• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where is everyone diving this weekend!!??

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:16 PM

BTW - this Friday I'm taking my brother snorkeling with the Manatee's in Crystal River if anyone wants to join me drop me an email at LJMONGY@hotmail.com. :teeth:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#47 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

Oh guess what, my mother visited (and finally dove our cold waters) a couple weekends ago and sprung on me that she had retired and is in the process of building a home in the Crystal River area where she'll then move to. I'll soon have a Florida home base to then visit often! Wha-hoo!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#48 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:27 PM

The springs are still chilly for me, but got to be warm water for you. Look forward to having you join us in the Florida events.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#49 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

Well, let us know when you visit, cause we wanna dive with you too.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#50 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:31 PM

Oh guess what, my mother visited (and finally dove our cold waters) a couple weekends ago and sprung on me that she had retired and is in the process of building a home in the Crystal River area where she'll then move to. I'll soon have a Florida home base to then visit often! Wha-hoo!

Nicolle,

do you cave dive? lots of good cave diving in that area.

of course, it's not a big drive to the ocean either.

:elf:
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#51 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:27 PM

No cave diving yet, but I want to. I have dove Crystal River before, done some of the the local caverns, snorkeled with the manatees...etc. I am, however, very interested in Ginnie Springs, which I understand is within driving distance from there and you have to hold certain qualifications to dive many of the sites?

The manatee snorkels were very unique though!
Posted Image
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#52 dive_addict

dive_addict

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:2.7

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:53 PM

Well, I'm diving Monterey this weekend.
Life's a beach, then you dive!

#53 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:43 AM

grrrrrrrr :welcome:

#54 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:05 AM

No cave diving yet, but I want to. I have dove Crystal River before, done some of the the local caverns, snorkeled with the manatees...etc. I am, however, very interested in Ginnie Springs, which I understand is within driving distance from there and you have to hold certain qualifications to dive many of the sites?

there are dozens of springs in the area, Ginnie is prolly one of the most well known.

like all the sites, they require cavern cert to do cavern, and cave cert to dive the cave. i think there is some openwater diving at Ginnie.

some of the springs don't have/aren't big enough do do open water.

some people don't like Ginnie because you have to pay to get in.

a lot of the springs in the Luraville area are free. some are owned by clubs.

Little River is run by the county and is free. they recently completed a renovation of the park, and the area/access to the springs is very nicely done. Royal Springs is currently closed for the same type of renovation.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users