• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015/2016: NYE in Cozumel! Dec 26 2015 - Jan 2 2016- ONE SPOT LEFT!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

The currents can vary but really they are quite manageable. You may want to consider using Kamala's Rent-A-Buddy progam. You'd be matched up with either Kamala or another experienced diver who would help you with your skills and be there for you to bolster your confidence. Cozumel is one of my absolute favorite dive destinations, I go nearly every year and I've never experienced scary current - it can be fast, don't get me wrong BUT it's all drift diving and you are going with the flow not fighting against it.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#17 ItsScubaJen

ItsScubaJen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:215

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

Apex, I second Sqbagal's comments. I actually completed my open water certification in Cozumel and felt very safe. Cozumel is an excellent place for beginners. The Rent-A-Buddy program will real,y help you fine tune your skills as well, should you elect to go that route. Have fun, and happy diving!
  • Jerrymxz likes this

#18 DivingBelle

DivingBelle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

Hi Apex - I am going on this trip and I believe it is evenly split right now between experienced and newer divers - I brought my god child to Cozumel when she was a new diver and she really enjoyed it - the currents I find actually make it easy diving - you probably can't do Devil's Throat but you can do most of the dives in Cozumel - and there is a lot to see there - I have been diving over 10 years and Cozumel is one of my favorite dive places - plus we are going over New Year's - so it will be fun!

Colleen

#19 DivingBelle

DivingBelle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

Correction, Apex - more people are signing up since I last checked so if you come it will be close to evenly split but right now it appears to be 3 new divers and 6 experienced divers! Kamala can provide more details!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

Hey gang we have only 1 spot left on the trip guaranteed! Its a male spot or a gal willing to room with a guy which is NOT our normal "method of operation"... quite the opposite we guarantee a same gender roomie. But when we are down to the last spot we will open that spot up to a female willing to room with a 'nice and vetted guy'.

We have a great group joining us and a great group of repeats and new members as well as seasoned divers and newer divers. I have to see if the last spot can be a new diver as we may have maxed out the number we can do for the Rent A Buddy program.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

The Cozumel trip is now fully booked, welcome aboard Amy aka YoloDiver who was just on our fantastic Belize liveaboard trip! :angel2: You are a real dive angel! *smiles* Francisco aka BorucuaDiver is also fresh from our Belize trip, as am I; some of us simply cannot get enough of Kamala's great trips!! :dance:

For those who may yet wish to join the trip wee will start a Standby List; simply post here to let us know. Looking forward to meeting the group in Cozumel! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

LAST MINUTE UPDATE:

I HAVE 1 MORE ROOM I CAN GET... and I have a gal that wants to share a room! So if any GAL still wants to go LET US KNOW ASAP!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 BoricuaDiver

BoricuaDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:750

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

What is the average and deepest dive in Cozumel?  Which day will be the night dive?  

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

.What is the average and deepest dive in Cozumel?  Which day will be the night dive?

WW please see Fransisco aka BoricuaDiver's info request above. :blush: :thankyou:

Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

What is the average and deepest dive in Cozumel?  Which day will be the night dive?  

Fransisco, I followed up the Quoted Post to The Wench with a phone text - she just arrived in Texas to visit family before the Coz trip, and should be online sometime today or tomorrow. She is the only SingleDivers.com representative who is authorized to contact the resort directly. I share your interest in the points you inquire about above...

#26 DivingBelle

DivingBelle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

Hi Everyone - just a week to go - looking forward to meeting everyone in Cozumel! Brad can you remind me what information Kamala wants us to put into an envelope with our names on it and any other things we need to provide to her or you at the orientation.
Thanks,
Colleen

#27 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hi Everyone - just a week to go - looking forward to meeting everyone in Cozumel! Brad can you remind me what information Kamala wants us to put into an envelope with our names on it and any other things we need to provide to her or you at the orientation.
Thanks,
Colleen

Hi Colleen - Kamala is traveling at the moment, in Texas visiting family before our trip to Cozumel. However I believe I can help with your question, and look soon for notifications from posts in the Trip Private Message (PM) thread in which you are already a member for even more trip specific information. Here is a quote from another topic on what we should include in the Emergency Envelope:

Bring the following items in a SEALED envelope on every SingleDivers.com trip. Write your name and screen name (i.e. Kamala aka WreckWench) on the outside of the envelope. Kamala will collect these on the first day ot the trip and RETURN it to you if not needed at the end of the trip.
(Hint: It is okay to use front and back of pages, as wellas combining several items on one page, so long the information is clearly defined and legible).

- An emergency point of contact including name, addresse and phone number (preferably one which can be reached reliably 24 hours a day, i.e. cell phone)
 - A copy of your Dive Insurance Card (typically this is through DAN but if it is inclucded in your trip insurance policy, use that)
 - A copy of your Trip Insurance Policy, or at least the provider name and policy number and/or confirmation number.
 - A copy of your Primary health insurance card (front & back)
 - A list of all allergies
 - A list of adverse health conditions a doctor may need to know
 - A complete list of medications you will be taking while on the trip
 - A copy of your passport photo / siganture pages
 - A copy of any and all of your dive C-cards (i.e. basic, AOW and Nitrox)

See you soon in Cozziland! :diver: *bubbles*

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:46 AM

Which day will be the night dive?  

Francisco we need a more people for the night dive. Currently only DiveGuppy and I are signed up and paid for it. If you plan to join us we need you to sign up and pay for it via our shopping cart system.

Typically we do a night dive on Tuesday so people have a chance to get settled in.

However we need at least 3 more people on the dive to make it happen.

formerly...

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

What is the average and deepest dive in Cozumel?  

The first dive is usually 30 or 40 to however deep you want to go. The second dive is usually more shallow than that. So something for everyone.

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

UPDATE:

I have started to get the TRIP PM populated. If you did not receive a copy in your email INBOX entitled WreckWench has shared a personal conversation with you then PLEASE email trips@singledivers.ccom to let us know OR POST IN THIS TOPIC. We will then make sure you are added to the trip PM (please upgrade to the premier level so we can add you to this invaluable communication mechanism) and/or we will ensure your settings send you a copy. YOU CAN ALWAYS LOG IN AND CHECK THEM DIRECTLY.  Just ask if you need help on that!

I had to fly nearly a week early to TX to help my mom. Family issues have taken me offline more than anticipated so I hope to play catch up later today. :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users