• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-03: BTS Fri, March 27 to Sun, Mar 29, 2015 - Secaucus NJ..HELP OUT = FREE ENTRY

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 Dr Jay Scuba Dentist

Dr Jay Scuba Dentist

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer. Videographer and Photographer
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Welcome sinisa-

You will have a great time and love every body- even WreckWench  :-)

Posted Image

Dr. Jay

Brush, Floss & Breathe

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸

#47 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Hi I'm new to the site & diving but would like to meet new people and help Sat & Sun 10-ish till close.

Hi sinisa...... WELCOME!!

You have chosen a great sport, and a great group of divers to hang out with. It will be lots of fun for you to see all the exhibits, and all the scuba toys to add to your wish list. We'll make sure we leave lots of time for you to do that. Stay tuned!

#48 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hello Neville aka sinisa, :wavey:

See? I told you that your enthusiasm wold be recognized as a great addition to our BTS crew! :) Remember to include time for our traditional BTS Happy Hour after Saturday's show!

Hi I'm new to the site & diving but would like to meet new people and help Sat & Sun 10-ish till close.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#49 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

jesterdiver, Dave L & jerrymxz.... thanks for confirming the shirt size info! :thankyou:

sinisa.... can you let us know your shirt size?  (Wench prefers two choices, just in case).  We want to get you all duded up too!

I'll be sending out PMs to double check cell numbers. We keep those details offline...

#50 basso76

basso76

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Diver
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Ok, so a couple of question...

Is there a lot going on on Friday at the show?  At the moment, I plan on attending on Saturday only, but didn't want to miss anything.

Do you still need volunteers?  I'm new, so i'm not sure what I could help with.  Knowledge of scuba is lacking, but I am good with my hands in building/destroying things :-)

If I attend all day, I may as well stick around for happy hour.  

#51 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hi basso76..... WELCOME! It is definitely exciting to welcome new divers!! New to the sport, and new to our group! It's all good. We are a slightly nutty but very likeable crew... I'm thinking you will fit in just fine!

OK... to your questions: Fri nite the exhibits are open from 6-9pm. It is a great time to see the show, as they are the only rather uncrowded moments all weekend.
Still, if you are at work on Friday, and joining us on Sat works best for your schedule, we can make that work. In addition to some folks helping out at our booth, we sometimes have our folks help BTS staff with assorted tasks: covering at other booths where there may be only one worker and that worker needs a short break, helping out in the exhibitor coffee room, delivering stuff... whatever BTS needs by way of an extra pair of hands. You WILL enjoy the exhibits, and you will see and learn a lot, so we make sure that happens for you.

On Sat, exhibits are open from 9-5pm, and our happy hour follows that, next door.

Stay tuned here... I'll be shipping more details out.

p.s. Please let us know your shirt size (two choices). Thanks!!

#52 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hey!  Our ole pals Morgan and Dirk will be joining us on Saturday for the show, and also for the Happy Hour!  Thanks, guys! :cheerleader:

#53 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

Just in case you're having a rainy or snowy Saturday, I want to remind you that this event happens in one short month. That ought to cheer you up!!

Happy  :cheerleader: Hour  :cheerleader: Details.....

Where? Embassy Suites, next door to MEC (Meadowlands Expo Center)... look for the Singledivers.com flag and tables near the Bar

When? Sat nite, after Exhibits close at 5pm

Who? You, of course! See ya there.

Some folks go from the Happy Hour to the Underwater Film Fest, which starts at 8:30pm at La Quinta. Some folks get dinner, and some folks just continue Happy Hour-ing. It's all good!!!  :wakawaka:

#54 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hey... Welcome to Liz aka liznyc.  :welcome:    Liz was on the Cayman trip last year, and has offered to help out on Saturday or Sunday. Yeah!! We are kind of guy-intensive in our BTS roster so far this year, so another woman to help keep you folks in line is a very good thing!!   :lol: 

#55 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Sylvia, we have another newly member Rebecca aka City Diver in NYC has indicated via email she will be stopping by on Saturday, not sure if she will be able to volunteer but I suggest you contact her about the Happy Hour. :angel2: I will forward her email address to you via PM.

Hey... Welcome to Liz aka liznyc.  :welcome:    Liz was on the Cayman trip last year, and has offered to help out on Saturday or Sunday. Yeah!! We are kind of guy-intensive in our BTS roster so far this year, so another woman to help keep you folks in line is a very good thing!!   :lol: 

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#56 basso76

basso76

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Diver
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

Atocha Queen,

Thanks for the info.  I will try to make it Friday to avoid the crowds.  Maybe I'll spend the night, so I can drink and not have to drive back to NY.  Maybe rooms are already full?  I can play that one by ear.  As far as shirt size, XL or L.  I'll post that in the other forum section so you have it.  I'm looking forward to meeting the group and checking out the weekend activities.  

#57 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Atocha Queen,

Thanks for the info.  I will try to make it Friday to avoid the crowds.  Maybe I'll spend the night, so I can drink and not have to drive back to NY.  Maybe rooms are already full?  I can play that one by ear.  As far as shirt size, XL or L.  I'll post that in the other forum section so you have it.  I'm looking forward to meeting the group and checking out the weekend activities.  

Basso76.... Thank you for the t-shirt info! Kamala is now in Fiji, and will get back to the USA just a short time before heading to the BTS show. I need to have her t-shirt list compiled in a timely fashion, so she can pack those puppies and take 'em with her to the show.

I may still have one Fri nite room available.... the price on it is $149+tax (includes 2 beds, breakfast and parking), but it's right at the convention center. But there are cheaper rooms to be found if you are willing to drive a mile or two. I know that jerrymxz found a good deal last year.

The Saturday show craziness is fun, if jam-packed agrees with you. Remember, you can always come by our booth and take a breather! 

See you soon, basso76!!

A note for dive_sail_etc.... thanks for the post about Rebecca. We've caught up by email and we're going to get to meet her BTS weekend too. It will be great fun to meet the "newbies."

#58 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

Sylvia, are you tracking who is coming and when they may show up to help? I suggest putting a list in one of first posts in this thread so we have easy access to the info. In years past we have also had a group message to everyone who expressed an interest with the information we didn't want to put on the open forum...Like is done for every trip.  Just my 2psi.  What do you all think?

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#59 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Sylvia, are you tracking who is coming and when they may show up to help? I suggest putting a list in one of first posts in this thread so we have easy access to the info. In years past we have also had a group message to everyone who expressed an interest with the information we didn't want to put on the open forum...Like is done for every trip.  Just my 2psi.  What do you all think?

Hey, Jer! Thanks for the suggestion. All your ideas are terrific.... well, maybe not the one involving a certain golf cart in a sleepy little island called Holbox, but otherwise, you're good! :laugh:

We've been keeping kind of a skimpy list in the first thread. I'll make sure to do a better job of it, and you folks will be soon hearing from me separately re cell phones, how to get into the building to get your badge and such.  I won't get to that stuff till sometime through the weekend; for the past 10 days I've been staying at my very senior neighbors' house.... she took a fall and is now in rehab and I am staying with her 89-yr-old hubby who has Alzheimer's. None of that is a problem for me EXCEPT they don't have internet!! :verysad:   So I dash home for a wee bit each day to fire off a note here and feed my poor kitties. I'll get a break come Sunday when some others will step in. Then I'll ramp up things here. Later, gator....

#60 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

OH come on!! the bar hopping in a golf cart in Holbox was the stuff of myth and legend!! doesn't get and better then that!!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users