• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Do you tip your personal trainer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maria

Maria

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

Hi all,

I just got a new membership at a gym and they give you three free sessions with a personal trainer. Every time I have used one, I've paid for the session.

So, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tip the trainer because I'm not paying for the session, and if yes, then how much?

Thanks for any help I can get.

:evilgrin:
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#2 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:29 PM

I don't, but on occasion I'll toss some tickets his way (my company has great seats for everything at Staples Center).
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#3 Scubaman

Scubaman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

:thankyou: If you are paying for the session and having done personal training for a period of my life tipping is appreciated. I always felt that i was doing a service for the client that was employing me for the 30 minute or hour session and had set my price for the work. If the results were good usually the client would tip me from 20-50 percent, but I never expected a tip. The way I feel if the service is good and the results are good, like in a restuarant tip. A good trainer knows his value, and his price will reflect it. I hope it helps
In life I have found no matter where you are headed, you will always be the first to know when you arrive.

#4 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

I think it depends. If you use a trainer on a regular basis it might be nice to tip during the holiday season, but after all you are paying for a service. With that being said I have never really used a trainer so my perspective is limited. On the other hand I just joined a very basic club down the street from me for some weight training, included in the fee I paid were 2 free sessions.

The first session was more of a sales job then anything else on personal training (I buy professionally and have a degree in marketing/advertising/consumer behavior and am immune to sales jobs and tactics). The second session was a major waste of my time since I did not sign up for long-term training the trainer hardly gave me the time of day. I was basically left to my own devices to figure out which equipment I needed to use to achieve the goals I want to achieve. The trainer was real insincere as well, I picked that up right off the bat, so obviously I didn’t tip.

Tips are a gratuity for good service, or a job well done, why tip for poor service.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users