• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-05/06: DAZZLING DOMINICA & Birthday Bash! MAY 23-30 AND MAY 30-JUNE 6, 2015

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Pam & Fred: (continued)

1. I see you are trying for both weeks...GREAT! Obviously we can extend you if you get the days off. How soon do you think you will know? Or have you just decided to do the 3 extra days and settle on that since you are buying air?2.

2. Yes diving pkg is Sunday to Thursday (almost everyone adds the last day of diving since it is that good)

3. As mentioned before do you want  to add extra diving days during the 3 extra days you are on the isldn or do youwant to try and do some touring?

4. Are you using the local flight via our contract? We need the air authorization form filled out and payment for it to book it. We have this week to get that done but I have to know TODAY! Thank you! kamalap.s.

So glad you are joining us! :wakawaka:

Good evening! 

Sorry for my late reply... I had a family emergency earlier in the week.

1.  It's final, I can't make it out for the whole first week.   :(!!!  But we will get there on 27 May.  Coming in from San Juan, tix were a little cheaper.

2. I am interested in Diving on Friday (5 Jun), Fred is not.  

3. I am interested in Diving Thursday and Friday, Fred is not.  We will do a tour/shore dive/relax etc on Sat. 

4.  Bummed I missed the chance at the charter - your flight times are great!

Pam aka Blue151

Hello Pam, sorry for the fmaily emergency and we pray whatever occurred was resolved to the postitive. We are sorry you and Fred can't make both weeks in full, but there will be plenty of diving for the ten days you are with us!

Can you please help explain your bullet items 2 and 3 - do you mean Fred will pass on diving Friday 5 Jun PLUS Thursday  28 May and Friday 29 May? And that the Saturday for tour options and relaxing is 30 May?

Also please remember, though you conceivably can dive on the AM of Friday 5 Jun, PLEASE be certain that the time of your return flight 6 Jun allows a sufficient pre flight surface interval. Kamala may wish to chime in on the latest guidelines rom DAN regarding this. In an case, please forward your flight confirmation with itinerary to trips@singledivers.com (the COMPLETE itinerary for you both please), Kamala does use that information  :angel2:  and I can transcribe the info we need into each Booking Template.

Oh and remember also we need you and Fred both to subscrive to Premeir membership so we can include you in the Dominica Private Message (PM) thread, which contains among other trip specific and critical information, a link and password to both the Documents Forum as wll as Special Discussion (SD) topics whwn they open. Here is a direct link to a quick How to Subscribe topic. Please feel free to contact us at trips@singledivers.com if you have other questions. Thanks and you are going to LOVE Dominica!! :diver:

Thanks for your thoughts, yes, everything is on the mend and should end up positive!  :pray:

Sorry for the confusion above..

2.  I am interested in diving 5 Jun if there are enough people (6 I think) who want to do it.  My flight departs Dom @ 11 on Sat, so it will likely be about 22 - 23  hours when we get out of the water.... I should be ok by the new "18 hour rule".  If we don't get enough people who are interested, I will be ok sitting by the beach or doing a shore dive too!  :)

3.  Since we are coming in on 27 May (half way through week one).. I am interested in diving 28 and 29 May as well.... Sorry I forgot to put the dates above for clarity.  And the relax day is Saturday - 30 May.... But I am totally flexible, if we meet the 6 person min for a dive boat on Saturday instead of Friday I am good going that day too... I *should* take a break on one day.  :)

On the memberships, I sent an email to accounting@singledivers.com last night as well, but haven't heard back.  Fred is signed up/paid.  I had a question about my status.... But hope to get this all worked out soon so we can get the pw and get all of our docs back to you!  Thank you!

#92 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Local dive shop. I completed the pool part also. I never found time to do the open water dives. I will get the paperwork when I have my equipment serviced.

Ok I will see if we can finish it up in DOM and let you know.

Glen sending PM with pricing for you. Let me know so we can schedule this as instructors are in demand when the resort is full.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#93 QueenPenny

QueenPenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:open water diver
  • Logged Dives:85 logged dives

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

BOOKING TEMPLATE:
Penny aka QueenPenny
Payments Summary ToPaid $1250

DateWk 1 (May23-May30) or Wk 2 (May30-Jun6):Both

D/O or S/O: D/O

Garden View or Ocean View: Garden view
Extra Days/Nights: None

Nitrox $155 for 10 Trip Dives (or $15.50 per tank extra) or $310 if doing both weeks: No

Whale Tour $59: Yes. Free as early booking

Extra 2 tank Boat Dive $88 (6 person minimum):No

Night Boat Dive $66 (6 person minimum):   No

Flight Details: Arranging my own flights
Charter Flight: arranging my own

Documents: SD AIR Auth Form _____ SD Waiver _____ SD Survey _____ SD Ins Summary _____
Dive Insurance Current: DAN insurance policy
 #: 2483978
Trip Insurance
a. I have insurance that covers this trip already. Yes
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out):TBD
Other/Special Requests: None
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
b. I paid in full for the TRIP ONLY by 4-15-15 (Per extension) and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59.

g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no add'l $75 document fee.
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

• WreckWench likes this

#94 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Penny aka QueenPenny

Nitrox $155 for 10 Trip Dives (or $15.50 per tank extra) or $310 if doing both weeks: No

Documents: SD AIR Auth Form _____ SD Waiver _____ SD Survey _____ SD Ins Summary _____
Trip Insurance
b. I paid in full for the TRIP ONLY by 4-15-15 (Per extension) and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59.

g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no add'l $75 document fee.
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

Thanks Penny!  :thankyou:  Just to confirm since so far we have received payment for Week 1 only, do you plan to be with us BOTH WEEKS in Dominica?? That would be fantastic!! :cool1: Reply here to let me know please! :respect:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#95 Pooch

Pooch

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

I have all my forms filled out. I was wondering if i could snail mail it?

#96 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

I have all my forms filled out. I was wondering if i could snail mail it?

HI Glen, unfortunately Kamala just left for the Grenada trip and we volunteers are scattered all over the states from GA to PA to TX to NM.... and a couple I cannot think of off the top of my head! *grins* Please email trips@singledivers.com for options - we'll hammer something out.

Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#97 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Beth and Vazz put me in a choke hold last weekend. I am in for week 2. Details to follow. Airfare is booked and Kamala has a spot for me on the shuttle
  • Bubbles likes this
Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

#98 BoricuaDiver

BoricuaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:750

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Please sign me up for the Nitrox package week 1 ($155) and for the Whale / dolphin dive ($59).  Thanks.

BoricuaDiver

Edited by BoricuaDiver, 20 April 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#99 StillDiving

StillDiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AdvOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Rich aka StillDiving        updates

Trip Insurance:
a. I have insurance that covers this trip already.  I have Trip Insurance now

Extra 2 tank Boat Dive $88 (6 person minimum):  If this is a go on Week 1, I may be interested.

Flight Details:  emailed copy of reservation

Documents:   just emailed a set – did I find all?  

#100 StillDiving

StillDiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AdvOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Trip Insurance:

Extra 2 tank Boat Dive $88 (6 person minimum):  If this is a go on Week 1, I may be interested.

Flight Details:  emailed copy of reservation

Documents:   just emailed a set – did I find all?  

Also, do not need to rent BC at resort. 

And, $50 credit might be applied to Friday AM extra boat dives -- assuming DOM-SXM is low altitude then I should have enough surface time before Saturday international flight.  

Payments Summary To DateBase Trip PIF $1250 + + $155 Nitrox + $385 WinAir + $50 BC rental 13 Apr ($50 credit, gear rental direct from resort)

#101 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

Trip Insurance:
Noted in Booking Template

Extra 2 tank Boat Dive $88 (6 person minimum):  If this is a go on Week 1, I may be interested. Noted in Booking Template

Flight Details:  emailed copy of reservation Got it , will update Booking Template

Documents:   just emailed a set – did I find all? Got all docs - have updated Booking Template

Also, do not need to rent BC at resort. Removed from Booking Template

And, $50 credit might be applied to Friday AM extra boat dives -- assuming DOM-SXM is low altitude then I should have enough surface time before Saturday international flight.  

Yes the Charter is low altitude not pressurized, per a post Kamala made earlier in this topic. noted in Booking Template you may do extra and if ou do to apply your $50 credit to that dive.

Payments Summary To DateBase Trip PIF $1250 + $155 Nitrox + $385 WinAir + $50 BC rental 13 Apr ($50 credit, gear rental direct from resort)

Thanks Rich for the update - see my replies in blue/bold above.

#102 BoricuaDiver

BoricuaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:750

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Please add me to:

- list of Whale / dolphin dive experience. 

- Nitrox tanks for the week or 23 May 15

Thanks 

BoricuaDiver

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Pam & Fred: (continued)

1. I see you are trying for both weeks...GREAT! Obviously we can extend you if you get the days off. How soon do you think you will know? Or have you just decided to do the 3 extra days and settle on that since you are buying air?2.

2. Yes diving pkg is Sunday to Thursday (almost everyone adds the last day of diving since it is that good)

3. As mentioned before do you want  to add extra diving days during the 3 extra days you are on the isldn or do youwant to try and do some touring?

4. Are you using the local flight via our contract? We need the air authorization form filled out and payment for it to book it. We have this week to get that done but I have to know TODAY! Thank you! kamalap.s.

So glad you are joining us! :wakawaka:

Good evening! 

Sorry for my late reply... I had a family emergency earlier in the week.

1.  It's final, I can't make it out for the whole first week.   :(!!!  But we will get there on 27 May.  Coming in from San Juan, tix were a little cheaper.

2. I am interested in Diving on Friday (5 Jun), Fred is not.  

3. I am interested in Diving Thursday and Friday, Fred is not.  We will do a tour/shore dive/relax etc on Sat. 

4.  Bummed I missed the chance at the charter - your flight times are great!

Pam aka Blue151

Hello Pam, sorry for the fmaily emergency and we pray whatever occurred was resolved to the postitive. We are sorry you and Fred can't make both weeks in full, but there will be plenty of diving for the ten days you are with us!

Can you please help explain your bullet items 2 and 3 - do you mean Fred will pass on diving Friday 5 Jun PLUS Thursday  28 May and Friday 29 May? And that the Saturday for tour options and relaxing is 30 May?

Also please remember, though you conceivably can dive on the AM of Friday 5 Jun, PLEASE be certain that the time of your return flight 6 Jun allows a sufficient pre flight surface interval. Kamala may wish to chime in on the latest guidelines rom DAN regarding this. In an case, please forward your flight confirmation with itinerary to trips@singledivers.com (the COMPLETE itinerary for you both please), Kamala does use that information  :angel2:  and I can transcribe the info we need into each Booking Template.

Oh and remember also we need you and Fred both to subscrive to Premeir membership so we can include you in the Dominica Private Message (PM) thread, which contains among other trip specific and critical information, a link and password to both the Documents Forum as wll as Special Discussion (SD) topics whwn they open. Here is a direct link to a quick How to Subscribe topic. Please feel free to contact us at trips@singledivers.com if you have other questions. Thanks and you are going to LOVE Dominica!! :diver:

Thanks for your thoughts, yes, everything is on the mend and should end up positive!  :pray:

Sorry for the confusion above..

2.  I am interested in diving 5 Jun if there are enough people (6 I think) who want to do it.  My flight departs Dom @ 11 on Sat, so it will likely be about 22 - 23  hours when we get out of the water.... I should be ok by the new "18 hour rule".  If we don't get enough people who are interested, I will be ok sitting by the beach or doing a shore dive too!   :)

3.  Since we are coming in on 27 May (half way through week one).. I am interested in diving 28 and 29 May as well.... Sorry I forgot to put the dates above for clarity.  And the relax day is Saturday - 30 May.... But I am totally flexible, if we meet the 6 person min for a dive boat on Saturday instead of Friday I am good going that day too... I *should* take a break on one day.   :)

On the memberships, I sent an email to accounting@singledivers.com last night as well, but haven't heard back.  Fred is signed up/paid.  I had a question about my status.... But hope to get this all worked out soon so we can get the pw and get all of our docs back to you!  Thank you!

I still owe you a summarized final pricing but a bit hard while leading the trip I am on. I will do this Friday when we have our day off from diving.

Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#104 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Beth and Vazz put me in a choke hold last weekend. I am in for week 2. Details to follow. Airfare is booked and Kamala has a spot for me on the shuttle

Yes Suzi is on the charter flight... Brad pls add her to our master list in the 3rd post. :thankyou:

formerly...

#105 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Penny aka QueenPenny

Trip Insurance

Thanks Penny!  :thankyou:  Just to confirm since so far we have received payment for Week 1 only, do you plan to be with us BOTH WEEKS in Dominica?? That would be fantastic!! :cool1: Reply here to let me know please! :respect:

Brad she is doing both weeks. I will square the final funding up when I get back from Grenada. :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users