• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hi to all from a Florida diver

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 scubablu

scubablu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Scuba Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi everyone.
I am new to singledivers.com but not to the sport. I have been diving for many years - i have a PADI instructor cert. and have logged over 100o dives.
I've been blessed to experience amazing diving all over the world. Very hard to pick a favorite but Australia and Tonga are a couple of my favorites.
I live on the west coast of FL but tend to drive over to West Palm Beach for most of my local diving. (great drift diving)
A relationship ended recently for me and with it my dive buddy. I found this site and thought... well when one door closes another one opens! Looking forward to a trip in the not too distant future!

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hello Barry aka scubablu and welcome aboard! You will find an active community of buddyless divers here, and we look forward to hearing from you around the Forums. The best way to get the ball rolling is review Kamala's List of Upcoming Trips Topic!! Oh and remember our organization's motto, "Our Hookups are to Tanks". :respect: It really is all about the diving with us. We hope you choose a trip to join us soon! :diver:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,754 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

:hiya:/> Barry and :welcome:/> to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com. You will find a wonderful assortment of topics, friends and hopefully many new dive buddies :teeth:/> Kamala puts together the best trips and with your experience and diving travels, you will be a great addition to the forums. Hop on in the water is warm and I am sure the FL divers in your area will chime in. Hope you are on one of the fabulous trips soon.

#4 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Welcome.
South east Florida is the best place to dive, but please keep that a secret.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

Ho Barry... :welcome: and we hope you'll join us on one of our 18 trips a year. If you are still current teaching and would like to help on our trips...drop me a line. We never ask our dive pros to work for free nor do we ask them to dive with a new diver unless the diver has opted for our paid Rent-A-Buddy (Pro) mentoring program. That is why we have such a high percentage of pros as part of our community!

So splash around the forums and let's talk when you can and I'm not traveling. We are really happy you found us and I look forward to meeting you soon..hopefully diving! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 scubablu

scubablu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Thanks to all for the warm (water!!) welcome. A trip is definitely in my future!
divemasterdewey is right -- SE FL diving is superb!! (oops - I was supposed to keep that a secret!)

#7 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

:welcome:/> aboard Barry... The trips are great and the people are even better! Just a lot of like minded individuals doing what they love most, diving! As you probably already saw, there's a huge amount of great trips all over the world, my biggest problem is picking which ones to do first! :teeth:/>

#8 Diesel

Diesel

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100 Plus

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

Hey Scubablu,

Welcome to the boards. I am actually in West Palm myself. Next time you are coming over here let me know. It's great to have a new member on the boards.

#9 scubablu

scubablu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

Thx Diesel!
I was actually thinking of heading over there in a few weeks. I usually go out with Scuba Club or Little Deeper but have gone with others as well.
I'll let you know!

#10 Diver Phil

Diver Phil

Getting started

• Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW&EAN
  • Logged Dives:55+

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Welcome to the site Barry. I hope to move back to FL here soon, but I won't know for a liittle while longer. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Tampa. Hopefully to see you for a happy hour or on a trip someday!

#11 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

hmmm.... the wind rustling the leaves sounds just like .....

time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour .....

#12 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Maybe some enterprising, savvy SE Florida member should pick up the cyber baton and rustle us up a Happy Hour. :teeth: *climbs out of leaf pile* Jeez, that took long enough! Thought I was going to have to shuffle around in there all night before Alan heard me...

hmmm.... the wind rustling the leaves sounds just like .....

time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour ..... time for a se Florida happy hour .....

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#13 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Saturday, April 19 at 3 pm after we all get dried off after diving Blue Heron Bridge.

But where ????????

Oh... and before that, at 10:45, we'll dive Blue Heron Bridge.

#14 Diver Phil

Diver Phil

Getting started

• Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW&EAN
  • Logged Dives:55+

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Ahh I wish I could go. I did my OW check out dives at Blue Heron :)

#15 scubablu

scubablu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Welcome to the site Barry. I hope to move back to FL here soon, but I won't know for a liittle while longer. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Tampa. Hopefully to see you for a happy hour or on a trip someday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users