• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How did you get into Scuba Diving?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 texasmermaid

texasmermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:158

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

2 words  NEOPRENE FETISH!!  :fish:

Funny, this very expression came up in a conversation this weekend... :fish2:

Do tell!

I would tell you but I want Santa to come to my house this year... :anna:
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!

#62 rbs262

rbs262

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:00 PM

Ever since I was a kid, I would see divers in a river in FL near where my relatives lived. It was a place we visited every year and I would always see divers and wish I could see the river the same way they did. Finally, finally, I managed to find time and circumstance to try it myself. I haven't been the same since.....

#63 Bluewater

Bluewater

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:ow
  • Logged Dives:15

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

jextract,Maroon Bells is in CO. Awsome area. When I lived in Leadville,CO I hiked and camped in that area many times. As for getting into diving it was Jacques Cousteu and the two dudes that came out of the surf when I was fishing in Oregon. I was about 12 and all of a sudden I see these two sea creatures come out of the water. Scared me to death. After I gained my composure my dad and I talked to them for awhile and I thought that is way cool.Never forgot that day and with more Jacques Cousteau speacials on tv,while in high school I took my lessons.
[COLOR=blue]

#64 pam_b

pam_b

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:47 PM

You Rock Sue B  :2cool:

B2B

Patty Smythe is my alter ego. :cool2:

#65 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:52 PM

jextract,Maroon Bells is in CO. Awsome area. When I lived in Leadville,CO I hiked and camped in that area many times.

Indeed it is! My mom lives five or ten minutes from there, in town (near lift 1A, if you know where that is). Here's another shot of it:
http://singledivers....ds/IMG_0697.JPG
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#66 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:54 PM

2 words  NEOPRENE FETISH!!  :teeth:

Funny, this very expression came up in a conversation this weekend... :cool2:

Do tell!

I would tell you but I want Santa to come to my house this year... :anna:

It's already WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to late for that! Then again, Santa's so jolly because he knows where the naughty girls live!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#67 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:57 PM

jextract,Maroon Bells is in CO. Awsome area. When I lived in Leadville,CO I hiked and camped in that area many times.

Indeed it is! My mom lives five or ten minutes from there, in town (near lift 1A, if you know where that is). Here's another shot of it:

Great shot of the bells! I've done both of them. The south is the tougher of the two. The north looks tough as you go right up the face it's a bit of scramble and steep but nothing technical. I've also done Pyramid right across the valley. Got to watch out for the people above sending loose rock down.

#68 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

ZD's gonna kill me, but here's another shot (stitched) that might look familiar:
http://singledivers....aroonBells2.jpg

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 December 2004 - 02:57 PM

Here's another shot of it:

Gorgeous...and the mountains aren't bad either! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#70 TatonkaDive

TatonkaDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:04 PM

Actually, that pic was taken recently near the Maroon Bells, if you know where that is.

I used to love hiking Maroon Bells back I when I lived in CO!
Stay wet!
tatonkadive

#71 TatonkaDive

TatonkaDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

I thought this would be an interesting subject to share with all, tell us how did you get into  Scuba Diving?

Back on topic though, I too used to love watching Jacques Cousteau...as well as Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and of course the Muppet Show. BUT I didn't dive until much later when I was doing a long distance relationship thing (between Houston and Charleston, SC) and we decided to take a trip to Cancun and each get certified before arriving there.

Well, I got certified just in time, and she didn't. And despite having both regulators fail on my first dive out of certification (and on a night dive at that), I was hooked. I wanted to go on more dives during the week and she wanted none of it. I decided then that we weren't meant to be (and not just because of the diving) and so we broke up half way through the vacay. Actually it turned out to be a great vacay, and we got along much better during the rest of the week.

...and I think I went on 4 more day dives and another night dive under a full moon and a clear sky...regulators intact!

Edited by TatonkaDive, 10 December 2004 - 04:19 PM.

Stay wet!
tatonkadive

#72 densha99

densha99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:49 PM

Actually 2 things stand out.... well I will stick with just one and save the neoprene fetish for another post, or maybe just another thread that is more on topic :lmao:
I have had a GREAT buddy (FIXXERVI6 on scubaboard) whom I have gotten into all kinds of trouble.... he was first in developing a scuba addiction and then harassed me for-ever about getting certified.
This summer I grabbed a trip to Thailand with another buddy of mine for almost 3 weeks. On the plane we looked at each other and were like, "so, what do you want to do?" We had not really made any reservations or anything so it was supposed to be pretty free flow. I was like, lets find an island, get certified and just dive and chill.... and the rest is pretty much history. Now I have a garage full of scuba toys (no pun intended, but they did come from there) and fixxer and I now suppress our DTs by doing night swamp dives here in Texas. Hi my, name is Kevin and I am addicted to multiple atmospheres... :lmao:
"I would love to be called a Wreck Diver, but really I am just a diver who is a wreck."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users