LOL!
And the amazing weather - mid 80s all week. Don't have to plan around sunshine Posted Image

#17 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Our summer temps aren't all that bad (it's a dry heat) - it's how we weed out the week and scare the snowbirds back to their nests! :cool2:/> And...A/C rules! In the car, the house, work, malls, etc.

Crash away, if you dare :2cool:/> It'd be great to hear about all the fun Tim & I missed....

More reasons why I may crash your party in AZ! :ninja:/>/>

Besides you'll be planning around the sun come summertime and your 110 degree hell heat all week long! :evilgrin:/>/> We have these things called trees, shade, and ocean breezes to cool us off! And yeah the snow can be a bummer, but nothing a trip to the mountain, a pair of skis, and a stiff cocktail can't fix! No kids I don't drink and ski! Only at the top and the bottom of the runs :lmao:/>/>

And the amazing weather - mid 80s all week. Don't have to plan around sunshine Posted Image

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#18 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

:lmao:/> Traci, you and I absolutely must meet!! And the thing with cold and heat, I can just add layers and be just fine outside in the cold, but there's only so much I can take off outside when it gets hot before I would end up in jail or just really awkward sun burns :cool2:/>

Our summer temps aren't all that bad (it's a dry heat) - it's how we weed out the week and scare the snowbirds back to their nests! Posted Image/> And...A/C rules! In the car, the house, work, malls, etc.

Crash away, if you dare Posted Image/> It'd be great to hear about all the fun Tim & I missed....

More reasons why I may crash your party in AZ! Posted Image/>/>

Besides you'll be planning around the sun come summertime and your 110 degree hell heat all week long! Posted Image/>/> We have these things called trees, shade, and ocean breezes to cool us off! And yeah the snow can be a bummer, but nothing a trip to the mountain, a pair of skis, and a stiff cocktail can't fix! No kids I don't drink and ski! Only at the top and the bottom of the runs Posted Image/>/>

#19 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Ever heard of sunscreen? Maybe you could get Tim to apply it for you. Posted ImageI'll be in Baltimore in June, maybe we can figure out something then since the fates keep us from diving together sooner....
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#20 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200-300+

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hey folks -- sorry I have been MIA; the last couple weeks have been a bit trying, but I'm starting to come up for air.

Suzi, Jose, and I are still planning to meet tomorrow evening, and would welcome anyone else who wants to come. There is the possibility of some crazy weather tomorrow (flooding?) so if you're thinking about attending, you might want to send one of us a phone # so we can text you if we have to cancel. Although we all have snorkels... right? Posted Image

#21 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

:lmao:/> Yeah i'ld let Tim apply it but he gets too touchy feely for me :o/>! Baltimore in June huh, invading the East coast, that may work! Are you doing any other trips in 2014?

Ever heard of sunscreen? Maybe you could get Tim to apply it for you. :lmao:/>I'll be in Baltimore in June, maybe we can figure out something then since the fates keep us from diving together sooner....

#22 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hey Kate I'm glad things are calming down for you. :respect:/>

I'm bringing my dive gear in the trunk, a little flooding won't stop me, we're divers for god's sake! I'm :diver:/>to Happy Hour if I have to! Looking forward to it!

Hey folks -- sorry I have been MIA; the last couple weeks have been a bit trying, but I'm starting to come up for air.

Suzi, Jose, and I are still planning to meet tomorrow evening, and would welcome anyone else who wants to come. There is the possibility of some crazy weather tomorrow (flooding?) so if you're thinking about attending, you might want to send one of us a phone # so we can text you if we have to cancel. Although we all have snorkels... right? Posted Image

#23 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Theoretically, I'll be in the Maldives in April ( at this point I'll believe it after I've gotten back)...and hoping to do Little Cayman over Labor Day...and then Fiji in March 2015. Everything else is still up in the air. You?

Are you doing any other trips in 2014?

#24 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Little Cayman and Fiji are both on my list with Galapagos in between! Looks like we'll bump into each other after all! :2cool:/>

Theoretically, I'll be in the Maldives in April ( at this point I'll believe it after I've gotten back)...and hoping to do Little Cayman over Labor Day...and then Fiji in March 2015. Everything else is still up in the air. You?

#25 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Careful with the "bumping" - Tim will get jealous! :evilgrin:/> :D/>

Little Cayman and Fiji are both on my list with Galapagos in between! Looks like we'll bump into each other after all! :2cool:/>/>

#26 Inacio

Inacio

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

So like count me in for tomorrow! I'll try to be there as close to 6:00 as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Brad for helping us make this happen! It was short notice and we were still able to muster four of us. The venue was great, thanks Suzi! Also thanks Kate for leading the charge, it was great meeting you. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! After all the miserable weather we've been enduring lately, it's just been a tough winter and I think we were all read for a good time, and I for one had a great time! Posted Image

After my first HH I learned a few things:

1. We have to do more of these soon!Posted Image

2. One bottle of wine per person at a byob is nowhere near enough Posted Image
  • scubaclint likes this

#28 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200-300+

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Brad for helping us make this happen! It was short notice and we were still able to muster four of us. The venue was great, thanks Suzi! Also thanks Kate for leading the charge, it was great meeting you. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! After all the miserable weather we've been enduring lately, it's just been a tough winter and I think we were all read for a good time, and I for one had a great time! Posted Image

After my first HH I learned a few things:

1. We have to do more of these soon!Posted Image

2. One bottle of wine per person at a byob is nowhere near enough Posted Image

I fully concur with Jose's sentiments!

Seriously, that was the hardest I've laughed in a hundred years, I think. Hanging with y'all was like a big dose of sunshine after a long, snowy few weeks! Can't wait to do it again. :)

#29 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hey Kate, it was great meeting you and I'm glad you had a good time also! Kamala gets mad at me when I scare off new members :lmao:/>! Suzi and I are heading off with Kamala to Maldives next week, but the week we get back is BTS, so I hope to see you there at the Happy Hour and Singledivers booth!

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

WOW! Sounds like you all had a blast! :cool1:

And YES I'll be at BTS which has its own HH and several chances to hang out on other nights as well. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users