HOW TO CREATE A FUN SCREEN NAME:
We use screen names or display names to protect your identity and to help show your personality. I am wreckwench because I love diving on wrecks. Other names include scubapunk, dive_sail_etc, fingrabber, shadragon, diverdeb, well you get the idea.
If you need help creating a screen name please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.
Please take a minute to think of a fun screen name vs your initials and birth date etc. Once your screen name is set up it becomes very hard to nearly impossible to change it. "Possible" is if you have created the screen name and just browsed the forums. "Hard" is if you have paid for membership already and "impossible" is if you have signed up for a trip already.
AFTER READING BELOW AND THINKING OF A FUN NAME ITS NOW TIME TO CREATE YOUR FUN NAME.... so do the following....
- You are currently in the Surface Interval Forums
- Look in the upper right and you will see that you can LOGIN or REGISTER
- Click on REGISTER and follow the prompts.
- Remember all trip goers must upgrade their membership to our premier level ($35 a year of which $25 is refundable as a member rebate after each trip you take if you file for it)
- Once you have upgraded your membership it will take a day or so to fully upgrade unless you use paypal and then it will upgrade automatically.
- Once you are upgraded you can now look at member profiles, sign up for trips, private message (PM) other premier members etc.
In our NEW system which uses our old FORUMS to maintain and create your new account name/screen name/ display name and login name....they are NOW ALL THE SAME NAME!
SO IF YOU ARE NEW....
Create a fun one that will identify you when you sign up for trips and post in our forums. I am WreckWench and we have scubapunk, dive_sail_etc, FishFriend, Cmdr. Clownfish, fingrabber, sea urchin, and the list goes on and on. (Need ideas? Or help? Email email@example.com)
Once you have created this name it will be your login for both sites (the booking site and the forums) and it will be your screen name and display name etc. It is everything! Sadly once its created we can't change it so please pick a fun one now via THIS link!
AND IF YOU JOINED PRIOR TO JUN 1, 2015....
Then you know in our old system we had a login name AND a display/screen name. NOW they have been merged into your DISPLAY name only. Need help logging in? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the RED help desk button at the top of the forums.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
The system security features include a Timeout for three consecutive failed login attempts, so please consider and apply each login attempt carefully!
For security reasons do not use your full real name. You can be DebbieDiver or DivinDave but protect your real name wherever possible.
If you need help you can contact:
email@example.com - Technical Help
firstname.lastname@example.org - Trip related help